What's new

Specialized High Altitude Warfare Battalions- Pakistan Army

Pakistan Army is a highly professional force with all the administrative decisions being taken and implemented for any kind of threat faced to the country. Infact, the Kashmir command is the biggest command of Pakistan Army. Only thing we need is the will to fight at govt and army high brass level.

Threads like these remind me of and old moral story elders used to narrate back when I was a kid.
There was once a village that was so isolated that no one used to wear a shalwar, then someone from a city visited the village and convinced the villagers to start wearing shalwars. The villagers reluctantly did but started claiming that the village was the place where the shalwar was invented.
Anyone even somewhat versed with PA its eqpt and training would know that much of this is already in effect given the limitation of finances, resources and manpower.

Another example is that of our tribal lashkars who were able to capture large parts of Kashmir often by using terrain as their weapon.
o_O

Atleast two soldiers in a section will have under barrel grenade launchers as hand grenades will role downhill.
Secret weapons! Devilish ingenuity!!

Ever seen this shoulder patch on uniform ?

mountain.JPG

Army High Altitude School​

This school train students in skiing, High Altitude and Mountain Warfare operations. Training is imparted in the shape of lectures, demonstrations and practicals. In order to ensure realistic training, tactical exercises are conducted at altitudes of 12000 feet to 16000 feet at the base of famous Nanga Parbator Rakaposhi peaks. In the basic training, students are taken to 19000 feet altitude. School also undertakes number of trekking and mountaineering expeditions on famous peaks to ensure following:

• Maximum stress is laid on practical training i.e. mountain/ snow crafts to enable trainees to overcome difficulties faced at high altitude
  • To develop in trainees the confidence to operate in small groups and to survive in high altitude snow bound and glaciated areas
  • To increase the awareness in use, care and maintenance of weapons/ equipment at high altitude
  • To organize training in a way to develop endurance, liking for mountains and inculcate comradeship in the trainees to operate in most inhospitable environments

Ever seen this shoulder patch on uniform ?

View attachment 830937

Army High Altitude School​

This school train students in skiing, High Altitude and Mountain Warfare operations. Training is imparted in the shape of lectures, demonstrations and practicals. In order to ensure realistic training, tactical exercises are conducted at altitudes of 12000 feet to 16000 feet at the base of famous Nanga Parbator Rakaposhi peaks. In the basic training, students are taken to 19000 feet altitude. School also undertakes number of trekking and mountaineering expeditions on famous peaks to ensure following:

• Maximum stress is laid on practical training i.e. mountain/ snow crafts to enable trainees to overcome difficulties faced at high altitude
  • To develop in trainees the confidence to operate in small groups and to survive in high altitude snow bound and glaciated areas
  • To increase the awareness in use, care and maintenance of weapons/ equipment at high altitude
  • To organize training in a way to develop endurance, liking for mountains and inculcate comradeship in the trainees to operate in most inhospitable environments
My father also wore this badge but never asked him why

They already exist!

Terrifying thread!
Nopes. Not in this specialized form.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom