What's new

Sidhu Moosewala shot dead, aged 28.

Sad to see a young man die violently. Punjab has too much of gang problem. I avoid New Delhi these days for this reason only. Unless, the flight I take has same connection airport. The entire place has gone stupidly nutty.

As far as music goes. Well, watch this video. Though done as a joke is VERY VERY honest review of pubjabi music scene in Canada, US and UK.

And yes, this is the template of most of "Moosewalla" etc videos :

Bonus : UK Punjabi song by same singer. Kabootran di Shaan

Last edited:
Typically, even political parties avoid killing famous people in India, with some rare exceptions.

Most likely, this was a gang rivalry. Other possibility would be association with extremists at a high enough level.
Dude had a bullet proof car, which he didn't use on the day of the incident.

With rappers, it is hard to tell who's a fake gangsta, and who is real.

Love his music, though.
Try same beef, so high ...

A
Typically, even political parties avoid killing famous people in India, with some rare exceptions.

Most likely, this was a gang rivalry. Other possibility would be association with extremists at a high enough level.
Dude had a bullet proof car, which he didn't use on the day of the incident.

With rappers, it is hard to tell who's a fake gangsta, and who is real.

Love his music, though.
Try same beef, so high ...
He wasn't a gangster but built a gangster persona
To carryout that persona got involved with wrong people

Canadian Sikh gangs are serious gangs - not your Bollywood type a gang
They're mutli million $ gangs involved in every money making crimes, so clearly not jokes, these guys give black, white hoodlums run for Thier money in fights, showdowns

Now he got involved in a beef with these guys - which he was not built for
End result is for all to see unfortunately

In my years of following hip hop - Snoop Dogg said the right thing
Darker the shit you say darker your life becomes, you can't become a "persona" forever
He said when he was saying dark stuff his life was court, gangs etc, he said Tupac increased dark lyrics before his death , Nipsey Hussle had dark lyrics dark end ,

I can name you dozens of examples - I don't know if it's nature's way or God's but it's a pattern with a lot of artists

Decent guys- build persona - attract wrong crowd - get involved with them to keep up that persona - increase dark content - meet dark ending

Last edited:
Sad to see a young man die violently. Punjab has too much of gang problem. I avoid New Delhi these days for this reason only. Unless, the flight I take has same connection airport. The entire place has gone stupidly nutty.

As far as music goes. Well, watch this video. Though done as a joke is VERY VERY honest review of pubjabi music scene in Canada, US and UK.

Well you can criticize this music but this music put South Asian music scene on the map at global level - y'all don't know how big and crazy Punjabi music scene is rn especially and has been for last 1-2 decades

Imran Khan singer was filling out concerts in frickin turkey with all Turkish crowds and his songs were topping European charts for weeks

Indian Punjabi music is even more next level than that in terms of appeal - this thing sells

Last edited:

JUS REIGN LMGAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT GUY LUL

Well you can criticize this music but this music put South Asian music scene on the map at global level - y'all don't know how big and crazy Punjabi music scene is rn especially and has been for last 1-2 decades

Imran Khan singer was filling out concerts in frickin turkey with all Turkish crowds and his songs were topping European charts for weeks

Indian Punjabi music is even more next level than that in terms of appeal - this thing sells

Yup past 2 decades have shown the trend that Punjabi music has taken over completely rather than ur tradiitonal Urdu/Hindi songs.

Crazy how he died though, very unexpected.

I know his song Jatt da muqabla but thats about it. Other than that I heard from tik tok or my Punjabi friends blasting it on insta or in their cars lmao

Did he ever sing for bollywood? Wonder why most have never heard of him despite Punjabi songs now being popular pan India

JUS REIGN LMGAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
He is a lovely guy. Met him few times in passing (No, he does not know me. Obviously). He has withdrawn from youtube scene. His last work I know is this documentary called Supreme Law (https://boxoffice.hotdocs.ca/websal...fo=90061~6052eab3-8904-4c72-8914-433e6b8b62f1). He played prime minister of canada in it.

Look, I do not criticise Punjabi Music. I do not know Punjabi well enough to follow most songs. People who are much closer to the scene do it much better than I do. Jus Reign here is a youtuber from Canada known for his comedy and pretty funny commentry on lives of immigrant families back in 90s or so. I do agree with his point though : Punjabi music in Canada, UK and US has stagnated over time and have become cookie cutter.

I personally have very fond memories of Gurudas Maan's songs while growing up in India. I still have cassettes bought back in 80s or 90s. Made by T-Series to boot :-)lol:).

Last edited:

I believe Imran Khan's producer was Turkish. Satisfya was way ahead of its time, it is still an absolute banger.

great poet, singer and composer. especially, 295, 'minu punjab kenhday aa', 'jatti junamore di'... a great loss to art

Honestly this is very shocking, I never listen to desi/punjabi Music, but I always heard about him, such a shock. Rest in peace.
this murder was definitely political more than personal. why is it that every time a Indian that promotes Khalistan and is on good terms with Pakistan is always hurt dead or bullied in India. I mean it happens every time almost every time and its not coincident that every time a man with following who speaks the truth about Indian politics and is on good terms with Pakistan always ends up deAD. THINK ABOUT IT GUYS. I BELIVE INDIAN GOVERNMENT HAS GOT THIS GUY KILLED. INDIAN intelligence Had a big role to play is what I believe. time will bring out the true story one day soon inshAllah right now the stories we hear are bought up made up bullshit stories. when the time passes it alwaYS UNVEILS THE TRUTH. AND THIS TRUTH WILL BE unveiled WITH TIME. INSHAALLAH

Back
Top Bottom