What's new

So, I got an Indian visa, what do you do in Chennai if you have 1 free week?

Paul2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, Foxconnies have finally made their mind for building a cellphone plant in India. Big cuts for engineering consultants familiar with "South Asian specifics..."

I will have a few free weeks to setup myself there before we will go to survey the site.

Timing is tricky, as we also going to Gitex for networking, and sales next week in Dubai.

Travel to nearby places, head to Chikmanglur now or maybe head to the Andamans for a break.

So, Foxconnies have finally made their mind for building a cellphone plant in India. Big cuts for engineering consultants familiar with "South Asian specifics..."

I will have a few free weeks to setup myself there before we will go to survey the site.

Timing is tricky, as we also going to Gitex for networking, and sales next week in Dubai.
Go for Pondicherry ,3 hours drive, very chilled out place with french influence everywhere.

Puddi dya, oh france na chala jaway je unay france dekhna?
France and French Colony are two different experience.

Are you sure it's Tamil Nadu you are surveying? Foxconn already has a big plant in Tamilnadu where they make iPhones. Foxconn had a pending Chip Manufacturing plant site selection in Gujarat. Let me know if your survey include Gujarat. We are eagerly waiting for the chip plant.

Mahabalipuram is worth a visit. Magnificent site with remains of an ancient city. Few structures are preserved very well.

There are many nice resorts along the coastline where one can spend a nice evening or a weekend with friends or otherwise. Google can guide you to the closest or the ones to your taste.

There are many temples too but some of them don’t allow non-Hindus to enter the premises. I am sure some local people in your team may be able to guide you in that regard.

Good luck with your trip.

Last edited:

St. Thomas Mount in Chennai must visit a place

Are you sure it's Tamil Nadu you are surveying? Foxconn already has a big plant in Tamilnadu where they make iPhones. Foxconn had a pending Chip Manufacturing plant site selection in Gujarat. Let me know if your survey include Gujarat. We are eagerly waiting for the chip plant.

It's a former Nokia factory, they are only doing final assembly there now. No manufacturing there yet.

Last edited:
take cab or bus or train to nagapattinum and visit heritage city Velankanni, called as The Lourdes of the East

India day 1 impressions: some bastard threw poo onto my shoe at Delhi airport, and demanded money to clean it.

The smell of evening Delhi... reminds me of my family's worst days in Beijing, and Harbin of nineties. Soot, sewage, and untreated diesel/CNG exhaust.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom