What's new

Spot-fixing/Match-fixing scandal

Has any one shared this???

salman-butt-with-the-fixer.jpg

fake-pic.jpg

Hidden facts behind fake evidences of ‘News Of The World’! World of Cricket

Also see the Butt's pic has more contrast than other two guys:coffee:

O come on boy you know everything about how Indians behave in cricket have you forgot the incident when whole Indian crowd evacuated from the stadium because they were behaving with extreme "civility", and the famous war between Afridi and gambhir the words used by gambhir were extremely "Civil"....:what:

You got it wrong, I meant common Indian's behaved with more civility to this fixing issue, Indians, unlike some other countries didn't bring up 'Culture' and 'DNA'.

What players do in the heat of the moment is irrelevant here.

breaking news on 'talk sport' radio.. 3 players asif, amir & butt withdrawn from rest of the tour. now!! why would they do that??

Accused Pakistan trio Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer pulled from England tour

Pakistan team manager Yawar Saeed has confirmed Test captain Salman Butt and fast bowlers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer will play no further part on the current tour of England.

The trio are at the centre of allegations of 'spot-fixing' over claims Asif and Aamer bowled no-balls during the fourth Test defeat to England and are currently in London assisting with a police investigation.

Saeed, speaking from Taunton where Pakistan are taking on Somerset, said: 'The T20 squad will remain what it is here this morning, ie 13 people.

'When we play the one-day internationals we will be asking for replacements to make the squad up to 16.

'The (three) players have not been suspended.'

Accused Pakistan trio Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamer pulled from England tour | Mail Online

I haven't blamed the Indian wife any more than you've lynched the Pakistanis without the case being proved against them.

My argument is simple, if a Pakistani is so heavily involved with Indians and is also taking money from Indians, and Indians are known to run gambling and match fixing cartels... Perhaps that angle should be explored during the course of investigations.

Why are you trying to strong arm the Pakistanis into accepting that the trio are guilty? Scotland Yard hasn't even charged them yet, if they can be proven guilty, UK law requires them to be charged and put in jail. Match fixing is a serious crime in the UK.

Everybody who has asked for evidence has always backed up their statement that if found guilty, then we ourselves won't leave them. But we will accord them the same dignity you'd accord your own citizens until they are proven guilty.

You can worship tabloid trash, I'll follow what the evidence.

Who is lynching them me ? Seriously ?

I was the one who suggested and agreed that Amir should be spared.

I have always said wait and watch and not do another Ajmal Kasab one way or the other.

Miandad's son married the biggest terrorist's daughter after OBL (as per USA) does that make him a terrorist too, no but Dawood does runs the biggest gambling syndicate in India safely from Pakistan ( as per US again) so should not Pakistan be ultimately responsible for this problem?

Your comments have pandered to those conspiracy buffs who wish to blame UK, ECB and NOTW as agents of RAW which is un-acceptable. Let me joggle your memory

First you said why did he get bail immediately without any charges implying it was all a drama where as bail within 24 hours is a right here.

Then you alluded that he knows indian bookies because his wife is Indian, when the King of Bookies of India and Asia sits in your very country protected by your establishment whose daughter is married to Miandad who holds a post in PCB.

Then you want the Met to issue a statement when the video was shot. Come on you very well know that the Mets would have sent it to Forensics for verification. Don't forget you came to us for help when Bhutto was assasinated so maybe we are good in what we do.

I am suprised how easily you disowned your own people like TTP, Majeed and clutch at straws to make it an Indian or UK conspiracy but find it hard to accept the fact that you yourself (PCB) WIILINGLY allowed THE wolf of Pakistan origin(Majeed) into the Chicken Cage (Pakistan Team) and now are trying to blame everybody except your ownselves.

:woot:

:no:

breaking news on 'talk sport' radio.. 3 players asif, amir & butt withdrawn from rest of the tour. now!! why would they do that??

Can we wait for the official investigation before "you start jizzing your pants" in excitement. Major Sahib and CM PCB and High Commissioner are heading the investigation panel.

Await their report before posting provocative nonsense like "now!! why would they do that??"

England 'want Pakistan bet probe players banned'

_48933940_strauss282.jpg

England's players said they found it difficult to celebrate their victory at Lord's

The England team believes the Pakistan players named in the betting probe that has engulfed the tourists should sit out the rest of the tour.

England are set to play Pakistan in two Twenty20 matches and five one-dayers.

Professional Cricketers Association boss Angus Porter told the BBC the England team thought it "preferable" that those involved did not play.

It has also emerged that cricket agent Mazhar Majeed was arrested on Sunday by customs officials.

Pakistan players Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif and Kamran Akmal have all been questioned by police, although Akmal is no longer under investigation.

Porter said: "Speaking on behalf of the England team we can say we think it would be preferable if those individuals who are named do not play in the forthcoming series."

Pakistan officials are understood to agree that the three players under investigation should miss the series.

The man in charge of world cricket has told the BBC the three players should play no further part until investigations are completed.

International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat said: "It is our preference that they do not play."

The last thing the ECB wants is for these games to be called off, but who is seriously going to go watch them other than on TV?

The BBC can confirm that Mr Majeed, the man at the centre of the fixing allegations, and two others were arrested on Sunday as part of what HM Revenue and Customs said was an "ongoing investigation into money laundering". The others arrested were a woman from the Croydon area and a 49-year-old man. They have been questioned and given bail.

The arrests came after Mr Majeed had been bailed and released by Scotland Yard detectives on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud bookmakers.

It is understood the HMRC investigation into Mr Majeed was active before the News of the World story making the fixing allegations was published and that it is a highly complex inquiry.

Money laundering investigations will often involve lengthy periods of surveillance to gather evidence before arrest.

The ICC has already said the tour will continue and England all-rounder Stuart Broad agreed the series should go ahead.

"We shouldn't call it off on the back of an investigation that is ongoing," said Broad, who scored 169 in England's win in the fourth Test at Lord's.

"It is up to others to decide if any of the Pakistan players involved in those allegations should miss those games."

Broad, whose innings at Lord's was the second-highest by a number nine in Test history, added that he and his team-mates were still in a "state of shock" over the allegations of spot-fixing.

"I never dreamt there was anything untoward about our victories," added the Nottinghamshire player, whose record-breaking knock helped seal an innings win and a 3-1 victory in the series.

"I have absolutely no doubts that Pakistan were giving everything to try to win that match.

"When Pakistan did not come out to practise on the fourth day, it did cross our minds that we might have another forfeited Test on our hands.

"When we shook hands with their players afterwards - and there was never any suggestion that we weren't going to do that - we just said the normal things even though it seemed wrong somehow to celebrate as strongly as we would normally do."

Spinner Graeme Swann said he had no qualms about the two Twenty20 matches and five one-day internationals going ahead.

"I love one-day cricket and, with nothing proved, I have no problem whatsoever who I play against," Swann, who took 22 wickets in the Test series against Pakistan, wrote in The Sun.

"What I want most is that cricket gets back in the papers for the right reasons - for someone to score an unbelievable hundred or produce a great spell of bowling.

"It's terrible for cricket to have something like this hanging over it. We want a clean game and that's what the spectators deserve."

However, former England captain Michael Vaughan questioned whether the final leg of the tour should proceed.

"It's difficult to focus on the series," he said. "Everybody will be looking back and asking questions.

"If I'd been playing and I'd got a hundred, or somebody like Graeme Swann who took so many wickets, you're bound to ask questions - are they legitimate runs or wickets?

"It's very difficult for the one-day series, everybody will be studying every aspect, any no-balls or wides or somebody getting out in a particular fashion."

And current England captain Andrew Strauss said it was up to cricket's administrators to decide whether the series should proceed or not.

"That is something for the ICC (International Cricket Council), ECB (England and Wales Cricket Broad) and PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) to sit down and decide what the best way forward is," he stated.

"Clearly there are going to be some very strong reasons for the series to go ahead, but they are also going to have to sit down and think about what is the right thing to do. That's their decision."

Butt, Asif and Amir dropped for rest of tour

Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir, the three Pakistan players who are at the centre of the spot-fixing controversy have been dropped for the limited-overs leg of the England tour, according to team manager Yawar Saeed. He said they had not, however, been suspended.

The three players are currently in London, where they are due to meet Pakistan's high commissioner to the UK. The PCB chairman, Ijaz Butt, is expected to be at that meeting.

Speaking in Taunton, where the Pakistan team are to play a warm-up match later on Thursday, Saeed said he had taken the decision, and also called for three replacements. "The T20 squad will remain what it is here this morning, i.e. 13 people," Saeed said. "When we play the one-day internationals we will be asking for replacements to make the squad up to 16."

The decision comes after several rounds of meetings between Ijaz Butt, ICC chief executive Haroon Lorgat and officials of the ECB, at which the PCB is believed to have been advised that the players should not take part in the rest of the tour.

Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir dropped for rest of tour | Cricket News | Global | Cricinfo.com

England 'want Pakistan bet probe players banned'

_48933940_strauss282.jpg

England's players said they found it difficult to celebrate their victory at Lord's

The England team believes the Pakistan players named in the betting probe that has engulfed the tourists should sit out the rest of the tour.

England are set to play Pakistan in two Twenty20 matches and five one-dayers.

Professional Cricketers Association boss Angus Porter told the BBC the England team thought it "preferable" that those involved did not play.

It has also emerged that cricket agent Mazhar Majeed was arrested on Sunday by customs officials.

Pakistan players Salman Butt, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Asif and Kamran Akmal have all been questioned by police, although Akmal is no longer under investigation.

Porter said: "Speaking on behalf of the England team we can say we think it would be preferable if those individuals who are named do not play in the forthcoming series."

Pakistan officials are understood to agree that the three players under investigation should miss the series.

The man in charge of world cricket has told the BBC the three players should play no further part until investigations are completed.

International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat said: "It is our preference that they do not play."

The last thing the ECB wants is for these games to be called off, but who is seriously going to go watch them other than on TV?

The BBC can confirm that Mr Majeed, the man at the centre of the fixing allegations, and two others were arrested on Sunday as part of what HM Revenue and Customs said was an "ongoing investigation into money laundering". The others arrested were a woman from the Croydon area and a 49-year-old man. They have been questioned and given bail.

The arrests came after Mr Majeed had been bailed and released by Scotland Yard detectives on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud bookmakers.

It is understood the HMRC investigation into Mr Majeed was active before the News of the World story making the fixing allegations was published and that it is a highly complex inquiry.

Money laundering investigations will often involve lengthy periods of surveillance to gather evidence before arrest.

The ICC has already said the tour will continue and England all-rounder Stuart Broad agreed the series should go ahead.

"We shouldn't call it off on the back of an investigation that is ongoing," said Broad, who scored 169 in England's win in the fourth Test at Lord's.

"It is up to others to decide if any of the Pakistan players involved in those allegations should miss those games."

Broad, whose innings at Lord's was the second-highest by a number nine in Test history, added that he and his team-mates were still in a "state of shock" over the allegations of spot-fixing.

"I never dreamt there was anything untoward about our victories," added the Nottinghamshire player, whose record-breaking knock helped seal an innings win and a 3-1 victory in the series.

"I have absolutely no doubts that Pakistan were giving everything to try to win that match.

"When Pakistan did not come out to practise on the fourth day, it did cross our minds that we might have another forfeited Test on our hands.

"When we shook hands with their players afterwards - and there was never any suggestion that we weren't going to do that - we just said the normal things even though it seemed wrong somehow to celebrate as strongly as we would normally do."

Spinner Graeme Swann said he had no qualms about the two Twenty20 matches and five one-day internationals going ahead.

"I love one-day cricket and, with nothing proved, I have no problem whatsoever who I play against," Swann, who took 22 wickets in the Test series against Pakistan, wrote in The Sun.

"What I want most is that cricket gets back in the papers for the right reasons - for someone to score an unbelievable hundred or produce a great spell of bowling.

"It's terrible for cricket to have something like this hanging over it. We want a clean game and that's what the spectators deserve."

However, former England captain Michael Vaughan questioned whether the final leg of the tour should proceed.

"It's difficult to focus on the series," he said. "Everybody will be looking back and asking questions.

"If I'd been playing and I'd got a hundred, or somebody like Graeme Swann who took so many wickets, you're bound to ask questions - are they legitimate runs or wickets?

"It's very difficult for the one-day series, everybody will be studying every aspect, any no-balls or wides or somebody getting out in a particular fashion."

And current England captain Andrew Strauss said it was up to cricket's administrators to decide whether the series should proceed or not.

"That is something for the ICC (International Cricket Council), ECB (England and Wales Cricket Broad) and PCB (Pakistan Cricket Board) to sit down and decide what the best way forward is," he stated.

"Clearly there are going to be some very strong reasons for the series to go ahead, but they are also going to have to sit down and think about what is the right thing to do. That's their decision."

I only have one thing to say to this article:

The presumption of innocence

121273.jpg

Shoaib Akhtar smiles during practice ahead of the limited-overs leg of Pakistan's series against England :victory:

This guy always bowl his heart out, PCBs lack of professionalism and ill-discipline ruined his career too.

121273.jpg

Shoaib Akhtar smiles during practice ahead of the limited-overs leg of Pakistan's series against England :victory:

This guy always bowl his heart out, PCBs lack of professionalism and ill-discipline ruined his career too.

I dont think Shoaib akthar need anyone else to ruin his career, he was good at doing it himself with this ill discipline, fake injury and what not.

The 6 categories of life-bans - PCB style

1) The "He's so talented to stay banned" ban

In this kind of life-ban the player is banned between a series end and the next series beginning. Before the next series, realisation sets in that they dont have a player to replace the banned player, the fans clamour for a comeback, the authorities decide that the banned player has learnt his lesson and the player is pardoned and selected for the next series

A typical Pak fan comment - "He might have murdered someone but it was for his country and anyways I dont care how many he murders as long as he still plays in the next match"

Typical example : Sohaib Akhtar

2) The "He is just stupid" ban

In this kind of life-ban, the player is banned because of extreme unsporty behaviour/cheating, but is pardoned based on the fact that the player has an IQ below 50. Kind of like when criminals plead insanity as a defense

A typical Pak fan comment - "He doesnt realise that he was cheating while dancing on the pitch or biting the ball because he is such a beast

Typical example : Shahid Afridi

3) The "He was led astray" ban

In this kind of life-ban, the presence of another player having had more than 2 life-bans automatically helps the newbie to be pardoned based on association. Everyhting is blamed on the more experienced culprit and the other guy is the innocent lamb led astray by the wolf. the newbie is also thought to be completely incapable of independent thoughts, a prime criteria to be 'talented'

Typical Pak fan comment - Ban that senior guy. Why was he in the same state when the newbie commited the offense? He might have retired but he still is such a bad influence on the youngsters

Typical example: Asif (his first time) and possiby Amir

4) The "PCB is your father" ban

This kind of life-ban is enforced by PCB to show a player, who has been getting too big for his boots, his rightful place. The ban can be immediately re-considered if the said player begs forgiveness (despite doing no wrong) and bows to PCB dictates.

A typical Pak fan comment - Why cant X beg forgiveness for all his sins even though he has never commited them. Its for the country's sake

Typical example - YK and MoYo

5) The "Save his a$$ from ICC" ban

This kind of life-ban is used to protect star players from being banned by ICC. The ban is enforced only to be removed before the next series after a "democratic" tribunal hears the appeal

A typical Pak fan comment - But he has already been punished by PCB once. How can ICC punish him twice for the same crime

Typical example - Asif

6) The "Its all a conspiracy" ban

In this life-ban, the player is banned because of loads of evidence against him but then it is alleged to be a conspiracy by BCCI/RAW/Mossad and following a national outcry, the player is unbanned

Typical Pak fan comment - I am sure BCCI added nandro while he was peeing into a test tube

Typical example - Asif

Source: BBC 606 forums posted by user don_corleone840.

Clamour grows for legalised betting in India

The Pakistan spot-fixing scandal has once again shone the spotlight on illegal betting in the sub-continent and reopened the debate on the legalisation of gambling in India.

Since the Australian duo of Shane Warne and Mark Waugh admitted in 1998 to passing information to an Indian bookmaker during a 1994 tournament, cricket has seldom had a financial scandal without an Indian connection.

The latest spot-fixing scandal, in which Pakistan bowlers Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir are alleged to have bowled three deliberate no-balls by arrangement, continued the trend.

Arrested by British police on suspicion of defrauding bookmakers, Mazhar Majeed claimed he dealt with an Indian party. Two Australian cricketers also said they were approached by an Indian bookie in England last year.

Lawyer Rahul Mehra, who has fought numerous legal battles against cricket and other sports bodies in India seeking transparency in their functions, is not surprised.

“The Indians bet on the weather, crops and even smaller and trivial things. Cricket is a religion here and India is the financial hub. So it’s hardly a surprise that an India-Pakistan ODI draws bets worth $20 million,” Mehra told Reuters.

“The only thing is that here betting is not legal which is why there is little government control over the industry.”

Legal gambling in India is confined to horse-racing while casinos are allowed only in a couple of states.

CRIMINAL ACTIVITY

Illegal syndicates are thriving, however, and Indian media estimates put the amount bet on last year’s Indian Premier League (IPL) at $427 million.

A Delhi trial court judge on Tuesday said gambling on cricket should be legalised to prevent the spoils being spent on criminal activity and to generate revenue for the government.

Former India cricket chief Inderjit Bindra has long been a supporter of legalisation for similar reasons and to help the fight against match-fixing.

“If betting is legalised, it will be in the interest of the government as not only will it eliminate match-fixing but also earn states revenue in crores (tens of millions),” Bindra, now an adviser at the International Cricket Council (ICC), said two years ago. “My personal view is that if you want anything to be regulated, it has to be legalised.”

The cost to the image of cricket from the involvement of Indian bookmakers in the manipulation of results has been huge.

The game suffered arguably its biggest crisis since the Bodyline series of the 1930s when Delhi Police released the transcript of former South African captain Hansie Cronje’s conversation with an Indian bookie in 2000.

Subsequently, three international captains — Cronje, Salim Malik of Pakistan and India’s Mohammad Azharuddin — received life bans, while a host of players were fined.

In the same year, Sri Lankan cricketers revealed being approached by Indian bookies during their 1992 tour of Australia, suggesting the rot had started much earlier than thought.

LEGALISED BETTING INDUSTRY

In 2004, former New Zealand skipper Stephen Fleming said he had been approached by an Indian sports promoter, while in 2008 West Indies batsman Marlon Samuels was banned for two years for passing information to an Indian bookie.

Columnist Ashok Malik, who comments on politics and the business of sport, does not subscribe to the view that legalising betting would end the problem.

“People should not confuse illegal betting with spot-fixing. Spot-fixing is as much a possibility even in a legalised betting industry,” he said.

“It’s not legality, the problem starts when bookies try to get prior knowledge of events and are ready to share their profit with the cricketers to fix incidents.”

“Having a legalised betting industry is not the solution.

It’s like owning a hotel fulfilling all the legal criteria and then running a prostitution racket there.”

Malik does, however, believe that gambling on the nation’s favourite sport should be legalised.

“When lotteries and gambling on horse racing is legal, it is ridiculous not to legalise cricket betting.”

Mehra believes the Indian government should set up a commission to regulate the industry.

“Legalising betting is important, for this is no secret that everyone, including businessmen and corporate houses, wants to bet on cricket,” he said.

“Besides, legalising it would give the government some control over the industry. They should think about setting up something like a Betting Commission or Gambling Commission.

“Bookies would have to register themselves and everything should be bound by rules and regulation. Whenever you see anything fishy in the odds, you can track down the culprits.

“It would help not only the players, but also the bookies, spectators, government and the game as well.” -Reuters

Can we wait for the official investigation before "you start jizzing your pants" in excitement. Major Sahib and CM PCB and High Commissioner are heading the investigation panel.

Await their report before posting provocative nonsense like "now!! why would they do that??"

that's exactly what i'm trying to ask! now.. why is it so nonsense & provacative question when all i asked is why were they withdrawn from the tour when nothing is proved? if you think you have an explanation to that effect, let's listen to it instead of you wetting your pants!!

It's standard protocol dude. When players are named for some allegations in the middle of tours, the emotions are high and it's best to not play them until their names get cleared.

Back
Top Bottom