What's new

Strengthening Cambodia-China ties alarm ASEAN neighbors

Little childish nationalistic paper article from Thailand.

They forget that Thailand itself operates Chinese warships and tanks.

Actually almost every ASEAN countries have Chinese weapons and strong military ties. Indonesia has China's anti-ship missiles, Cambodia has patrol boats, Thailand and Myanmar operate China's 053 frigates. And Thailand is considering buying new frigates from China based on type 054A.

Little childish nationalistic paper article from Thailand.

They forget that Thailand itself operates Chinese warships and tanks.

Actually almost every ASEAN countries have Chinese weapons and strong military ties. Indonesia has China's anti-ship missiles, Cambodia has patrol boats, Thailand and Myanmar operate China's 053 frigates. And Thailand is considering buying new frigates from China based on type 054A.

If you read the article carefully, the article does not actually concern on how China forging diplomatic and military relation with ASEAN countries instead of how danger the situation would be for Thailand if Cambodia got stronger and backed up by China, since Thai and Cambodia had armed conflict over a Temple, the last paragraph of the article says that.

China try to maintain good relations to both of the two countries. So it makes China in a place of a little bit of awkward. Thailand is currently (and will remain so) way stronger than Cambodia in both military and economic power. Some in Bangkok even claim to take the disputed territory by force. So they can't be happy to see their weak opponent becomes less weak.

But I don't think blame China is the way to do it. After all Thailand have (and is pursuing) more and more lethal weapon systems made in China.

If you read the article carefully, the article does not actually concern on how China forging diplomatic and military relation with ASEAN countries instead of how danger the situation would be for Thailand if Cambodia got stronger and backed up by China, since Thai and Cambodia had armed conflict over a Temple, the last paragraph of the article says that.

China try to maintain good relations to both of the two countries. So it makes China in a place of a little bit of awkward. Thailand is currently (and will remain so) way stronger than Cambodia in both military and economic power. Some in Bangkok even claim to take the disputed territory by force. So they can't be happy to see their weak opponent becomes less weak.

But I don't think blame China is the way to do it. After all Thailand have (and is pursuing) more and more lethal weapon systems made in China.

Cambodian can know it, China make her profit on conflict Thai - Cam. It's true face of double-facing friend China.

I understand that, China is in an awkward position, Thailand is a friendly country to China for decades while Cambodia is a potential market and ally, then China should try its best to maintain neutrality between the two countries, and the fact that China is selling weapons to both countries is good to show China's neutrality. :cheers:

But still, such response (blaming China) is natural for Thailand's writers, they hate to see their opponent becomes stronger, Thailand was always getting the upper hand during the Preah Vihear conflict with Cambodia. Imagine that Cambodia's artillery divisions able to retaliate Thai's barrage with the same devastating damage. That applies for any country which is facing their opponent's big potential of getting the upper hand.

Despite of that, it is the time for China to show the ASEAN countries that China comes with good intentions and does not mean to intervene with somebody else's war. :)

It is in China's interest to maintain peace and economic growth of the region but I would think that it is up to Thailand and Cambodia themselves to settle the disputes, peacefully, first. I don't think China will play 'the big brother' in the Thai-Cambodian issue.

It is important for both of the sides to realize that there are far more important things like trade and economic growth than firing across the jungle border land.

I understand that, China is in an awkward position, Thailand is a friendly country to China for decades while Cambodia is a potential market and ally, then China should try its best to maintain neutrality between the two countries, and the fact that China is selling weapons to both countries is good to show China's neutrality. :cheers:

But still, such response (blaming China) is natural for Thailand's writers, they hate to see their opponent becomes stronger, Thailand was always getting the upper hand during the Preah Vihear conflict with Cambodia. Imagine that Cambodia's artillery divisions able to retaliate Thai's barrage with the same devastating damage. That applies for any country which is facing their opponent's big potential of getting the upper hand.

Despite of that, it is the time for China to show the ASEAN countries that China comes with good intentions and does not mean to intervene with somebody else's war. :)

It is in China's interest to maintain peace and economic growth of the region but I would think that it is up to Thailand and Cambodia themselves to settle the disputes, peacefully, first. I don't think China will play 'the big brother' in the Thai-Cambodian issue.

It is important for both of the sides to realize that there are far more important things like trade and economic growth than firing across the jungle border land.
Absolutely agree with this....

This should be applied for SCS dispute too. I want to see China and ASEAN member settle the SCS dispute on the table, not on the battelfield.

Remember, there are far more important things like trade and economic growth than firing across the rocks over the ocean. :cheers:

Then do it yourself! Arrogant ugly troll. Am not doing anything for you arrogant ugly troll screw and your commie gods to hell see you in court! Anyway this the truth i can't really blame the Cambodians they need the money but i hope they are not selling their souls. I hope the best for them.
We don't need to cry, since we booted you off of our Huangyan Island. Why don't you cry to your American daddy about it, and see if we care. We'll be coming to reclaim the rest later, so why don't you pre-cry yourself to bed.

We don't need to cry, since we booted you off of our Huangyan Island. Why don't you cry to your American daddy about it, and see if we care. We'll be coming to reclaim the rest later, so why don't you pre-cry yourself to bed.

Sure whatever troll is that the best line you can come up with were did you copy that again its a shoal see get that right? and again your beloved china is a land mass while the Philippines is country of islands under International law we have control of island near and under our control and all of the resources under or otherwise is ours to do 200EZZ (The shoal is about 123 miles (198 km) west of Subic Bay. The nearest landmass is Palauig, Zambales) while the nearest china is as far as hell (1930.12miles or 3106.22km) which far face facts trolls you have nothing so see and cry me the ocean.

Sure whatever troll is that the best line you can come up with were did you copy that again its a shoal see get that right? and again your beloved china is a land mass while the Philippines is country of islands under International law we have control of island near and under our control and all of the resources under or otherwise is ours to do 200EZZ (The shoal is about 123 miles (198 km) west of Subic Bay. The nearest landmass is Palauig, Zambales) while the nearest china is as far as hell (1930.12miles or 3106.22km) which far face facts trolls you have nothing so see and cry me the ocean.
You cannot use UNCLOS to retroactively claim territories of other countries fool. Chinese government has had official claims to these islands since 1911 with the founding of Republic of China. Your American puppy master didn't even grant you independence until 1946. We have these islands in our hands, and we'll remove you from the rest of them. You cried so hard that you went to the UN to cry some more, except you won't get any results because UN arbitration requires two parties to agree to participate.

One more empty gesture from your banana republic, and one more solid island under control for us.

You cannot use UNCLOS to retroactively claim territories of other countries fool. Chinese government has had official claims to these islands since 1911 with the founding of Republic of China. Your American puppy master didn't even grant you independence until 1946. We have these islands in our hands, and we'll remove you from the rest of them. You cried so hard that you went to the UN to cry some more, except you won't get any results because UN arbitration requires two parties to agree to participate.

One more empty gesture from your banana republic, and one more solid island under control for us.

Again calling us names will not change facts and ya i know and i know you guys will not accept because you know yourselves that your illogical claims will not stand up because its illogical and stupid so if china will not accept it will lose its footing in the eyes the world so ya accept don't expect as as for military bullying just continue we are building up as well and we are not the only one you guys piss off a lot of countries even a colony of ants can kill a man so ya be arrogant be aggressive we don't care your in the wrong we are in the right so say all the things you want its trash to me or to anyone with a real opinion mao worshiper warmonger imperialist.

Again calling us names will not change facts and ya i know and i know you guys will not accept because you know yourselves that your illogical claims will not stand up because its illogical and stupid so if china will not accept it will lose its footing in the eyes the world so ya accept don't expect as as for military bullying just continue we are building up as well and we are not the only one you guys piss off a lot of countries even a colony of ants can kill a man so ya be arrogant be aggressive we don't care your in the wrong we are in the right so say all the things you want its trash to me or to anyone with a real opinion mao worshiper warmonger imperialist.
If a retard on the street saying he'll take you to court for your house, do you go to court with him or you laugh at him? Your country and your fellow countrymen are those retards, and we'll just laugh in your face.

Wow and threatening war (on everyone) is a smart move, Please! everything you people say is an mirror image of yourselves Don't make laugh you have nothing. Nothing good to say, no valid arguments, no valid evidence no nothing just the same arrogance warmongering idiotic hate speech on everyone while your stealing islands and resources that just idiotic to say things like that to me.

China will not take sides on the conflict. Both Cambodia and Thailand are friendly countries with China

The article was written by a western journalist. These people are best at wedging rifts between Asians

Wow and threatening war (on everyone) is a smart move, Please! everything you people say is an mirror image of yourselves Don't make laugh you have nothing. Nothing good to say, no valid arguments, no valid evidence no nothing just the same arrogance warmongering idiotic hate speech on everyone while your stealing islands and resources that just idiotic to say things like that to me.
Relevant point 1: Your country is an irrelevant beggar in the international stage, nothing more than an American pawn.
Relevent point 2: Your UN bid will fail since UNCLOS court does not accept unilateral arbitration unless both parties participate in the process.
Relevant point 3: Your country is completely shut out of Huangyan island and its surrounding waters. You will never set foot on it again.
Relevant point 4: Since your country is an irrelevant beggar, we'll treat you like one. You don't even get to negotiate with us anymore.
Relevant point 5: Your country is not worth waging war, since your military can't even put up a decent fight.
Relevant point 6: Since you are too retarded to know that both Thailand and Cambodia purchase military equipment from China, I suggest you shut your piehole on things you know nothing off.

Back
Top Bottom