What's new

Slumdog Millionaire wins 8 Oscars

Status
Not open for further replies.
They coulkd have used Pakistani actors / actresses as well. Why didnt they. Infact even when they made a film based in Pakistan ' A Mighty heart', they gave Irfan Khan a chance and shot it in India. I wonder why?

Well it was based on India, they could have used pakistani actor, it still would not change the fact that the movie was based on india, and was not an indian movie.

Look, Now let the Pakistanis who hate Indians getting Oscars say what they want, We can ignore them, But I see some Pakistanis Encouraging us also! Isnt that nice? For every Negative person there are 2 postive ones I feel. For every guy going berserk there is a a truly Sane individual to substitute him, and control the balance!

Let anyone say anything they want, We Indians got 3 Well Deserved Oscars, and thats it. We just care for it. Call the movie, British or Filipino, for all we care! Say India is a Slum, Who cares, the Investors certainly dont care! The Indian economy is not having it as bad compared to the other Asian Giant or the the West. We will make it through, We always have, even when a certain Churchill Equated India to the Equator!

Well it was based on India, they could have used pakistani actor, it still would not change the fact that the movie was based on india, and was not an indian movie.
Why did they not Shoot Mighty heart with a Pakistani or Infact in pakistan? Answer.

Read the thread title... I'm discussing things on topic. You're discussing me.

Rubbish, i have better things to do. And you arent discussing the topic. Topic says SD won oscar and you say India has failed in uplifting the poor and blah blah.

I'll even say Pakistan has larger slums. Happy? We're not shrugging our dirt and fooling the world about it.

You cannot even do that, so much is the dirt.

There is no need to beg.

Beg to begger, lol. No I wont do that.

Art has often shone a light upon reality and more often artists have been shunned for exposing that truth.

Art is also about creativity, thought and what not. And not only about reality.

If they just needed Indian Actors then they could have settled with it. Why choose Indian Composer, Why choose Indian Sound Designer, Why choose an Indian Co- Director!

Cheap labour maybe???:cheesy:

anyways you are making a film in india, as for a co-director you have to pick sum 1 local to that area. If the movie is based on india, filmed in india, then why in the world would you use composers from hollywood??

Why did they not Shoot Mighty heart with a Pakistani or Infact in pakistan? Answer.

yes a buch of hollywood actors are gunna go to pakistan and shoot a film in FATA, while there is a battle going on...

Last edited:

But they didnt as there werent any. They chose our actors / actresses, technicians, sound /music engineers, lyricist, crew and we all ended up being a team that won 8 oscars.

And so we rightly claim it along with the other nationalities who were there.

Lets just forget it. Its obvious that Asim and Bezerk here are simply interested in making snide comments about poverty in India, and simply shout out any other points of view.

You didn't reply to ANY of my posts. Even though, there's plenty of them. You'd show up with a one liner, I'd provide you with a reply, and you'd simply ignore it. On your part, you've failed to engage yourself in this discussion and yet you're criticizing me and Asim for making "Snide" comments about poverty in India.

I'm tired of posting in this thread. You people are Impossible.

Cheap labour maybe???:cheesy:

anyways you are making a film in india, as for a co-director you have to pick sum 1 local to that area. If the movie is based on india, filmed in india, then why in the world would you use composers from hollywood??

Why would such a chosen composer go on to beat hollywood composers to the oscars ???

yes a buch of hollywood actors are gunna go to pakistan and shoot a film in FATA, while there is a battle going on...

The movie has lot of things in Karachi and they shot it in Pune. Learn the facts.

Then why use the Sound Designer too who is an Indian? Man come on, Accept it, Our Film Industry is filled with awesome techs. About Co-Director, well who needs a local co-director? For local assistance there can be Liaison people lol Do you know how a movie is made even? lol

More importantly the Mighty Heart, was pretty much a negative portrayal of Pakistan. The kidnapping and execution of Daniel Pearl.

OTOH, Slumdog shows India and Bombay transforming itself. Its a positive message of hope and change for the better.

I hate it when guys who dont know the difference between the latest cameras, and about how movies are made come on and comment on such technical matters. Do you guys know what a camera RED is? Or for that matter do you know what Kinda camera was used to Used to shoot the Action Sequences in The Dark Knight? Now go google and find out! God Speed.

The movie has lot of things in Karachi and they shot it in Pune. Learn the facts.

my bad, and i did post up that i havent seen the film, but i made a valid point, the safety was an issue.

It was filmed in mumbai more than in pune.

Because the Indian slums are way worse then their pakistani counterparts, see Mumbai has a problem of space(area). Karachi, Lahore or Islamabad dont, so our slums are different. They just don't give you the feel that the initial shot gives when the policemen was chasing the kids. The feel of "how could people live in such a contracted space".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom