What's new

Singapore Is Ready Anytime For Non-Chinese PM: Tharman Says S’poreans Today Look Beyond Race

Do not underestimate the power of Western Media Propaganda and Brainwashing. We grew up thinking our Western Media controlled China Hating media was Independent.

Is this another example of the mysterious powers of complete mind control those "evil white" Westerners have over East Asian people again or something?

I guess not, if not Indian, maybe Malay.

ah yes here we go with the usual Chinese PDF tactic of name calling...the usual "any nail that sticks out should be actively dismissed as an outsider since our CCP Borg Collective has no dissension".

Last edited:
Is this another example of the mysterious powers of complete mind control those "evil white" Westerners have over East Asian people again or something?

ah yes here we go with the usual Chinese PDF tactic of name calling...the usual "any nail that sticks out should be actively dismissed as an outsider since our CCP Borg Collective has no dissension".
It is not mysterious.
If you look at the bottom of international news articles, it will state AP, Reuters et al, all predicting doomsday for China or China is evil and a bully.
Luckily more people are seeing through the lies of the hegemon whose motto is "WE LIED, WE CHEAT, WE STOLE".

Those BRAINWASHED IDIOTIC Hong Kong rioters till today still holding vigil for Tiananmen Massacre where the PLA were supposed to have gunned down peaceful students and ran over them with tanks.
So many journalists were there and yet NOT A SINGLE PICTURE except that of a doctored video showing how a tank commander took pains to avoid running down 1 clown, known as the "tankman".

https://www.workers.org/2022/06/64607/

1989: Tiananmen Square ‘massacre’ was a myth​

By Deirdre Griswold posted on June 3, 2022

The article below was first published June 29, 2011, following a release from WikiLeaks confirming that U.S. media claims of a “massacre” in Tiananmen Square in Beijing in 1989 were false.
WikiLeaks censored
Only one major Western newspaper has published the WikiLeaks cables
. That was the Telegraph of London on June 4 of this year, exactly 22 years after the Chinese government called out the troops in Beijing.

Two cables dated July 7, 1989 — more than a month after the fighting — related the following:

“A Chilean diplomat provides an eyewitness account of the soldiers entering Tiananmen Square: He watched the military enter the square and did not observe any mass firing of weapons into the crowds, although sporadic gunfire was heard. He said that most of the troops which entered the square were actually armed only with anti-riot gear — truncheons and wooden clubs; they were backed up by armed soldiers.”

A following cable stated: “A Chilean diplomat provides an eyewitness account of the soldiers entering Tiananmen Square: Although gunfire could be heard, he said that apart from some beating of students, there was no mass firing into the crowd of students at the monument.”

It is not mysterious.
If you look at the bottom of international news articles, it will state AP, Reuters et al, all predicting doomsday for China or China is evil and a bully.

Even if that was true there is no requirement that Singapore media pick up the story.

The only reason they would is if they feel their readership was interested in it.

What you fail to comprehend is THOUSANDS of articles are probably submitted to Reuters daily.

Singapore media has editors that scour through all the titles and pick the ones they feel would interest their viewers.

How often do you see daily articles from Honduras or Comoros on Singapore media sites? It's not like they have no news to submit to Reuters. It's just Singapore ignores them all 99.99% of the time.

Last edited:
Even if that was true there is no requirement that Singapore media pick up the story.

The only reason they would is if they feel their readership was interested in it.

What you fail to comprehend is THOUSANDS of articles are probably submitted to Reuters daily.

Singapore media has editors that scour through all the titles and pick the ones they feel would interest their viewers.

How often do you see daily articles from Honduras or Comoros on Singapore media sites? It's not like they have no news to submit to Reuters. It's just Singapore ignores them all 99.99% of the time.
You are quite silly.
Whereas do you think we get our international news?
International news is mostly monopolized by Western media, primarily US, or is it CIA, controlled media.

Noticed I only mentioned "international news", because our tiny nation(and others without extensive international news coverage) can only do local news and maybe the few other countries that we can afford to have correspondents stationed like China.
Even then, I suspect our "Channel News Asia" is controlled by US interest because of the ridiculously China Hate biased reporting. They were using "Spy Balloons" and only recently they are using "Alleged Spy Balloons" following the cue from their masters. Many instances where the anchors used China Hate snide remarks riled me and made me change channels. Better to watch China drama serials.

I understand our media had to regurgitate contracted articles verbatim and therefore all that Brainwashing China Hate poisoning our youth, or no international news.
I believe only Russia RT had an independent international presence with a different perspective and therefore they are sanctioned.

I really am surprised you are this naive, or maybe you thought we are.
Your logic is, don't like the US, don't use the US dollar.
China is trying to do that, we cannot.

Last edited:
International news is mostly monopolized by Western media, primarily US, or is it CIA, controlled media.

Reporting of International news is mostly monopolized by Western media because nobody else is bothering to do it...especially Asia..likely because they really don't give a sh*t about what happens in the world...but fake they do.

If something happens in the smallest corner of the world who do you think is going to know about it first? Western media or the mighty Eastern media who "cares"?

Plus this falls into the category of keeping people informed about even the smallest story. This is to avoid a Government censoring what the people can know just to make the regime look good. Something not exactly encouraged in much of Asia.

Last edited:
You are quite silly.
Whereas do you think we get our international news?

Noticed I only mentioned "international news", because our tiny nation(and others without extensive international news coverage) can only do local news and maybe the few other countries that we can afford to have correspondents stationed like China.
Even then, I suspect our "Channel News Asia" is controlled by US interest because of the ridiculously China Hate biased reporting. They were using "Spy Balloons" and only recently they are using "Alleged Spy Balloons" following the cue from their masters. Many instances where the anchors used China Hate snide remarks riled me and made me change channels. Better to watch China drama serials.

I understand our media had to regurgitate contracted articles verbatim and therefore all that Brainwashing China Hate poisoning our youth, or no international news.
I believe only Russia RT had an independent international presence with a different perspective and therefore they are sanctioned.

I really am surprised you are this naive, or maybe you thought we are.
Your logic is, don't like the US, don't use the US dollar.
China is trying to do that, we cannot.
u should start ur own news company

Singapore Is Ready Anytime For Non-Chinese PM: Tharman Says S’poreans Today Look Beyond Race​

By The Must Share News Team - 26 Aug 2023, 12:22 pm

MSN-Featured-36.png

Mr Tharman said Singaporeans today now look at candidates "in totality", beyond just race.

Tharman Says Singapore Is Ready Anytime For A Non-Chinese PM

In Singapore, where there’s a racial quota in politics, race may be a factor voters consider when making their choice. But they often have other considerations too.

At least that’s how presidential candidate Tharman Shanmugaratnam believes Singaporeans today are choosing their leaders.

The former Senior Minister feels that Singaporeans today look at political candidates “in totality”, beyond just their race.

At a town hall on Friday (25 Aug) as part of his election campaign, Mr Tharman went on stage in front of attendees at Pasir Panjang Power Station to take on both light-hearted questions and more serious ones.

One of the questions raised was, “How will we know when Singapore is ready for a non-Chinese PM?”

Mr Tharman’s response to this familiar question was surprisingly direct:

Singaporeans look at candidates ‘in totality’ beyond just race

Elaborating on his response, the former Deputy PM acknowledged that race is a factor everywhere in the world but is not the sole consideration.

Closer to home, Mr Tharman said Singaporeans today consider other factors compared to voters from 40 to 50 years ago.

Apart from race, he believes that they look at candidates “in totality”, including attributes like a candidate’s capabilities, courage, character, and contributions.

“Race might be always lurking [in the back of] people’s minds, but it’s not the only issue”, he said.

Ending his response, Mr Tharman said that if a “superior candidate” for the Prime Minister’s Office comes along, they can be made a PM. And that, in his view, is a hallmark of progress in a society.

I have big respect for Singapore. The oil sheiks are the smartest guys in the room. GDP per capita make Japanese, Germans to shame.

About race, Singapore is a multiethnic country. There is no problem at all between races. Well, the leader of Singapore is traditionally Chinese ethnic however that is because of fear Singapore would become a Malay colony. But that’s past. Time to move on.

I have been frequently to Singapore. The first time I was surprised to see head scarf officers at Changi airport, lots of Malay, Indian ethnics. but now no more surprise. If Singapore Chinese fear of Malay or Indian invasion then they can invite more Vietnamese into the country.

u should start ur own news company
haha, and have correspondents and journalist stationed all over the world.
Even if I have the $, we don't have the clout.
We must have the political connections to even be allowed to station our personnel or engage the locals to work for us.
You should ask @Hamartia Antidote, it is not a problem for her.

Journalist is dangerous job in many places, unless protected by big brother the Hegemon where a Pinay journalist even gets a Nobel Peace Prize. For those working in countries that are strong US allies like Saudi Arabia, they get a coffin.

I have big respect for Singapore. The oil sheiks are the smartest guys in the room. GDP per capita make Japanese, Germans to shame.

About race, Singapore is a multiethnic country. There is no problem at all between races. Well, the leader of Singapore is traditionally Chinese ethnic however that is because of fear Singapore would become a Malay colony. But that’s past. Time to move on.

I have been frequently to Singapore. The first time I was surprised to see head scarf officers at Changi airport, lots of Malay, Indian ethnics. but now no more surprise. If Singapore Chinese fear of Malay or Indian invasion then they can invite more Vietnamese into the country.
Not really no problem at all, but we are coping better than most others.
Still working hard at it.

"
All along, the Chinese-educated Singaporeans have remained silent about their plight, recognising the sacrifices they had to make for the greater good. The accusation of “Chinese privilege” therefore, lead many to speak up as old wounds reopened. "

Not really no problem at all, but we are coping better than most others.
Still working hard at it.

"
All along, the Chinese-educated Singaporeans have remained silent about their plight, recognising the sacrifices they had to make for the greater good. The accusation of “Chinese privilege” therefore, lead many to speak up as old wounds reopened. "
Chinese ethnicity birth rate is much lower so will decrease gradually while Malay, India will increase. Having Singapore PM from Malay or India coming. However no worry my friend, I don’t think you will go down extinct like dinosaurs Koreans and Japanese.

It means that even when we don't agree, we don't go around and demean our folks or kind in public. In other words, we don't wash our dirty linen in public.
You don't like your mom, but not likely you will go tell everyone your mom is a prostitute.

So logic goes that it is not normal for a "NORMAL" Chinese(not mentally challenged) to keep on smearing China, land of their ancestors, on a international public forum and join sides with CHINA HATING adversaries in their war of words. I would expect them to remain at the sidelines, swearing in silence.

Mind you, I am sometimes a target of hate because of something Singapore did, but I keep restrained, not to add to the glee of those who wish us ill.

We have had many cases of non-Chinese masquerading as Chinese to stoke racial hatred online. It is not surprising as many Singaporean Malays and Indians study Chinese at school to avail themselves to more job opportunities.

Chinese ethnicity birth rate is much lower so will decrease gradually while Malay, India will increase. Having Singapore PM from Malay or India coming. However no worry my friend, I don’t think you will go down extinct like dinosaurs Koreans and Japanese.
As I have half North and half South Chinese DNA("Yue or Cantonese"), we should be sharing some DNA, haha.

It means that even when we don't agree, we don't go around and demean our folks or kind in public. In other words, we don't wash our dirty linen in public.

yes, this is why Chinese media isn't trusted to tell the whole story on things. They hide anything (including Uighur stuff) from being told that is negative.

If anything does slip out the reaction will be to hit the messenger hard with every possible smoke screen to tangent the conversation away.

Then you wonder why Western media is dominant in Singapore. 🤔

Last edited:
yes, this is why Chinese media isn't trusted to tell the whole story on things. They hide anything (including Uighur stuff) from being told that is negative.

If anything does slip out the reaction will be to hit the messenger hard with every possible smoke screen to tangent the conversation away.
It is not important whether the Chinese don't tell the whole story.
Ask Assange if the US would like him to tell the whole story from the US

If Western media wants to accuse China of misdeeds, they will need to provide more proof than satellite pictures of empty compounds and the testimony of liars .

I better trust Chinese media than Western media whose motto is "WE LIED, WE CHEAT, WE STOLE".

" We lied, we cheated, we stole. We had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." -- Mike Pompeo

Last edited:
Singaporean Chinese are victim of Malay and Indian racism and they are very naive due to PAP brainwash. Chinese is now Baizuo. Lee Kuan Yew has sold Singapore shamelessly to white man and Indians like the most shameless whore.

Future of Singapore is bad. China need to bail out Singapore.

These days there are so many Hindus racism against Singaporean Chinese with the support of PAP government. While Hindus caste system and racism is now being at least openly discuss in USA, in Singapore, government will just shame the Singaporeans as loser, stupid and lazy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom