What's new

Should we make a Petition to change the Devanagari script of Bangla!?

Are we ready for this? Will you support the Bangladesh people for this CHANGE?

• Total voters
who made the Farsi, Urdu or any Nastaliq-Bangla haram? or why were they made haram? or who made the Muslim names of towns, villages and cities haram that they were changed by the Hindus during the colonial period?

and having an official Nastaliq-Bangla does not necessarily place any ban on any Sanskrit Bangla. but you just don't like the idea of Muslim cultural elements regaining influence after they were replaced by Hindu culture during the 200-year colonial period.

it seems you are quick to mention the Quran and the Sunnah when defending an unwarranted dominance of a Hindu practise, but hate the existence of any culture that is part of BD's Muslim heritage. if there is anyone who is calling something haram, it is you who is calling Muslim culture as haram

I said there is no Haram language, please read first before replying. I am also against Hindu names of towns, villages and cities.
I am quick to mention the Quran and the Sunnah because i try to abide by them as a Muslim should be. Don't try to assume too much, to me everything except Allah have little worth. I wouldn't even consider anyone friend no matter how good he or she is unless they believe in Allah. I only support Bangla because i use it and Bangladesh is my country that's all.

Okay, I apologise if I hurt you in anyway. Sometimes I can be a bit too rash in my actions... And IF Bangla is ever to be changed to a script then I think Nastaliq script fits more because both are Indo Aryan languages. And there is P and V in Persian.

I was not talking about myself, I was just pointing out the level of immaturity.
So, amuse me, why do you think there is a necessity for a change?

Please expand.

If.

I'm not sure that I wish to spend time on this thread; it is one of the worst and most juvenile that I've come across. The OP seems like a fake, and an Indian agent provocateur. The arguments forwarded for such a hypothetical change are utterly puerile, although, in this case, we are presumably to find them puellile.

But let us see.

I was not talking about myself, I was just pointing out the level of immaturity.
So, amuse me, why do you think there is a necessity for a change?
why do you think there is a need to explain such things to people who are in such opposition to Muslim culture and heritage of the subcontinent?

why do you think there is a need to explain such things to people who are in such opposition to Muslim culture and heritage of the subcontinent?

Firstly, I don't really appreciate, this particular action of trying to hijack a question which is directed to someone else..

Secondly, even if you do, you come up with the answer first.

Thirdly, do you normally make such assumptions before talking to people or is this a special case?

Fourthly, what will be your answer, if the same question is asked to you?

@king Mamba

There is an interesting part of the discussion that has developed over the last few posts. One side has demonstrated an admirable grip over the antecedents and the practical situation of Bengali, but in a distorted, warped version of what I believe to be the reality, while the other side has no clue whatsoever about the realities that research reveals.

This is history at its worst - and best.

At the moment, I would rather watch this fascinating development, and greedily absorb those references that I did not have earlier, than write about the fragmentation of the Islamic state.

Bear with me.

I swear I replied to Snow Queen or some other BDeshi and not you? What's going on? :lol:
i dunno man.....ghor kalyug :lol:
....and i swear i dunno that much about nastaliq or nashq ??? wat are they and how they are important for this discussion ???

i dunno man.....ghor kalyug :lol:
....and i swear i dunno that much about nastaliq or nashq ??? wat are they and how they are important for this discussion ???

Just different styles of writing with the same alphabet

nastaliq.jpg

Urdu, Punjabi (Shahmukhi), Sindhi, Pashto, Dari, Farsi, Kurdi and most other languages are written in Nastaliq;
Arabic and I think Jawi (i.e. writing system for the Malay language) are written in Naskh.

And neither of these 'important' for discussion. I mentioned them as a joke.

If.
I'm not sure that I wish to spend time on this thread; it is one of the worst and most juvenile that I've come across. The OP seems like a fake, and an Indian agent provocateur. The arguments forwarded for such a hypothetical change are utterly puerile, although, in this case, we are presumably to find them puellile.
But let us see.

Why do you care whatever we do? Is this going to effect India in any way? We can do whatever we want and no one can do anything about it! If you don't like this topic then don't come into this forum section but stay in your own country's section!

No wonder why everyone in this Sub Continent do not like the Indians. They think the whole world revolves around them. :angry:

Last edited:
Just different styles of writing with the same alphabet

nastaliq.jpg

Urdu, Punjabi (Shahmukhi), Sindhi, Pashto, Dari, Farsi, Kurdi and most other languages are written in Nastaliq;
Arabic and I think Jawi (i.e. writing system for the Malay language) are written in Naskh.

And neither of these 'important' for discussion. I mentioned them as a joke.
nashk looks awesome......i like this style.

Back
Top Bottom