What's new

Spain Central Gov. prepares military intervention in Katalonia

Mr.Department

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Austria
qweqwe_1118.jpg

Mariano Rajoy : " I decided to take all means to prevent this illegal referandum " !

qweqwe_1118.jpg

Mariano Rajoy : " I decided to take all means to prevent this illegal referandum " !

News from Spain is actually say that "The likelihood of sending police or military into Catalunya (Or Catalonia) is small and IS RESERVED AS A LAST RESORT, should there be a large scale protest.

The vote, is a non-binding for the Spain Government as it was not sanctioned by the central government, and even if Catalunya parliament passed the law, the Spanish Government can refuse to honor it. In fact, they can force Catalunya to stop, using any sort of means, which including the use of Law Enforcement and the Military.

Last edited:
I met a Catalan activist about a year ago, and he was so anti-Spain and pro-independence. The Catalans have long had a chip on their shoulders, effectively regarding themselves as under military occupation.

If he is indicative of the general Catalan mood, then Catalan independence is a done deal. The EU will not tolerate a military solution.

If this happens Spain could be divided in 5 parts. (Basc, Katalan, Spain, Med-and Atlantic Islands)

Strangely enough, the Basque region, despite the turbulence, is still part of Spain. As with any separation, the authorities will see it as the beginning of a disintegration process.

If the military card is off the table, what is left?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom