What's new

Signing of FTA with UAE likely this month

We don't have much to import from UAE except petroleum products do we?
Hopefully not. I'm certain those running Pakistan don't care as they might be getting incentives or are not smart enough to fully understand the long-term economic implications of this agreement.

Just like when they didn't care when making the Reko Diq deal and other contracts that screwed Pakistan over with electricity prices or when it was being penalized for billions of dollars at international arbitration.

Last edited:
Pakistan signing FTA with UAE.. What could go wrong.

Depends on the terms of the FTA. I'm under the impression that FTAs do not necessarily have to include every goods and service known to mankind. However yes, potentially if India can export to the UAE and then back to Pakistan still cheaper than Pakistan can produce (whether due to Pak inefficiencies, Indian subsidies or whatever) then Pakistan might well have a problem.

Consider the potential however of a greatly increased market. Especially if the India-Middle East-Europe trade corridor ever gets off the ground. Has the Pakistani economy really done so well with the protectionist policies to date?
True that, it all depends on the terms of FTA.

Am aware that India is criticized for protectionist policies, wasn't aware Pakistan has these too?

Was just checking the trade breakdown, between UAE and Pakistan.

https://oec.world/en/profile/bilateral-country/are/partner/pak

Almost 44% of imports by Pakistan from UAE, is refined petroleum. I wonder if there is any Indian refined petrol being sent via UAE to Pakistan, as this is the product that will be effected more.

What am surprised about is, what is scarp Iron doing at 5% of the imports !!!! Wonder what do they do with it.

I agree if that works out as planned, the market will explode.

What do we export to UAE?
We already sold all best PIA routes to their airline and buy oil, now labor era is over. Basically balance of trade is fully in GCC and Saudi favor. Or Pakistan setup oil refinery in Pakistan and ask GCC and Saudi to buy refined products from Pakistan. Otherwise Pakistan has big importer Iran and Central Asia for all type of cotton, rice and vegetables etc . Best barter trade.

Irrelevant...

The main purpose behind the FTA is the unrestricted dumping of Indian products into Pakistani market through Dubai. It's already been happening for a number of years, but now it will be with full gusto and part of the overall concession/appeasement/surrender package sepoys have submitted to vis-a-vis their regional hindutva bosses...
When you were taking the loans and aids from UAE, you should have known that it was given on behalf of India and India will take something in return too. UAE is 50% Indian - population wise, policy wise, real estate wise and money wise.

We should also do FTA with Afghanistan and Iran so that we get cheap oil and fruits and vegetables and also export our items to these countries.

Mainly rice, bovine carcasses and half carcasses, men's/boys' cotton ensembles, guavas, and mangoes.

Of course, as an aside, in practice, depending on the exact FTAs you sign, you are also FTAing with all the other countries with which that country has FTAs. 😀

India is signing an FTA with GCC.

Indirectly Pakistan is signing this FTA with India.

Here comes all the dark skinned Dravidian rape products sh*tting yet again on another non Hindu bindu related post.

It’s laughable that bindus think they have have that much pull in UAE.

Bindus smelly Ganges River sh^t smelling, dirty sh*t skin color having with cum lines across foreheads d*thead motherf^ckers.

we can export the locally made cars and bikes, as they are too expensive for locals now.
and UAE wants a Pakistan made bike? FTA should be based on what Pakistan can trade - people and labor (high end and low end). that FTA should include a proposal to ensure more visas for our population to get jobs in the UAE.

When you were taking the loans and aids from UAE, you should have known that it was given on behalf of India and India will take something in return too. UAE is 50% Indian - population wise, policy wise, real estate wise and money wise.
You are nothing but arab coollies who can be easily replaced by the next comer and you will still buy their oil...

Slow&Steady Generals dream to create a cucumber empire coming alive, Army will grow cucumbers and navy will use warships to transport these to UAE earning $40 Billion per year, yes we will eradicate poor people from Pakistan!

We will be exporting slice cucumbers with chat Masala on them to India Via Dubai That should earn us the $160billion per year, So all those asking where is the $ 200 billion dollars coming from should sleep easy 😉 ISI got your back...Since I have broken this secret plan I should go in hiding. I don't want Vigo at my front door.

We don't have much to import from UAE except petroleum products do we?

What do we get from that? I mean those who made the deal. How do they benefit?

We already are a dump for Chinese products.
Bhai jaan, they benefit in the same way when Pakistan pulled out of the formal objection (which had a lot of support at the time) against India's entry into nuclear suppliers group. The whole d@mn establishment is on the take...

Slow&Steady Generals dream to create a cucumber empire coming alive, Army will grow cucumbers and navy will use warships to transport these to UAE earning $40 Billion per year, yes we will eradicate poor people from Pakistan!

We will be exporting slice cucumbers with chat Masala on them to India Via Dubai That should earn us the $160billion per year, So all those asking where is the $ 200 billion dollars coming from should sleep easy 😉 ISI got your back...Since I have broken this secret plan I should go in hiding. I don't want Vigo at my front door.
Chutiyays will be earning just $40 a year in cucumber sales and only thing of note they will be exporting will be dollars that overseas Pakistani idiots send home...

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom