What's new

South Asian countries GDP-what need to do?

Er.............this is bit foolish, Agrian sector should be rather improved.

Agro needs to be improved but not through employing 52% of entire population. Heard of Machines?

Agro needs to be improved but not through employing 52% of entire population. Heard of Machines?

Who is going to pay for those machines?..........Indian agriculture problems are more to do with transportation. Of course output efficiency is also a factor.

Sri Lanka is highly dependent on foreign assistance, and several high-profile assistance projects were launched in 2003. The most significant of these resulted from an aid conference in Tokyo in June 2003; pledges at the summit, which included representatives from the International Monetary Fund, World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Japan, the European Union and the United States, totalled $4.5 billion.

Whether there is foreign assistance, or not, Sri Lanka has done better than India in basically all respects. The average Sri Lankan is richer, lives longer, has a better education and has better health than the average Indian.

india is south asia south asia is india .and india is only ur neighour.

South Asia consists of more than India and in South Asia, Sri Lanka has several neighbours. The closest neighbour geographically is India however. And Sri Lanka is friends with all her neigbours - unlike India. India has enemies everywhere, or sees enemies everywhere. Perenially in conflict with Pakistan, making a bogie out of China, the list just goes on.

ur stability depend on india .if ur country take any action(who are threat for india) like in past so i don't think ur country will be stable in future.

Sri Lanka has survived as an independent state for thousands of years. India hasn't been able to do anything about it. The latest challange (the LTTE), which was sponsored, armed and trained by India has been defeated.

i don't want post video where ur soldier brutely killed the woman .so better for u don't try to compare.

A murder of an individual woman is hardly representative of the overall status of women in a country. Murders happen everywhere in the world. Fact is, women are treated better in Sri Lanka and have a higher position in society than in India. Sri Lankans do not kill their baby girls for being girls, female infanticide is unheard of. Women are not married off to frogs, banana trees, clay pots, donkeys etc. They are not kicked and beaten for giving birth to a girl child.

by the way who told u because 70% world population unable to find in map where is srilanka ??

And you have a survey to back up your claims I suppose?

nice joke:lol:.my brother went to sri lanka in last year .ur shity country infrastructure is not better than tier 4 city bhilai(my home town) .according to my brother.

Who are we to believe when comparing India and Sri Lanka --- an Indian? Or the views of independent third party travellers?

Let's see what another Indian as to say:

I was expecting to find a mini-India vibe with similar landscapes, food, and culture but in fact Sri Lanka is unlike anywhere else in South Asia. The people are thoroughly laid-back in the classic island sense, which is good when it comes to relaxing near the beach, but not so good if you are trying to get through immigration at the international airport and the requisite duty officer is sleeping at his desk (true story). I was surprised at how clean and organized Colombo was, how nobody was urinating on the streets, how white foreigners weren't being ogled by everyone as they would be in India. http://mistermahanth.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/mahanths-freedom-tour-2012-part-1-sri.html

thats y india is one of the biggest softpower in the world and ur so called culture and religion given by india . and 70% world population is unable to find where is srilnaka.

India is a modern creation of the British. Modern India has not given any culture or religion to the world. Various independent kingdoms that existed in the past on the subcontinent (ares which now fall in "India") certainly did however. Certainly there are similarities between Indians and Sri Lankans, I will not deny it. The two are probably the closest cousins.

I haven't done so much compare and contrast of Sri Lanka and India, but it only seems natural. In some sense India is Sri Lanka's only neighbor. I believe the two countries are only separated by 10km of water, perhaps not even that much.

When I was in Colombo, I noticed mainly that Sri Lanka is better organized. In fact it is well organized, and India is completely disorganized. I believe there is exactly one issue that separates the two.

India is overcrowded. Sri Lanka is not. Sri Lanka has nice wide clean streets, with street cleaners actively working often. There are even trashcans near the streets! What I think is that Sri Lanka is essentially distilled India.

Sri Lanka is less crowded, has fewer languages, fewer distinct cultures, cleaner, more organized, has mountains and flat land, etc.

Basically, the idea of distillation is taking out MOST of the bad stuff and leaving MOST of the good stuff. I think that description fits. Clark travels the world: Sri Lanka is Distilled India

nice joke.my brother went to sri lanka in last year .ur shity country infrastructure is not better than tier 4 city bhilai(my home town) .according to my brother.

I'm not asking this for comparison, but just curious to see some videos of tier 4 city bhilai and your capital of ur state. Just googled but unable to find. Can you put some clips here? (no pics plz)

India has really bad roads, one of my family member went there he said he wil never go back, all the slums, the bad smell, trash on the roads... Now those thoughts are stuck in his head and every week we have to go to his house and comfort him, because he thinks he's going back to India again... Thanks Indians, you made my cousin mentally Ill

India has really bad roads, one of my family member went there he said he wil never go back, all the slums, the bad smell, trash on the roads... Now those thoughts are stuck in his head and every week we have to go to his house and comfort him, because he thinks he's going back to India again... Thanks Indians, you made my cousin mentally Ill

He should not come back to India then...who is forcing him to do that.... We never invited him to our country...he made a choice then...he has a choice now...

Whether there is foreign assistance, or not, Sri Lanka has done better than India in basically all respects. The average Sri Lankan is richer, lives longer, has a better education and has better health than the average Indian.

South Asia consists of more than India and in South Asia, Sri Lanka has several neighbours. The closest neighbour geographically is India however. And Sri Lanka is friends with all her neigbours - unlike India. India has enemies everywhere, or sees enemies everywhere. Perenially in conflict with Pakistan, making a bogie out of China, the list just goes on.

Sri Lanka has survived as an independent state for thousands of years. India hasn't been able to do anything about it. The latest challange (the LTTE), which was sponsored, armed and trained by India has been defeated.

A murder of an individual woman is hardly representative of the overall status of women in a country. Murders happen everywhere in the world. Fact is, women are treated better in Sri Lanka and have a higher position in society than in India. Sri Lankans do not kill their baby girls for being girls, female infanticide is unheard of. Women are not married off to frogs, banana trees, clay pots, donkeys etc. They are not kicked and beaten for giving birth to a girl child.

And you have a survey to back up your claims I suppose?

Who are we to believe when comparing India and Sri Lanka --- an Indian? Or the views of independent third party travellers?

Let's see what another Indian as to say:

India is a modern creation of the British. Modern India has not given any culture or religion to the world. Various independent kingdoms that existed in the past on the subcontinent (ares which now fall in "India") certainly did however. Certainly there are similarities between Indians and Sri Lankans, I will not deny it. The two are probably the closest cousins.
:blah::blah::blah: and :blah::blah::blah:

I'm not asking this for comparison, but just curious to see some videos of tier 4 city bhilai and your capital of ur state. Just googled but unable to find. Can you put some clips here? (no pics plz)
Bhilai (Hindi: भिलाई) is a city in the Durg district of Chhattisgarh, in eastern central India. As of 2001, it had a population of 556,366.[1] The city is located 25 kilometres (16 mi) west of the capital Raipur, on the main Howrah–Mumbai rail line, and National Highway 6. Bhilai is famous for the Bhilai Steel Plant, which is the largest steel plant in India and known for being the only manufacturer of rails in the country used by Indian Railways.[2]and in 2011 bhilai literacy rate was more than 95%.

Bhilai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bhilai Steel Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

by the way how many steel plant in ur tiny island country have ??

Raipur, Chhattisgarh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't want waste my time to find video if u wanted to know please search "google"

@ishaqzaade

Son you aint part of IVC. You weren't even born near it. Stick to your Ganges or whatever civilization

Bhilai (Hindi: भिलाई) is a city in the Durg district of Chhattisgarh, in eastern central India. As of 2001, it had a population of 556,366.[1] The city is located 25 kilometres (16 mi) west of the capital Raipur, on the main Howrah–Mumbai rail line, and National Highway 6. Bhilai is famous for the Bhilai Steel Plant, which is the largest steel plant in India and known for being the only manufacturer of rails in the country used by Indian Railways.[2]and in 2011 bhilai literacy rate was more than 95%.

Bhilai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bhilai Steel Plant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

by the way how many steel plant in ur tiny island country have ??

Raipur, Chhattisgarh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

i don't want waste my time to find video if u wanted to know please search "google"

silly answer mate! I just asked videos...!

------

@ Indian members
Can anyone help me to find clips of city bhilai and their capital of that state? more curious now. ;)

LOL bad roads and slums in India, Pakistan is not from South Asia. Why your cousin came to India, to travel in train. :laugh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom