What's new

Sri Lankan monk sets himself ablaze over cow slaughter

ThinkLogic

Reaction score
Sri Lankan monk sets himself ablaze over cow slaughter | The Hindu

A monk in Sri Lanka has suffered serious injuries after setting himself on fire in front of the Temple of Tooth, a venerated Buddhist site in Kandy, to protest against the slaughter of cows, officials said.

“He was flown by helicopter to a hospital in the capital and is currently in a very critical condition,” said a hospital spokesman of the monk who has been identified as Bowatte Indrarathne.

A basic Buddhist belief is not to take any life.

Ah,so much love for his beloved,secret cow that he committed suicide?R.I.P to both!

Committing a suicide for an Animal, seriously? This monk is better off dead. Pointless for me to say RIP because he would be RIH.

Keep Up the Spirit ...

Cow is sacred for all Dharmic Religions ... Including Hindus , Buddhist , Jains & Sikhs ... Cow is considered as Mother...

Jai Gau Mata!!!

You are pathetic!! A man just died and you are encouraging this kind of behaviour.. Why dont you be the next guy to do the same and do the world a favour?

You are pathetic!! A man just died and you are encouraging this kind of behaviour.. Why dont you be the next guy to do the same and do the world a favour?
Not to mention that the glorification of such acts can be a encouraging factor for future suicides.

Committing a suicide for an Animal, seriously? This monk is better off dead. Pointless for me to say RIP because he would be RIH.

Its not about just an animal, its about belief.

If tomorrow say someone goes and releases a pig in a Mosque in Karachi, you ll see how many people will get killed over that. Pigs an animal too right?

P.S: Not trying to offend anyone, just giving an example.

Ur pathetic cause u dont know the Value of Mother ...

My way is Different ... i can take life to Save her... already help running a Gaushala in Navi Mumbai & my Native Village in Pandalam...

Pride of a Mother is more Valuable then ones Life ...

Back
Top Bottom