What's new

Featured SSK Agosta 90B Class Attack Submarine Information Pool

KSEW can manufacture ships and submarines using kits of materiel (KoM) from the original supplier.

This isn't assembling as there's still manufacturing involved (e.g., cutting steel). However, the KoMs would include all of the critical inputs such as the steel and engines.

Pakistan doesn't produce any of the inputs indigneously. So, with ToT deals or even original designs, all of the engines and steel have to come from abroad. We basically didn't advance much since the 1970s and used 50 odd years for development to ruin our industry.
Thanks @Bilal Khan (Quwa)

Please do update us on the Chinese Submarine's arrival and also about the prospect of Turkish Designs.

After the acquisition of 8 Chinese submarines, will PN going to replace this with Turkish options or will buy another modern version of the same Chinese SSKs to replace Agosta-90Bs?
I think EU options are still there :)

After the acquisition of 8 Chinese submarines, will PN going to replace this with Turkish options or will buy another modern version of the same Chinese SSKs to replace Agosta-90Bs?

A-90Bs are going through MLU so no replacement for next 10-20 years.

The 8 (or 9) subs will replace the 2 Agosta 70 class submarines, the rest will be new acquisitions. The 90B class is still a very very potent submarine, it’s just getting its mid-life upgrades and will serve till at least 2040 if not beyond. As for a future submarine project, Pakistan has shown interest in joining Turkeys MILDEN submarine program, I hope by the next time PN needs submarines, Pakistan will make its own based on that project or another similar joint project. If things go really well and our industrial base improves, we might even see a local design by then.

PN is still operating Agosta70's and you are talking about retiring Agosta 90's. Agosta 90 will serve for another 25/30 years

The hull has a life, using it beyond that exponentially increases the cost of operation and the risk of breakdowns, it would not be a good idea to keep them at all. The 90Bs and hangors are much quieter, stealthier, have longer range and better weapons. They can do anything the 70s can but better.
Pakistan is also producing SWAS midget submarines by itself, we saw the first one a few years ago, more have been produced since. Those are for any Secretive ops the navy might need to do. The modernized cosmos class is still in service as well, but I’m unsure for how long it’ll stay that way with the new ones being inducted.
Whats a SWAS?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom