What's new

Sinking of INS Khukri

Mulla was an idiot.
The first thing to remember is that no maritime tradition ever said a captain goes down with the ship. It's only that the captain shouldn't abandon the ship until everyone else who can be saved, is saved. I suppose he rehabilitated his reputation in Indian popular mythology by committing suicide, but steaming slowly into submarine territory with a sonar that is far inferior to your enemy's isn't either smart or forgivable. He deserved to drown.
The whole Khukri sinking was a disgrace. Khukri and Kirpan, museum pieces both, ought never under any circumstances to have been sent into battle anyway.

If u hav nothing better to say for a brave departed Mil soul, the least u can do is keep ur views to ur bloody self.

To add to what is written abt Col Thapar, I meet him often on way to work. I often tank up at his petrol pump ( given in memory of his son), chat with him once a while , mentally salute the pic of the young Thapar so proudly displayed and move on. Someday I will try & send some pics too.

By the way, ppl come from far & wide to this pump coz the fuel here is entirely unadulterated.

Back
Top Bottom