What's new

South China Sea region property of the world: India

Agent_47

Reaction score
Country
India
Countering China's objections on its oil exploration projects in the South China Sea, India today said the region must be freed from any "national interference".
"India maintains that South China Sea is the property of the world. I think those trade-ways must be free from any national interference," External Affairs Minister S M Krishna told reporters while replying to a question.

Notwithstanding the Chinese warning, Krishna said the area should be used for increasing trade-related activities amongst nations which come within the rim of the South China Sea.

"This has been accepted by the ASEAN countries and by China in their dialogue with ASEAN group of nations. So I think India subscribes to the theory that these trade-ways should be free ways for trade to prosper," he said.

China has been objecting to any activity in South China Sea region including Indian oil exploration as it has territorial disputes with ASEAN countries like Vietnam and the Philippines.

Ahead of Chinese President Hu Jintao's visit to New Delhi last month, a top Foreign Ministry official had warned India to refrain from undertaking oil exploration in the area in order to ensure "peace and stability" in the area.

India in October last year had inked an agreement with Vietnam to expand and promote oil exploration in South China Sea. The pact between the Indian and Vietnamese state-owned oil companies includes new investments and the exploration and supply of oil and gas to the two countries.

Asked whether the Sino-India relationship is under strain, Krishna said "there is absolutely no strained relationship between China and India."

"Very recently during the BRICS summit President Hu Jintao was in Delhi and we had very very cordial talks with him and I totally reject that theory," he said.

South China Sea region property of the world: India - Indian Express

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article3287504.ece?homepage=true

We like to reply politely...:azn:

India should not go over the top and issue such statements that will hurt directly.

Be diplomatic and patient, handle the issues behind the media not in front of media. Such statements can be seen as direct challenge to China. SO MES should avoid making such statements. my 2 cents.

I don't think we were hostile in our wordings at all that you have to say be diplomatic. Come on man, for once our government has stood by something and you're saying we're going overboard. Do you know that CCP has already set its eyes on our ocean? Then why should be not reply in the same fashion? You tell me.

BTW kudos to the GOI for having some spine this once. :)

We like to reply politely...:azn:

Just look at the last letter king Shivaji of Marathas wrote to the Mughal scum general before their conflict. You'd see the same fashion of wordings. Polite but firm. And then we all know what happened to Mughal jokers. :D

agree, india will have as much rights to drill in south china sea as china does.

I don't think we were hostile in our wordings at all that you have to say be diplomatic. Come on man, for once our government has stood by something and you're saying we're going overboard. Do you know that CCP has already set its eyes on our ocean? Then why should be not reply in the same fashion? You tell me.

BTW kudos to the GOI for having some spine this once. :)

Yes I appreciate the stand of Indian goverment, but this is like a escalation thing. Ones it starts building, nobody can control the escalation and may lead to unwarranted trouble for both nations.
Play the game but not in front of media (You know Indian media, it will blow everything out of proportions).

If China contest land is property of the world..than prepare yourself to be judged for your contested land such Jammu & Kashmire...we shall make it property of the world.

India isn't claiming the Indian Ocean. China drills there for oil under international law.

If China wants to use that law to its advantage, then try to ignore it and not allow any other country to drill in the South China sea, which it claims in contradiction to the very same law it uses to drill in international waters, that's hypocrisy.

Want to invade India?

We are ready. We will not bow to your bullying and warmongering. If China invades India the first thing I'm doing is arming myself and going to the border, where I can put my years of military training to good use defending my country against foreigners who have no business being on our land. Can you say the same, or will you just sit behind your computer and continue to talk, expecting others to fight and die for you like a coward?

If China contest land is property of the world..than prepare yourself to be judged for your contested land such Jammu & Kashmire...we shall make it property of the world.

Dude ..you guys started it by interfering in J&K. We are only paying back in same coin. Does it hurt ? You bet it hurt where it hurts most.

About this statement...it is just a fitting reponse to the threatning statement coming out from China's mouthpiece a day before.

What are your options:-
1) Step back from Kashmir..totally and completely.
2) keep on shooting threatning statement and hurt your own position. We will not attcka you for your positions / actions in Kasmir and neither you will dare to do so. NOW...No country in the world can dare to think attacking a country the size of India.

India isn't claiming the Indian Ocean. China drills their under international law.

If China wants to use that law to its advantage, then try to ignore it and not allow any other country to drill in the South China sea, that's hypocrisy.

Want to fight India?

We are ready. We will not bow to your bullying and warmongering. If China invades India the first thing I'm doing is arming myself and going to the border, where I can put my military training to good use defending my country. Can you say the same, or will you just sit behind your computer and continue to talk, expecting others to fight and die for you like a coward?

That's constest area...I don't care who's right and who's wrong...if you want to drill wait untill we settle this area with all parties concerned...than make your oil drill..but if you wan to fish in trouble water...than you will prepare yourself for retaliation.

As to fight India...I'm pretty sure that you guys are ready...you guys have been waiting since 1962, but don't worry that moment will come...and you guys will have your chance.

As for your statement to server your country..it's just over-rated :rofl: I've no doubt that you have fought PLA well in Nintendo or Xbox..and that's about it...but claiming your conviction to go for war is just bollywoodian.

As for me, I don't need to lie to myself...nor to prove to internet watchers how heroic I'm...

Yes I appreciate the stand of Indian goverment, but this is like a escalation thing. Ones it starts building, nobody can control the escalation and may lead to unwarranted trouble for both nations.
Play the game but not in front of media (You know Indian media, it will blow everything out of proportions).

it is already escalted, now china says india to get lost & india is not ready to take it lying down.....

That's constest area...I don't care who's right and who's wrong...if you want to drill wait untill we settle this area with all parties concerned...than make your oil drill..but if you wan to fish in trouble water...than you will prepare yourself for retaliation.

As to fight India...I'm pretty sure that you guys are ready...you guys have been waiting since 1962, but don't worry that moment will come...and you guys will have your chance.

As for your statement to server your country..it's just over-rated :rofl: I've no doubt that you have fought PLA well in Nintendo or Xbox..and that's about it...but claiming your conviction to go for war is just bollywoodian.

As for me, I don't need to lie to myself...nor to prove to internet watchers how heroic I'm...

What can china do if india drills in south china sea ?????????

Dude ..you guys started it by interfering in J&K. We are only paying back in same coin. Does it hurt ? You bet it hurt where it hurts most.

About this statement...it is just a fitting reponse to the threatning statement coming out from China's mouthpiece a day before.

What are your options:-
1) Step back from Kashmir..totally and completely.
2) keep on shooting threatning statement and hurt your own position. We will not attcka you for your positions / actions in Kasmir and neither you will dare to do so. NOW...No country in the world can dare to think attacking a country the size of India.

If we let you guy claim Pakistan section of Kashmire, then what's next Aksai Chin will considered to be your too?.

if you call Pakistan section of Kasmire is constest area...than Jammu is too...you guys should prevent yourself of doing any construction or infrastructure development...no wonder China has issue stapples Visa to Jammu people...to prevent your foolish claim

If you guys want to play constest land game with us...we can put our bet on any challenge you propose...we certainly not getting hurt more than you by invalidate your claim of Jammu against an small sea land occupied by vietnamese...

here my answer to your option:
1) back off SCS , do what ever you want with Jammu, as for Pakistan side of Kasmire...is not your business
2) we don't need to threathening with war, nor to fire a single bullet ..but somebody will not please to see their river's level drop.
sure we can't attack a size of India...but we can tormented it :lol:

What can china do if india drills in south china sea ?????????

they can only get one choice :Water or oil...let them choose.

I don't care what you said! In fact, Many countries want to involve in SCS issure, Not to solve it, But to put china into trouble!!
Mouth is on your face, You decide what to say!! I just concer on china navy and Airforce development, That's the point to settle the problem. Now in china dock, there are at least 10 big warship in process. And all the developed weapon is on schedule!! China can kick Viet out of SCS easily, China's military preparation is for USA, not for VIET, India and other countries!!
the SCS should be solved by force, at least army supporting!! Any talk is wasting time!

"As for your statement to server your country..it's just over-rated I've no doubt that you have fought PLA well in Nintendo or Xbox..and that's about it...but claiming your conviction to go for war is just bollywoodian.

As for me, I don't need to lie to myself...nor to prove to internet watchers how heroic I'm..."

In response i have the following to say:

I have 3 years military of military service.

To serve ones country is not "over-rated". It is an honor.

I have nothing to prove to you.

If you want to continue talking trash about war, the least you can do is put your own *** on the line. Expecting others to die for your dreams Of Chinese dominance of Asia is pathetic.

Back
Top Bottom