What's new

South China Sea Forum

US B-52 bombers fly near disputed South China Sea islands
  • 13 November 2015

_86662514_030091894-1.jpg

The B-52 bomber planes, seen here in a file picture, continued the mission despite warnings from the Chinese

Two US B-52 bomber planes have flown near artificial islands built by China in disputed areas of the South China Sea, the Pentagon has said.

Their mission continued despite being warned by Chinese ground controllers.

The incident comes ahead of a visit by US President Barack Obama to a summit in Manila next week, which China's President Xi Jinping will also attend.

China is locked in maritime territorial disputes with several neighbours in the South China Sea.

It claims a large swathe of the resource-rich area and has been aggressively reclaiming land and building facilities on reefs, which the US and others oppose.

The US has said it plans to demonstrate its freedom of navigation principle in the sea, which challenges what it deems to be "excessive claims" to the world's oceans and airspace.

_86341359_hi029618858.jpg

I'm afraid the USA is being used (or maybe they agreed to it for later compensation). USA is now backing off their "freedom of navigation" patrol I see. Want to know the reason why?

Think anyone in the world would give a hoot about some artificial islands if it weren't for the US "interference" so the story makes it in the news? It's the best marketing campaign ever! China is trying to market the islands to the world w the help of the US, for whatever reason we don't know yet.

Think anyone would be stupid enough to build stationary aircraft carriers that are essentially sitting ducks?

Though if you want my opinion, these islands may have something to do with that civilian cruise ship that China is trying to build that they claim will be 3X the size of the Titanic...

Btw, these man-made islands are so cool. It's the first time i heard of such things on such a scale.

Part of me wonder why Japan never did such first. Japan always like to be first in everything...

Btw, these man-made islands are so cool. It's the first time i heard of such things on such a scale.

Part of me wonder why Japan never did such first. Japan always like to be first in everything...

many counties have build artificial islands, japan actually has some of the largest. the difference here is, the area where islands are located is disputed, the number of islands being built at once, and the speed which china is doing it.

US B-52 bombers fly near disputed South China Sea islands

the US has said the overflight is actually an accident.

many counties have build artificial islands, japan actually has some of the largest. the difference here is, the area where islands are located is disputed, the number of islands being built at once, and the speed which china is doing it.

the US has said the overflight is actually an accident.

This whole islands building fiasco is intriguing. Remember Nintendo? Late to the gaming industry, then dominating it. They say the Devil was the first born child.

World Atlas 1827 is printed by Philippe Vandermaelen in Europa, Paracels is part of Vietnam (Cochinchina).

ban-do-viet-nam.jpg

the US has said the overflight is actually an accident

It does mean that, B 52 is freely flying on Spratly Islands, US didn't cared that Chinese has made a fake Islands there.

20111130134630_1.jpg

The order of Quang Ngai province’s governor on sending boats and soldiers to
Paracel Islands under the court’s instruction in 1834.

20111130134707_6.jpg

Vietnamese soldiers salute the flag on Paracel Islands.(1939)

20111130134707_4.jpg

A Vietnam radio transmitter-receiver station on Paracel Islands in 1939.

20111130134630_3.jpg

Vietnam’s sovereignty stele on Paracel Islands in 1930.

20111130134747_9.jpg

The office of the Saigon Regime on Paracel Islands before 1974.

World Atlas 1827 is printed by Philippe Vandermaelen in Europa, Paracels is part of Vietnam (Cochinchina).

ban-do-viet-nam.jpg

It does mean that, B 52 is freely flying on Spratly Islands, US didn't cared that Chinese has made a fake Islands there.
Correction, the B-52 didn't dare to fly over the Chinese islands, they only pass through international airspace.

Just read that fiery cross now has what looks like a sports stadium on it and Johnson south has lots of green areas on it now. Has anyone seen these new pictures? If so can you post them please?

The US stance is rather a simple one that any major power would take, China's stance is equally as simple politics is power relations plain and simple, as admittedly my own opinion the long term political relationship between the US and China will eventually lead to Chinese control of the South China Sea it is physically and financially impractical for the US to stop it they can delay it but not stop it. It's not really right but it is the truth

Ignorant ! How pathetic are you !

About flag, I am born, growth, and live in Indonesia. and also I just can speak Indonesian language. besides english of course. wanna speak bahasa Indonesia with me?
What's wrong with that?

Is there a rule for Indonesian must Support U.S.A, little pinoy, and must Hate China? Answer me !?

You just ENVY with China Achievement in all sectors.
Your country is ...... I don't know what to say, too Sad to say it in here.
Your country Air Force is a bunch of ...... Ah, enough enough. I don't want make Pinoy Cry in here.
Your Rusting Navy is ....... Okay okay, enough enough.

My advice : just stay in your Wet Dream, the real world is too hard for you.

Or really yet the economy failing etc ya your right am so jealous ha ya right oh please give me a break why should i be jealous of a country that is killing its self you people have relavant post to add you do crap like these then if you get peg to corner you cry faul you people are the ones who's pathetic so save your ignorance to your own kind you adopates

Back
Top Bottom