What's new

Sri Lanka cancels on-arrival visa facility for Pakistanis

It's way cheaper than UAE but actually South East Asia is a way more value for money than Sri Lanka.. They have better standard of service and all around entertainment value than what SL currently have to offer.. SL tourism market is thriving because it's in a bubble as a frontier market.. Lots of tourists want to explore a country that has been closed for decades for the first time but that bubble will burst sooner than later.. There are very few second timers especially from Western markets due to sub standard service SL provide for the price they pay.. SL is no way a cheap destination for budget travelers.. They will face a sever crisis if the tourism industry is complacent on this boom and does not make the improvements

I understand your point. As usual this gover is gonna destroy the magnificient opportunity in tourism due to their incredible stupidity. but SL have excellent boutique hotels. Private sector is doing fine and there are second comers (going by the tripadvisor and tripreviews). For a traveller from pakistani if it is just vacation and sight seeing without that much shopping, SL is a good option and can be done with a low budget.

SL is different from Thailand and Colombo will never be Bangkok. These are two places and one will not replace the other.

It's way cheaper than UAE but actually South East Asia is a way more value for money than Sri Lanka.. They have better standard of service and all around entertainment value than what SL currently have to offer.. SL tourism market is thriving because it's in a bubble as a frontier market.. Lots of tourists want to explore a country that has been closed for decades for the first time but that bubble will burst sooner than later.. There are very few second timers especially from Western markets due to sub standard service SL provide for the price they pay.. SL is no way a cheap destination for budget travelers.. They will face a sever crisis if the tourism industry is complacent on this boom and does not make the improvements

what sort of improvement do u suggest?

troll!
Yes Rajapakse gove is THAT dumb.i have been saying it from the beginning. SL gov might not have directly instigated it, but all signs showed the possibility of it

This is your assumptions. No hardcore evidences.

and gov ignored it and publicly attended their ceremonies with them and did not stop their acts before and now safeguarding criminals....what else is that except dumb...........and you too were for them and protected BBS and supported it. Does not that make you dumb?

How can government stop BBS acts without a strong cause? If government could stop BBS by banning it like wise it could ban TNA, SLMC, Thwheed Jamath, every other NGO/INGO etc., Would you accept such a treatment?

mata mathakai aluthgama palaweni kade gini thibba welawe oya sathutin hitiya hati elakiri.....eke....

Ow....... hambayanta poddak danenna denna one rate bahuthare kawuda kiyala..... hamabayanwa hurathal kaloth un enne kare naginna.......

Instigating violence is a crime. Dont you know that? Not only Aluthgama, many incidents..

Then anyone can be arrested for instigating violence including your Ranil Wikramasinghe based on his speeches.

In a sane country Nanasara would have been stopped in 2012 April itself.

If they were stopped without a cause the whole thing could have gone viral and much more damage could have happened. BBS does not operate on TV and news papers, you know.

He is a citizen of the country like you, and there is nothing wrong in what he said. Asking to demolish 'illegal' structures and asking to 'damage legal property and kill' are different and latter one is an offence. Even i am of the opinion all illegal religious structures in road sides should be removed.

Then why can't Gnanasara cannot say what he like. Gnanasara is also a citizen of SL. Why this double standard?

"illegal" how you define the legality of Buddha statues? No one placed them in side Mosques? Sally had no right to say such a thing.

I understand your point. As usual this gover is gonna destroy the magnificient opportunity in tourism due to their incredible stupidity. but SL have excellent boutique hotels. Private sector is doing fine and there are second comers (going by the tripadvisor and tripreviews). For a traveller from pakistani if it is just vacation and sight seeing without that much shopping, SL is a good option and can be done with a low budget.

SL is different from Thailand and Colombo will never be Bangkok. These are two places and one will not replace the other.

what sort of improvement do u suggest?

Well clearly the standards of the services or competent rates to suit the standard.. Right now both the govt and the tourist industry is milking the western tourist market.. It wont last for long because sooner or later people will find alternative places that offer value for money

I agree SL should not emulate Thailand thats not what i meant.. But they need to offer then options of variety.. Especially those that just go there for the sun and the sea.. And i dont mean sex industry

Last edited:
This is your assumptions. No hardcore evidences.
Not assumptions, but clear evidence, For a rational person it is clearly evident gover's toying with BBS. I am not surprised you not being able to see it being the idiot you are. You can awaken a sleeping elephant but not the one who pretends to be asleep. whether you say it standing on your head, still it is clear gov has a hand in BBS...
whatever the wrong this gov had we thought this gover would have the commonsense and rationality to understand importance of internal stability and not letting nanasara like idiots to wreak havoc..but we were wrong. This gover proved to be incredibly dumb and even MORE stupid that i thought.

How can government stop BBS acts without a strong cause? If government could stop BBS by banning it like wise it could ban TNA, SLMC, Thwheed Jamath, every other NGO/INGO etc., Would you accept such a treatment?

There is a hell of a strong cause idiot, you dont see it because you are a racist and an idiot. BBS has burnt this country. That is the strongest cause. And i taught you how even trying to compare TNA and SLMC with BBS is wrong and stupid. Dont bring TNA or SLMC because these are political parties and have not done hate preaching like BBS. We have no problem with SLMC, with TNA may be..but still they function within the democratic scope and BBS does not. To make it more simple for you to understand BBS violate laws in SL while others do not. Got it idiot?

Ow....... hambayanta poddak danenna denna one rate bahuthare kawuda kiyala..... hamabayanwa hurathal kaloth un enne kare naginna.......
Dan katada danne na danila thienne..homba bima anagena dangalanawa. it is not without a reason i call you an idiot. then why did you ask whetehr rajapakse gov could be that dumb? kada keeyak puchchana eka da dumb? the greatest evil facing this country is having idiots like you.

Then anyone can be arrested for instigating violence including your Ranil Wikramasinghe based on his speeches.
where did Ranil instigate violence? Doint bring stupid arguments just because you have nothingt to say. Nanasara pakaya has done everything and said everything to place him behind bars. None have not have such a douchebag like mouth in SL except may be Mervin. At least mervin knows how to be politically correct. This nanasara pakaya is a bigger idiot.
I have told you several times why nansara pakaya should be behind bars. ha has threatened with violence and acted upon his threats with violence. There are video records. And his followers act violently and boast of their violence acts....You pakayas along with nanasara pakaya added another burden on SL people. Now apart from all the other problems Sl has to sort out another thanks to nanasara pakaya and his gon followers.

If they were stopped without a cause the whole thing could have gone viral and much more damage could have happened. BBS does not operate on TV and news papers, you know.
It is not without a cause. nanasara pakaya is the biggest threat or problem faced by Sri Lanka at the moment. Gover if MR had even a small brain would have stopped BBS soon after their racist campaign started in social media. It was clear it will turn out to be a big prrblem. But MR does not care abt country and does not have the brain to realize it will make his job more difficult. BBS have media.

Then why can't Gnanasara cannot say what he like. Gnanasara is also a citizen of SL. Why this double standard?
Because even with free speech you cant threaten idiot. If i come to your house and scream everydady that you dont deserve to live because you are incredibly stupid and i need to kill you and your ppl and damage things, I can get arrested. Dont you understand that?

"illegal" how you define the legality of Buddha statues? No one placed them in side Mosques? Sally had no right to say such a thing.
Placing buddha status or any religious statue in a PUBLIC road is illegal. It is an illegal construction.

Drive to Avoid Black Abayas in Sri Lanka

COLOMBO: A leading Muslim organization in Sri Lanka is conducting a campaign to persuade Muslim women to abjure the black abaya, the loose outer garment worn as a cloak to cover the body from the shoulders to the feet and wear coloured ones in order to make the Islamic sartorial custom acceptable to the Sinhalese majority in the country.

“Bring your black abayas, we will give you coloured abayas,” says an announcement from the Muslim Council of Sri Lanka (MCSL),a network of Muslim organizations.

“The back abaya and the niqab, the face covering which is less commonly worn, have been creating negative feelings among the majority Sinhalese-Buddhists. When everybody is in black, it gives the impression that we are a uniformed force. And the niqab has raised security concerns,” observed Mohammad Dahalan, Advisor to the All Ceylon Jamiyathul Ulama (ACJU).

One of the main reasons for the anti-Muslim feelings among the majority Sinhalese-Buddhists, which led to devastating riots in Aluthgama and Beruwela in June, is the cultural alienation of the Muslims from the Sinhalese. The Sinhalese feel that the Muslims have wantonly drifted from the general Lankan cultural milieu by adopting Arab culture wholesale. The increasing exclusiveness among Muslims has created fears about a secret dalliance with Islamic terrorism now sweeping the world - a concern expressed many times by Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa.

N M Ameen, President of MCSL said that new abyas are being made. Vice President Hilmy Ahamad said that the distribution will begin in ten days.

I thought the Ministry of Defence had instructed to cancel visa on arrival facility for all countries beginning 2012 as a security measure? I thought visa needed to be obtained electronically prior to arrival.

Wrong decision.. There are way more Indian overstayers and illegal immigrants than Pakistani's.. And most Pakistani's seeking asylum are religious minorities Christians and Ahmeddi's.. Unfortunately SL is not a signatory to UNHCR
Indians dont have visa on arrival facility.

Simply appalled about this.. These people are seeking help and the SL authorities and 'UN bureaucracy playing politics

Simply appalled about this.. These people are seeking help and the SL authorities and 'UN bureaucracy playing politics

How is this playing politics?

Your country is not an ashram or a run away home. Its a country meant for Sri Lankans, not Pakistani's who are dissatisfied with their life.

As such, SL is not obliged to give asylum to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom