What's new

Since Earliest Historical Times Hinduism Was Never Popular in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how many times I should say. Islam is not a religion. Its just a imperial force. if its about religion it would have talked only of relation between man and god. not some bs about how you can loot your captive once you win a war and how you can hide your religious idelntitiy and strike when you have the upper hand.

Well, if Hinduism is a way of life, why can't Islam be so? If one starts to appraise the conduct of Hindu Gods as written in the Puranas, they don't come across as divine either. Tales of adultery and cheating abound in these texts with the perpetrators almost always being Gods. I guess you haven't read the Manusmriti. Go through it once. You'll be shocked by the level of rules prescribed for Hindus to follow too. In fact the brahmins practising untouchability & purity rituals at the sight of a 'Chandala' were simply following this text!

Well, if Hinduism is a way of life, why can't Islam be so? If one starts to appraise the conduct of Hindu Gods as written in the Puranas, they don't come across as divine either. Tales of adultery and cheating abound in these texts with the perpetrators almost always being Gods. I guess you haven't read the Manusmriti. Go through it once. You'll be shocked by the level of rules prescribed for Hindus to follow too. In fact the brahmins practising untouchability & purity rituals at the sight of a 'Chandala' were simply following this text!
but the point is hindus have changed and Hinduism is not a religion like you said.
islam is way of life and so not a religion.
also not all hindus claim manusmriti as their manual. but all muslims claim quran and hadith to be their manual.

So do yours - but lets please discuss history here.
there is not justification to plunder . in fact there is no religion called hinduism

No they aren't. The etymological roots of both Shiva and Shakti are Sanskritic.
Lol..... Took horse to a pond, but can't make it drink water... Repeat what you said 1 million times and let us see whether what you said becomes true. Let the scholars be damned...

but the point is hindus have changed and Hinduism is not a religion like you said.
also not all hindus claim manusmriti as their manual. but all muslims claim quran and hadith to be their manual.

there is not justification to plunder . in fact there is no religion called hinduism

I agree that there is no justification to plunder. I think that there is a massive effort underway by a large faction of Hindus in India and abroad, in our contemporary era, to universalize Hinduism as a unitary religious entity.

@Thirdfront,

Malati J. Shendge, in his book, “The Civilized Demons: The Harappans in Rigveda,” Abhinav Publications, 2003, states that the claims about Lothal basin to be a Dockyard are at this stage rather doubtful unless some more evidence is unearthed to reinforce them. Which means that he does not believe that Lothal was an IVC port.

View attachment 11119
In that case, IVC ports have not been discovered. Still wouldn't make Megarah same as Meluah....

I never said Hinduism or Islam aren't religions! Hinduism and Islam are both religions AND a means to lead a certain way of life.
If Hinduism and Christianity have changed much today, it's because the men who interpret these religious texts today have largely toned down into moderate religions. Islam's tragedy is that their most virulent preachers have managed to attract some powerful people and continue to attract large audiences.
If a Hindu religious preacher with a large following started preaching that as per the Bhagwad Gita, a Dharma Yuddha is legitimate against your enemies, how different would it be from Islam's call to Jihad?

Lord Shiva is not mentioned anywhere in the primary Hindu scripture Rig Veda or any of the other Vedas, irrespective of assimilating Rudra. The era which I am referring to Shaivism was a separate religion and was proclaimed as a monotheistic practice. And therefore the practice was not even part of Sanatana Dharma as well. Later Hinduism includes all and every religion in its fold without even asking those who practice it - Sikhism, Jainis, Buddhism are a few to be mentioned. And I would not discuss about those who do not believe that Hinduism is a religion, if at all, inspite of the contemporary efforts to proclaim it as one.

You may want to use any amount of expletives that you may.

No it has not. Instead it is revealing varied aspects which I have not read in any of the similar previous threads on this forum.

Link please or you pulled this one too from thin air. There is no evidence that the era you were mentioning had any religion other than vedic. All evidence is to the contrary.

In that case, IVC ports have not been discovered. Still wouldn't make Megarah same as Meluah....

Nope. The three trading outposts from where ocean going trade routes were utilized along Sindh and Balochistan coasts were trading ports and were archeologically identified as such. Even your favourite wiki states that.

Indus Valley Civilization was known as Meluhha and is identified as such by majority of famous archeologists and historians. I posted a link for your information as well.

Lol..... Took horse to a pond, but can't make it drink water... Repeat what you said 1 million times and let us see whether what you said becomes true. Let the scholars be damned...

Please provide a source which says the words Shiva and Shakti have roots from a Dravidian language. Of course, you'll continue saying no proof can be given for such contentions. Yeah, damn those who found no temples, no shrines nor any Religious Texts in 30 odd IVC cities/towns!

I never said Hinduism or Islam aren't religions! Hinduism and Islam are both religions AND a means to lead a certain way of life.
If Hinduism and Christianity have changed much today, it's because the men who interpret these religious texts today have largely toned down into moderate religions. Islam's tragedy is that their most virulent preachers have managed to attract some powerful people and continue to attract large audiences.
If a Hindu religious preacher with a large following started preaching that as per the Bhagwad Gita, a Dharma Yuddha is legitimate against your enemies, how different would it be from Islam's call to Jihad?

Interestingly, the most pacifist and peaceful religion Buddhism also believes the same. It is mentioned in Kala Tantra.

Link please or you pulled this one too from thin air. There is no evidence that the era you were mentioning had any religion other than vedic. All evidence is to the contrary.

hmmmm ............ however, there are many who lay down clear distinction between Vedism and Hinduism.

Interestingly, the most pacifist and peaceful religion Buddhism also believes the same. It is mentioned in Kala Tantra.

hmmmm ............ however, there are many who lay down clear distinction between Vedism and Hinduism.
I'm not familiar with Kala Tantra. The context of Dharma Yuddha is cited in the Mahabharata, expanded in the Bhagawad Gita, and ultimately traces it's source to texts known as Dharmashastras.

There are certain aspects which are similarly stated in the Christianity's old testament as well.

I'm not familiar with Kala Tantra. The context of Dharma Yuddha is cited in the Mahabharata, expanded in the Bhagawad Gita, and ultimately traces it's source to texts known as Dharmashastras.

The concept of a religious war has been indicated in Buddhist scripture Kala tantra also. Most religions therefore do highlight this aspect.

Though I can provide you with a link, however in the absence of Hinduism being conceptually identified as a non-religion by many of you gentlemen, Shaivism automatically becomes a separate religion. Its antecedents as a monotheistic format has been discussed previously as well.

Last edited:
There are certain aspects which are similarly stated in the Christianity's old testament as well.

The concept of a religious war has been indicated in Buddhist scripture Kala tantra also. Most religions therefore do highlight this aspect.

Though I can provide you with a link, however in the absence of Hinduism being conceptually identified as a non-religion by many of you gentlemen, Shaivism automatically becomes a separate religion. Its antecedents as a monotheistic format has been discussed previously as well.

see in hindu scripture the wars (assume you refer to the mahabharatha) were philosophical with a worldy setting/context. victory of good over evil.
in islam jihad is a war of believers and non believers. vast difference. you can be a crooked muslim despot killing nonbelievers but Islam absolves you of any crime. todays jihad is just crime and terror and evil.

Please provide a source which says the words Shiva and Shakti have roots from a Dravidian language. Of course, you'll continue saying no proof can be given for such contentions. Yeah, damn those who found no temples, no shrines nor any Religious Texts in 30 odd IVC cities/towns!
I have given you umpteen sources. Last time: "http://w.harappa.com/script/Parpola-2010-Coimbatore.pdf" - page 21. It is just one of many references. I am not saying proto-Shiva was worshiped in temples, it is possible but positive identification hasn't happened. This is not the only way of proving it though....

What is this, new term by you.. Shaivism is entirely within vedic structure.

What is that????Shaivism automatically becomes new religion???? Spilled coffee on the keyboard. If it can't be repaired, I will send you a bill....... ha ha ha ha .......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom