What's new

South Korea Develops first Cruise Missile

MOO

Reaction score
S. Korea Develops Cruise Missile

9-22-2006 10:02

cffc751c80b867bd7e33e902b174d524.jpg

The government has developed a cruise missile capable of striking most of the strategic targets in North Korea amid the drawn-out tension over the communist country’s nuclear and missile programs, a military source said yesterday.

The missile, which has a range of 500 kilometers, will be deployed to a guided missile headquarters to be established in the central part of the country and will be mounted on 1,800-ton class submarines to be introduced next year, the source said, requesting anonymity.

The missile, jointly developed by the military and the s t a t e - r u n A g e n c y f o r Defense Development, is believed to have the capability to hit North Korea’s missile bases entrenched deep in the mountains, the source said.

The rocket, dubbed “Chonryong,” is the nation’s longest-range missile.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?u=http://junshi.teein.com/?ucid=107

Sure why not? :D

Afterall they have the best tank in Asia right now, the XK-2 MBT. The best Infantry Fighting Vehicle in Asia, the "NIFV" and also the most modern and advance Aircraft trainer T50. Not even the bigger boys like Japan and China can match the quality and performaces in terms of weaponry that ROK possesses right now. South Korea also makes Anti-ship missiles, torpedos and even Mobile SAM vehicles too. :tup:

But actually this is nothing when you end up mentioning about a midget country like Taiwan whom have already completed development on a Supersonic Anti-ship missile, and land attack cruise missiles. Taiwan already have a 500km range cruise missiles just like Pakistan does and soon to be improved with 1000km for defense against mainland China.

c5de1b87b99373a8ea6a933349389d1c.jpg

de5bcc552312833e73f5a7347b08ad3b.jpg

817b6f1a1cfae6afc48a6876b1bb941e.jpg

1a0beff0687814f10de3669cda92de71.jpg

S. Korea Develops Cruise Missile

9-22-2006 10:02

cffc751c80b867bd7e33e902b174d524.jpg

The government has developed a cruise missile capable of striking most of the strategic targets in North Korea amid the drawn-out tension over the communist country’s nuclear and missile programs, a military source said yesterday.

The missile, which has a range of 500 kilometers, will be deployed to a guided missile headquarters to be established in the central part of the country and will be mounted on 1,800-ton class submarines to be introduced next year, the source said, requesting anonymity.

The missile, jointly developed by the military and the s t a t e - r u n A g e n c y f o r Defense Development, is believed to have the capability to hit North Korea’s missile bases entrenched deep in the mountains, the source said.

The rocket, dubbed “Chonryong,” is the nation’s longest-range missile.

http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?u=http://junshi.teein.com/?ucid=107

MOO that is a picture if the missile I take it? If so why does it have the US company’s "Raytheon" written over it?

MOO that is a picture if the missile I take it? If so why does it have the US company’s "Raytheon" written over it?

That's a pic I just recently uploaded off my PC, just a demostration nothing more lol. Just wait a while for the pics, eventually it'll pop up on the net. :rofl:

Hey even Taiwan are already producing their land attack cruise missiles in close secrecy and still no pics to pop up yet. It's better to stay quiet and not alarm the neighbors for the time being. :google:

And remember this is indeed a sensitive issue in fact South Korea, Taiwan and even Pakistan has broken the rule and exceeded the 300km Cruise missile limit for International law. Nothing can go over 300km or else you're going to have problems with other foreign countries, but what gives now? Nowadays every nation is breaking the rules, especially Israel in proliferation. Haha! :google:

Asim Aquil said:
So S. Korea developed this?
Sure why not? :D

MOO said:
That's a pic I just recently uploaded off my PC, just a demostration nothing more lol. Just wait a while for the pics, eventually it'll pop up on the net.
You've seen one you've seen em all eh? :D

That's a pic I just recently uploaded off my PC, just a demostration nothing more lol. Just wait a while for the pics, eventually it'll pop up on the net. :rofl:

Hey even Taiwan are already producing their land attack cruise missiles in close secrecy and still no pics to pop up yet. It's better to stay quiet and not alarm the neighbors for the time being. :google:

:lol:

Thanks for the clarifying things bro.

So now 5 countries are capable of making C.missiles, US, russia, china, pakistan :yahoo: , and S.korea.

i wonder what pakistan is getting in return for this gift.........:angel:

I wont believe it until they test it, until then there just trying to scare North korea. And MOO the K1A1 is not the best tank in Asia, its either the japanese Type-90 or the Chinese ZTZ-99

So now 5 countries are capable of making C.missiles, US, russia, china, pakistan :yahoo: , and S.korea.

Actually its more than just a few countries... :tup: :lol:

1. U.S.
2. Russia
3. Ukraine
4. France/Germany
5. Israel
6. China
7. Pakistan
8. South Korea
9. Taiwan
10. Iran

Actually its more than just a few countries... :tup: :lol:

1. U.S.
2. Russia
3. Ukraine
4. France/Germany
5. Israel
6. China
7. Pakistan
8. South Korea
9. Taiwan
10. Iran

What the hell is ukrain and Iran doing in there, Ukrain doesnt have its own cruise missiles and Iran just has chinese and nk copies. SK and Taiwan probraly got immense help from the US

Ukraine is way ahead of France, Germany, Israel and even China in terms of knowledge and experiences. :tup:

Let's not forget after the fall of the Soviet Union the Ukrainians inherited plenty of technology and arms from the previous regime. They were a Nuclear power even after the fall of the regime. They now have half of the best Soviet fighters, the Mig-29s and Flankers for their Air Force, a factory to build T-80/T-72 MBTs, engines, ammunition, and other armor vehicles too.

Remember, Ukraine have very large stockpile's of KH-55 cruise (2500km-3000km) missiles, and other long range ballistic missiles. And the technology and blue prints on how to build more if they ever decided to do so. The only problem they have is money, and motivation, they have no threat nor enemies around them so no need to pursue more weapons. :agree:

Ask China, Iran and Pakistan, they benefited plenty from the Ukrainians in cruise missile technology. Check this article out.
http://www.strategycenter.net/research/pubID.112/pub_detail.asp

Back
Top Bottom