What's new

Sidhu shrugs off criticism over Pak PM 'bada bhai' comment, says 'let BJP say what they want'

Invicta

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I enjoyed reading this and learning how P*****d off BJP/RSS goons were on his reaction. Enjoy.

Unfazed by the stinging criticism over reportedly calling Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan his 'bada bhai' (big brother), Punjab Congress chief Navjot Singh Sidhu dismissed BJP's relentless attacks on him with just one line: 'Let BJP say what they want'.

Sidhu then walked off from the press conference in Punjab's Gurdaspur after returning from his visit to Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Kartarpur, Pakistan.
As a reporter proceeded to ask a question to Sidhu on his 'bada bhai' remark, the Congress leader interrupted him by saying: "BJP jo marzi kahe, main ki kara (Let BJP say what they want, what should I do)".

The smouldering politics over the 58-year-old cricketer-turned-politician's ties with Imran Khan reached a new nucleation point today as his loyalty towards the country was questioned, again.

Controversy erupted soon after BJP IT department head Amit Malviya shared a purported video of Sidhu greeting and hugging a Pakistani official and calling Imran Khan his 'bada bhai'.

Rahul Gandhi's favourite Navjot Singh Sidhu calls Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan his "bada bhai". Last time he had hugged Gen Bajwa, Pakistan Army's Chief, heaped praises. Is it any surprise that the Gandhi siblings chose a Pakistan loving Sidhu over veteran Amarinder Singh?" Malviya tweeted.

Several politicians also came down heavily on Sidhu with BJP MP Gautam Gambhir tweeting: "Send ur son or daughter to the border & then call a terrorist state head ur big brother! #Disgusting #Spineless."

"Does Sidhu remember that Pakistani terrorists killed more than 40 of our civilians and jawans in Kashmir in the last month? We have been fighting against terrorism for 70 years with Pakistan,"
Gambhir added.

Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla also reproved Sidhu's comments. "It is expected that all representatives in and outside of House should say positive things. All representatives should believe that our country is supreme and no country is above our country," Birla said.

"Does Sidhu remember that Pakistani terrorists killed more than 40 of our civilians and jawans in Kashmir in the last month? We have been fighting against terrorism for 70 years with Pakistan," Gambhir added.

Lok Sabha speaker Om Birla also reproved Sidhu's comments. "It is expected that all representatives in and outside of House should say positive things. All representatives should believe that our country is supreme and no country is above our country," Birla said.

Congress's Manish Tewari too didn't spare his colleague.

Manish_Tewari_tweet_0-x296.PNG

Akali Dal leader Daljit Cheema accused Sidhu of wanting 'publicity'.

"He (Sidhu) has no inkling of responsibilities. He says such things deliberately, he knows that if he will speak in favour of Pakistan and their PM, it will be made an issue in India Even if he has to speak against the sentiments of the country, he wants publicity. I think we should ignore him," Cheema said.

BJP spokesperson Gaurav Goel pitched for Sidhu to be sent to Pakistan to be with his "brother Imran Khan."

Gaurav_Goel_tweet-x273.PNG

zoomin-icon.png

Sidhu's visit to Kartarpur Sahib comes amid high drama in the state Congress for the past few weeks marred by several exits and, more recently, after Sidhu's exclusion from the delegation led by Chief Minister Charanjit Singh Channi that visited Kartarpur Sahib on Thursday.

Navjot Singh Sidhu has been openly revolting against his own party - criticising several moves - and he even got his way after Punjab Advocate-General was removed and his pick, DS Patwalia, was appointed as the state top government lawyer on Friday.

Sidhu also said the reopening of the Kartarpur Corridor, which links Gurdwara Darbar Sahib in Pakistan, the resting place of Sikhism founder Guru Nanak Dev, to Dera Baba Nanak shrine in Gurdaspur, was possible due to the efforts of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Imran Khan.

Akali Dal leader Daljit Cheema accused Sidhu of wanting 'publicity'.

"He (Sidhu) has no inkling of responsibilities. He says such things deliberately, he knows that if he will speak in favour of Pakistan and their PM, it will be made an issue in India Even if he has to speak against the sentiments of the country, he wants publicity. I think we should ignore him," Cheema said.
Looks like forum has agreed to ignore him too. I am yet to come across a single post on PDF calling IK brother.

:coffee: Mr Sidhu knows , the saying "Chuna Laga Diya"
I apologize not sure how this translates to English for our International fans

The "meetha pan" , has this white substance which can cause a sore if too much of it is applied
Which gives the need for phrase "Chuna Laga Diya" i.e Too much of it

EUvfF5YU8AIBc14

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom