What's new

Sri Lanka drops plan to buy fighters from Pak after India objects

Pakistan has zero chance of selling any major military equipment to India's neighbours.The last time it had the chance was when BNP was in power in Bangladesh.But with AL in power and BNP all but decimated Pakistan relations with BD are worst since early 70s.

P.S. the reports of JF-17 sale to Myanmar are likely fake too.In 2016 Myanmar budget out of $2.23 billion allocated for defence only $180 million is for air force's capital expenditure of which nearly $90 million is for 12 new Mi-17s($220 million spread over 3 years).$41 million for three MA-60 transports.$10 million for unidentified air defence radars.$15 million for aircraft and helicipter spares.$17 million for upgrading four air bases.
And only $7 million for miscellaneous

BTW based on the budget documents it is quite likely Myanmar Navy will order two additional BEL Sonars from India this year or next.

One more country added to the "mysterious clients list" of jf 17 :dance3::dance3:

I think there was only one Pakistani member who already knew this was coming and didnt dance before the party began... I think it was Stealth... :rofl::rofl:
The deal is most-likely of F-7PG and a few JF-17's for evaluation similar to the Nigerian order. SL may in the future go for additional JF-17's for naval strike roles.

Marketing techniques, Normally this is how new companies establish their products. Nothing big

Well we are talking about military products and at any case Lankas GDP is several times better than Pakistan's .
All I can see here is a business that seeking for a parity with India.

Well we are talking about military products and at any case Lankas GDP is several times better than Pakistan's .
All I can see here is a business that seeking for a parity with India.
Na, doesn't make sense...it is more of marketing gimmick because 8 means nothing and you are ready to make it to your seller without much impact to the books...once you are in and other side is engaged they have nowhere to go...and more importantly the real cost over the lifetime is maintenance and spares...fighter cost is a part of that...no??

same as in S-400 case :D

S400 is still in there and negotiations are still going on.

Na, doesn't make sense...it is more of marketing gimmick because 8 means nothing and you are ready to make it to your seller without much impact to the books...once you are in and other side is engaged they have nowhere to go...and more importantly the real cost over the lifetime is maintenance and spares...fighter cost is a part of that...no??

Perhaps you are right .But we should also consider the supplier economic condition.
SL has the top GDP in South Asia and Pakistan has the lowest.Its kind weird .Right?

Perhaps you are right .But we should also consider the supplier economic condition.SL has the top GDP in South Asia and Pakistan has the lowest.Its kind weird .Right?
Think about it as govt. expenditure to earn revenue later...you might not find it weird then...also 500 million is what Pak going to charge SL(if this goes through...) not an actual cost to them...

Think about it as govt. expenditure to earn revenue later...you might not find it weird then...also 500 million is what Pak going to charge SL(if this goes through...) not an actual cost to them...

What about China's share ?

The deal is most-likely of F-7PG and a few JF-17's for evaluation similar to the Nigerian order. SL may in the future go for additional JF-17's for naval strike roles.

May be. But no official statement from SL yet. This is a different ball game than Nigeria... I will not take it until we see it coming from SL govt.So far they have clearly denied this.

What about China's share ?
Well that is the contract b/w China and Pakistan so i am not sure how is this divided..if at all...as this is JV....having said that if profits needs to be divided then cost should as well...

Well that is the contract b/w China and Pakistan so i am not sure how is this divided..if at all...as this is JV....having said that if profits needs to be divided then cost should as well...

Then this so called credit on line was also Chinese help .Understandable.

Well you can't say for sure...however i wont be surprised if this credit line was actually given by GOP...already explained you why....

Interesting argument. While even a city state like Singapore has jet fighters, an island nation like Sri Lanka doesn't need one?

Srilanka can wait for....

Cheel Udi.jpg

Cheel Udi.... Kawwa Uda.... teja uda....:lol:

LOL man...Let it go :lol::lol: You cannot digest the news that Pakistan offered a credit line to SL(Irrespective of whether it is true or not)...And since then you are trying hard to prove it wrong..Your sorry Ego...Be mature...!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom