What's new

Snow Leopards Found in Pakistan

And what's the reason why Tiger is becoming almost instinct in India. !!!

Extinct Bhai Jaan . Also Tiger population in India is increasing it has been hailed as one of the most sucessful Wildlife Rehabilitation project . Also Your Sweeter than Honey , Deeper than Mariana Trench and Higher than Mt. Everest Friend is Consulting India on Tiger Rehabilitation . :) :P

yes i think this one was kept by nawaz shareef,but then he came under criticism for arranging air conditioning for the leopard and gave it up...
It looks miserable and lonely in some other pics i saw.....

You mean this is the one that was acquired by Hamza. ??
Now it's a big attraction by the Green Retreat Hotel near Murree.
This picture was taken just last week and in some others it looks healthy and active. Obviously the climate makes a difference too.

Actually, the tiger population is now increasing.

PLease keep yourself updated , India is one of the few countries in the world where Tiger population is actually increasing .

India is already home to almost half of World's tiger population .

I was merely going by this just two month old article.!!

Tigers are dwindling in India because poachers have no fear. Divyabhanusinh Chavda, head of the World Wildlife Fund of India, said “These poachers have lost all fear. They just go in and poach what they want because they know the risks are low.” The risk now for poachers is death.
Open Season on Tiger Poachers in India | Ecorazzi

Re: Snow Leopards Found in Pakistan
An excellent video on this subject is available on you tube.

Fools, this thread is about Snow Leopards in Pakistan, not what's happening in some other country. Again the obsessed flock over here and find their way. Just get lost.

GB is Pakistan as well. Who cares if they arent found in south Pakistan. The Bengal Tiger, India's national animal is only found in Bengal and other neighbouring provinces of eastern India. They dont exist in like 80-90% of the rest of the country. Would like to see such a beautiful yet strong creature be our national animal.

Tigers are found in 17-18 states of India out of 28 states. So its wrong saying they are concentrated in just one pocket/region.

Hello Idiot General I think your eye sight is week. This topic is very old Who make you general must be foolish.

Situation is getting way better. Strict actions are taken, and believe me I know the details. Many known poachers are arrested and interrogated. CBI, India's investigation agency has taken few cases in their own hands.

It's only going to get better.. New law permits poachers to be shot on the spot. This will discourage poachers from being adventureous. India is perhaps the only country where you had all the big cats, until Asiatic Cheetah (also called as Indian Cheetah) became extinct. Maybe it's time to bring some Asiatic Cheetah from Iran & start conservation once again...

It's only going to get better.. New law permits poachers to be shot on the spot. This will discourage poachers from being adventureous. India is perhaps the only country where you had all the big cats, until Asiatic Cheetah (also called as Indian Cheetah) became extinct. Maybe it's time to bring some Asiatic Cheetah from Iran & start conservation once again...

I Completely agree to your Point . Lion Conservation at Gir is also great . All we need now is Asiatic Cheetah . Our Snow Leopard population is also getting better .

I Completely agree to your Point . Lion Conservation at Gir is also great . All we need now is Asiatic Cheetah . Our Snow Leopard population is also getting better .

But any kind of wild conservation won't be successfull till we stop encroching forest lands. All these big cats need vast areas to survive since most of them are solitary animals, apart from Lion prides. Maybe govt should work towards rehabilitating villagers living attached to forest lands or stop illegal mining activity at forest lands containing wild animals.

Hello Idiot General I think your eye sight is week. This topic is very old Who make you general must be foolish.

I think you are addressing me with your nonsense. Learn to read before opening your mouth.
The article is merely two months old. !!
BY LINDASTCYR MAY 25, 2012

Its not about new laws, its about enabling them and use of technology. All the tigers are monitored by radio collars and posts within the national parks and sanctuaries keep an eye on them. There is regular counting which is less disturbing to these big cats.

Project Tiger has been a good success story, but there has been time when the tiger population did decreased. The national parks had more resources than sanctuaries, which is being rectified.

Tigers are transferred to these sanctuaries, to give space to increasing number of tigers so that they can have critical territory for their survival and minimum face offs.

Buffer zones are created between these sanctuaries and nearby villages/cities to avoid encroachment by people (mostly villagers) who take their cattle for grazing. This is one of THE major problem we face.

These resources have also resulted in understanding the behavior and adaptation pattern of these cats.

Its not about new laws, its about enabling them and use of technology. All the tigers are monitored by radio collars and posts within the national parks and sanctuaries keep an eye on them. There is regular counting which is less disturbing to these big cats.

Project Tiger has been a good success story, but there has been time when the tiger population did decreased. The national parks had more resources than sanctuaries, which is being rectified.

Tigers are transferred to these sanctuaries, to give space to increasing number of tigers so that they can have critical territory for their survival and minimum face offs.

Buffer zones are created between these sanctuaries and nearby villages/cities to avoid encroachment by people (mostly villagers) who take their cattle for grazing. This is one of THE major problem we face.

These resources have also resulted in understanding the behavior and adaptation pattern of these cats.

Radio collars are used to research wild animals. Mostly to understand their behaviour, daily movements, home range kinda details.

Humans are the biggest threat to these wild animals. Not just poachers... in some parts animals & humans tend to share the same habitat, that's why you have big cat attacks on humans rising in India. Perhaps highest in India than anywhere in the world.

Radio collars are used to research wild animals. Mostly to understand their behaviour, daily movements, home range kinda details.

Humans are the biggest threat these wild animals. Not just poachers... in some parts animals & humans tend to share the same habitat, that's why you have big cat attacks on humans rising in India. Perhaps highest in India than anywhere the world.
that's why strict action are taken to keep the buffer zone intact but it results in frequent clashes between locals and authorities. The cattle are often attacked and sometimes human by tigers such as in Sunderbans where encroachment and health of tiger comes into play. If a tiger is old or injured, it generally attacks the easier target, that's why you see many incidents of man-eating tiger in that areas.

Education of villagers about importance of forest and tigers is one of the measures taken to avoid these incidents.

P.S.- In Sunderbans, when people go out for fishing or hunting, as long as they are on land, they wear mask on back side of their head. It is a notion that tigers attack from the behind,.

Back
Top Bottom