What's new

Small Manufacturing units in Pakistan.

Rickshaw making

Tez Raftar Built their Quality Auto Rikshaw​

Manufacturing Grasso Compressor Piston

a) shocking to see someone working on so many sharp surfaces/exposed metal with frigging sandles as foot wear.
b) suprised to see such a manual industry surface in the face of competitive pressure from the automation/low cost of manufacturing from China...

Manufacturing Process Of Largest Wood Cutter Machine (Ara)

No automation, no standards (quality or safety), no energy management systems, no industrial engg to make the process efficient and smooth....
imagine what we can achieve if the idiot, set-in-their-ways saiths understand the importance of these things.

also, need more small electronics assembly lines. some are already being operated unofficially, by the types of surmawala etc. who assemble chinese stuff and sell on installments.

technology is introduced on needs basis, once the requirement increase so will efficiency and technology. for making 100 axles a month its not cost effective to use million dollar machines

I am a tad suprised these types of industries can survive in the era of mass automated manufacturing in China/India ... it also shows the backward nature of manufacturing in Pakistan and how they are probably hanging on by their finger nails in being viable companies.

I am a tad suprised these types of industries can survive in the era of mass automated manufacturing in China/India ... it also shows the backward nature of manufacturing in Pakistan and how they are probably hanging on by their finger nails in being viable companies.
In fact to the contrary, these are cottage industries and operate under the radar. Most of them don’t pay taxes, some of them steal electricity and don’t care about copyright or worker safety. They work with very low margins but they are feasible. They are a hedge against inflation and declining value of the Rupee. They keep the country running. In post world war UK, Europe and Japan such shops were very common. In China and even in South Korea you will still find many such small manufacturers. The trick is to identify the best of such entrepreneurs and help them move to the next level. I have seen that happen. Don’t judge them on the standards of advanced industrial countries. They have very valuable role to play in addition to the large scale formal industries. Just look at their skill level. Some of these skills have been lost in highly developed industrial countries. Not that I am against large scale manufacturing, having such small manufacturers have a big role to play in developing deep skill levels and providing employment. What ever they make is also made in large scale industries but they cater to a different segment of the market.

Last edited:

Huge Mass Factory Manufacturing Large Machinery Wheel​

Amazing Process

Back
Top Bottom