What's new

Singapore nurse accused of abusing a Stray Cat at Bali resort; is investigated by Indonesian police

Indos

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

S’pore nurse accused of stealing, strangling kitten at Bali resort; local police investigating​

photo2023-06-1617-19-55_3.jpg

The kitten was found dead with a cable tie around its neck after it was taken from the resort's office on June 5, 2023. PHOTO: UTAMA VILLA TULAMBEN

Ian Cheng and Judith Tan
UPDATED

JUN 16, 2023, 10:27 PM SGT

FacebookTwitter

SINGAPORE – Indonesian police are investigating the alleged killing of a kitten by a Singapore-registered nurse at a dive resort in Bali during his stay in June.

A spokesman for the Utama Villa Tulamben resort confirmed with The Straits Times that the 31-year-old man is now being investigated by Indonesian police for trespassing, theft and animal cruelty after the resort lodged a report on June 6.

It has also contacted the authorities in Singapore regarding the case.

According to a Facebook post by the resort on Thursday, a six-week-old kitten named Monkey was found dead on June 6.

“She had been callously thrown over our resort’s boundary wall in a yellow Prime Supermarket plastic bag, with a cable tie tightened around her neck, suggesting strangulation. This senseless act of cruelty has left us devastated,” the post said.

The resort also separately told ST that Prime Supermarket, where the plastic bag was from, does not operate in Indonesia.

Established in 1984, Prime Supermarket is one of Singapore’s pioneer local supermarket chains. It started with five mini-mart outlets and now has 24 outlets across the island. There is no mention on its website that it operates in other countries.

The man and his companion at the resort were identified by the resort as registered nurses in Singapore, with the man having worked in several healthcare institutions here.

According to the spokesman for the villa, the man works at Sengkang General Hospital (SKH). But the hospital responded in a Facebook post on Thursday, saying that it “takes a serious view of this incident” and that the man in question “is no longer employed at SKH since February 2020”.

“We have also informed the Singapore Nursing Board regarding this inaccurate information. The records have since been corrected,” it added.

A check by ST found that he is not a nurse at any of the other public hospitals under the three healthcare clusters.

The man is also reportedly accredited by several diving organisations as a divemaster, according to information he submitted to the resort before his stay. A divemaster typically assists instructors with classes and leads certified divers on diving trips, according to the Professional Association of Diving Instructors website.

The resort’s dive guide also noted “troubling accounts of his misconduct underwater” during a dive trip the man and his companion embarked on with a group of guests who did not know the duo.

Hands20in20window20to20scoop20Monkey_3.jpg

The Straits Times has contacted the diving organisations the man is linked to for more information.

Accompanying the Facebook post, the Utama Villa Tulamben resort identified the man and his companion by linking more than 50 videos from security camera footage across the resort’s 12 cameras, as well as several images of the duo and screengrabs of their particulars.

The resort alleged that its security footage showed the man repeatedly visiting its office several times past midnight on June 5 looking for the kitten.

Following this, at about 10.30am the same day, the man appeared to “forcefully” take the kitten through an office window that he opened, taking it back to his room.

@jamahir

Last edited:
Stray Cat is basically every where in Jakarta, seeing stray cat entering public offices like Police Office calmly is usual thing in here. That cat is basically stray cat, not belonging to any one. People who own cat in Indonesia mostly own cat like Persian cats, not this stray cat that can be seen every where.

If you go to Jakarta for example, you will be hardly see any dog but will see lot of stray cat. I would say there is even no stray dog in Jakarta.

This case is the representation of our law enforcement, not only the people are protected but also the animals like stray cat who actually dont belong to any one.

Last edited:

Shooting Cats at Armed Force School, Brigadier General NA Charged with Layered Articles​

The shooting of cats in Sesko TNI had shocked cyberspace. A viral video shows the discovery of a cat carcass in the Sesko TNI area, Bandung, West Java.

Solo-

Kamis, 18 Agu 2022 17:31 WIB

The perpetrator of shooting cats until injured and dead at the TNI Sesko, Brigadier General NA, will be prosecuted. The high-ranking TNI officer will be charged with layered articles.

"Furthermore, the TNI Legal Team will follow up on the legal process of Brigadier General TNI NA," said Head of the TNI Information Center Maj. Gen. Prantara Santosa in a written statement, reported by detikNews, Thursday (18/8/2022).

Prantara explained that Brigadier General NA was threatened by Article 66 of Law Number 18 of 2009 concerning Livestock and Animal Health. Also Article 66A, Article 91B of Law Number 41 of 2014 concerning Amendments to Law Number 18 of 2009 concerning Livestock and Animal Health.

For information, TNI Commander General Andika Perkasa ordered his staff to investigate the shooting of cats in Sesko TNI, Bandung, West Java. Finally it was revealed who the perpetrator of the shooting was a one-star TNI general.

"Following up on the order of the TNI Commander General Andika Perkasa yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, August 17, 2022) to investigate the alleged mistreatment of several cats in the Sesko TNI neighborhood, Bandung, last night the TNI Sesko Commander and the TNI Legal Team confirmed that Brigadier General TNI NA (an organic member of Sesko TNI) had shot several cats," explained Prantara.

Prantara said Brigadier General NA shot the cats with his air rifle. The shooting was carried out on Tuesday (16/8) afternoon.

"Using a privately owned air rifle on Tuesday afternoon yesterday (August 16, 2022), around 13:00 p.m.," he said.

It stated the reason why the perpetrator shot the cats.

"Based on his confession, Brigadier General TNI NA carried out this action with the intention of maintaining cleanliness & comfort in the residence/dining area of Student Officer Sesko TNI from the many stray cats," explained Prantara.

Prantara made sure the shooting of the cats was not out of hatred.
"And not out of hatred for cats."

The law should only protect rare animals, not all animals. Abusing cats should only be condemned at the moral level, not through legal means.

The law should only protect rare animals, not all animals. Abusing cats should only be condemned at the moral level, not through legal means.
It is criminal... perhaps, he is a psychopath who cannot do such things in Singapore but here.

That's perfect for the Chinese wet markets isn't it?

Btw nowhere in SE Asia is common for killing domesticated and wild animals like China, I haven't seen a single wet market or dog cat meat in Indonesia, singapore or in Malaysia, it's just a weird Chinese culture of eating anything that walks or not.

Cat has strong connection with Muslim as the prophet best pet, so abusing cat in Indonesia will likely get punishment

No body will punish you if you killed mice or wild snake in here.

Bali is majority Hindu, but the police working there are majority Muslim and many Muslims live in Bali as well.

S’pore nurse accused of stealing, strangling kitten at Bali resort; local police investigating​

photo2023-06-1617-19-55_3.jpg

The kitten was found dead with a cable tie around its neck after it was taken from the resort's office on June 5, 2023. PHOTO: UTAMA VILLA TULAMBEN

Ian Cheng and Judith Tan
UPDATED

JUN 16, 2023, 10:27 PM SGT

FacebookTwitter

SINGAPORE – Indonesian police are investigating the alleged killing of a kitten by a Singapore-registered nurse at a dive resort in Bali during his stay in June.

A spokesman for the Utama Villa Tulamben resort confirmed with The Straits Times that the 31-year-old man is now being investigated by Indonesian police for trespassing, theft and animal cruelty after the resort lodged a report on June 6.

It has also contacted the authorities in Singapore regarding the case.

According to a Facebook post by the resort on Thursday, a six-week-old kitten named Monkey was found dead on June 6.

“She had been callously thrown over our resort’s boundary wall in a yellow Prime Supermarket plastic bag, with a cable tie tightened around her neck, suggesting strangulation. This senseless act of cruelty has left us devastated,” the post said.

The resort also separately told ST that Prime Supermarket, where the plastic bag was from, does not operate in Indonesia.

Established in 1984, Prime Supermarket is one of Singapore’s pioneer local supermarket chains. It started with five mini-mart outlets and now has 24 outlets across the island. There is no mention on its website that it operates in other countries.

The man and his companion at the resort were identified by the resort as registered nurses in Singapore, with the man having worked in several healthcare institutions here.

According to the spokesman for the villa, the man works at Sengkang General Hospital (SKH). But the hospital responded in a Facebook post on Thursday, saying that it “takes a serious view of this incident” and that the man in question “is no longer employed at SKH since February 2020”.

“We have also informed the Singapore Nursing Board regarding this inaccurate information. The records have since been corrected,” it added.

A check by ST found that he is not a nurse at any of the other public hospitals under the three healthcare clusters.

The man is also reportedly accredited by several diving organisations as a divemaster, according to information he submitted to the resort before his stay. A divemaster typically assists instructors with classes and leads certified divers on diving trips, according to the Professional Association of Diving Instructors website.

The resort’s dive guide also noted “troubling accounts of his misconduct underwater” during a dive trip the man and his companion embarked on with a group of guests who did not know the duo.

Hands20in20window20to20scoop20Monkey_3.jpg

The Straits Times has contacted the diving organisations the man is linked to for more information.

Accompanying the Facebook post, the Utama Villa Tulamben resort identified the man and his companion by linking more than 50 videos from security camera footage across the resort’s 12 cameras, as well as several images of the duo and screengrabs of their particulars.

The resort alleged that its security footage showed the man repeatedly visiting its office several times past midnight on June 5 looking for the kitten.

Following this, at about 10.30am the same day, the man appeared to “forcefully” take the kitten through an office window that he opened, taking it back to his room.

@jamahir
Serial killers and murderers start off by practicing their “skills” on animals. So good on the police for investigating this as their person is in a position of responsibility and could easily go onto injecting innocent people with hod knows what.

It is criminal... perhaps, he is a psychopath who cannot do such things in Singapore but here.
Singapore is not Muslim country, maybe he has done many there and surprised to get punishment when doing in Indonesia as foreign tourist.

That's perfect for the Chinese wet markets isn't it?

Btw nowhere in SE Asia is common for killing domesticated and wild animals like China, I haven't seen a single wet market or dog cat meat in Indonesia, singapore or in Malaysia, it's just a weird Chinese culture of eating anything that walks or not.
We are more willing to use resources to protect our people. That's why the Chinese are so united and powerful, while you Indians are like a ball of sand that cannot be aggregated.

Singapore is not Muslim country, maybe he has done many there and surprised to get punishment when doing in Indonesia as foreign tourist.
So cats involve religion? Sorry, plz forgive my remarks, I am not familiar with Islam enough.

So cats involve religion? Sorry, plz forgive my remarks, I am not familiar with Islam enough.
If you go inside any Mosque in Indonesia, you will see people let the cat inside the mosque. Strangely, I never see any cat pee or dump their sit inside Mosque since I was born until now, very interesting phenomenon.

During Friday prayer when Muslim men are packed inside Mosque, you will likely see Cat walking through us and no one bother them. We know cat is prophet best pet and the loves to our prophet will affect anything that our prophet love as well.

We are more willing to use resources to protect our people. That's why the Chinese are so united and powerful, while you Indians are like a ball of sand that cannot be aggregated.

I know it's hard to understand for deep in the well Chinese like you, I can understand very well why how and you got so much people, that pay good money to eat other Chinese fetuses.

Explain for a simpleton like me..., how paying to eat your
"united and powerful neighbors"
Child fetus is ok?

Last edited:
Strangely, I never see any cat pee or dump their sit inside Mosque since I was born until now, very interesting phenomenon.
That is precisely why you can pray where the cat is, cats take a dump and pee outside by digging sand or dirt and then covering it - they even smell it and cover it with more sand - quite a clean animal if you ask me

That is precisely why you can pray where the cat is, cats take a dump and pee outside by digging sand or dirt and then covering it - they even smell it and cover it with more sand - quite a clean animal if you ask me
Let me put in words what you don't have the guts to spill out loud, your kind of people don't like dogs isn't that the point you weak *** people try to makeover and over again?

Btw he is a commie bot, he doesn't gaf about cats or dogs being clean or cleaning their shyt after them, all they see is cheap meat to eat.

I know it, but male cat like tigers like to pee here and there to show his territory but I never see a single cat do it in any Mosque within my life.

Strange I would say as we know cat is territorial animal.

Back
Top Bottom