What's new

Su-30 vs. F-35

@pakistani nationalist
oh yeah...u may very well start one
seems as if u r enjoying the whole bashing
b/w its a one off thread wer i have seen (chinese +russians +indians) on one side and (pakistanis+US) on the other.

@pakistani nationalist
yes it does when i see my pakistani frndz supporting a fighter which IN is most probably going to buy.
hurts a lot :-(

@pakistani nationalist
yes it does when i see my pakistani frndz supporting a fighter which IN is most probably going to buy.
hurts a lot :-(

Nope....... i aint a jealous india.:rofl:

Cry me a river.......... and YES INDIANS ON PDF DID COMPARE SU-30 WITH F-22 RAPTOR.

:rofl:

Im not sure if indian airforce will chose an LONGGGGGG DELAYED MRCA frm US.

And ur talkin abt F-35? anyways wat do i care...... maybe PAF will buy it.

Su-30 is not the most advanced fighter in PLAAF. it has been rumored in some chinese defence forums that the 5th gen. fighter of China has an appearance of F-22,YF 23 and T 50.Lets wait for the debut.

Also, one F-35 for three Su-30 is a pretty damn good deal in any Air Force's calculations. The US never had quantitative advantage over the Soviets/Russians, therefore, the objective of the ATF and JSF programs was to keep the scale tipped towards the US through dominant qualitative advantages. If you don't think so, well, US intelligence is not one to be overshadowed by overenthusiastic bloggers.

Don't you think that one F-35 for three Su-30 is too ambitious?:what::azn:

@FIGHTERFAN
want to know why it becomes US vs world in every forum
becoz US has killed more innocent people in this world than any of the factors including terrorism put together.
i cant imagine hoW US came to the decision of dropping nuclear bombs...gosh man they wer people.
US believes world is better without some countries
but rest of us believe world is better without a single country and thats US.
JUST GIVE A THOUGHT

A. Ask Dragon Emperor as he is the one who brought up the US vs China issue. Since he keyed on that I felt it was important to address it.
B. You must not know who Adolf Hitler is. He alone is responsible for more deaths than anyone I know of in history. The U.S. is not even close.
C. We dropped hydrogen bombs on two cities in Japan in the interest of ending World War II. Had we not, there would have been far more deaths than what occurred at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let's not forget that the US stopping Japan was a benefit to China since one of Japan's goal was to take Chinese land.
D. Your view is about the same as everyone else versus the US. As I said, when you're on top, everyone else is gunning to knock you off instead of working together.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Su-30 is not the most advanced fighter in PLAAF. it has been rumored in some chinese defence forums that the 5th gen. fighter of China has an appearance of F-22,YF 23 and T 50.Lets wait for the debut.

Actually the PAC FA T-50 is very much a combination of the F22 and YF23 without thrust vectoring.

Interesting you mention the YF23. It was actually a better 5th generation fighter than the YF22. The reason the US Government did not select it was due to "possible" costs and not having thrust vectoring (which in reality it really did not need). I also do not believe the YF23 fired any weapons so that pretty much eliminated it from the competition for good.

Too bad. The YF23 was a much more beautiful fighter and, were it had to be developed, it would have easily been the most advanced fighter ever. A lot of the technology developed by the YF23 was integrated into the F22.

As for the PAC FA -T50, it definitely looks like a pretty good fighter. Only time will tell how much technology Russia and India invest in it.

A. Ask Dragon Emperor as he is the one who brought up the US vs China issue. Since he keyed on that I felt it was important to address it.
B. You must not know who Adolf Hitler is. He alone is responsible for more deaths than anyone I know of in history. The U.S. is not even close.
C. We dropped hydrogen bombs on two cities in Japan in the interest of ending World War II. Had we not, there would have been far more deaths than what occurred at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Let's not forget that the US stopping Japan was a benefit to China since one of Japan's goal was to take Chinese land.
D. Your view is about the same as everyone else versus the US. As I said, when you're on top, everyone else is gunning to knock you off instead of working together.

Cheers.

just adding, that those nukes dropped were not hydrogen bombs

just adding, that those nukes dropped were not hydrogen bombs

Correct. Comparatively speaking the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki (as sad as it was) pale in comparison to the power of the nuclear warheads at least 5-10 countries now own.

The chinese fighter is based in the Mikoyan LMFS. The Mikoyan LMFS was a Mig 5th generation project. It was a further developement of the cancelled mig 1.44 The fighter was rejected by the russian goverment but mig continued with the project in hope of export. Later the chinese bought the design and the "J-XX" is a result of all this.

Here´s some info MiG's Fifth Generation Fighter Builds up New Momentum | ???????????????? ?????????

Actually the PAC FA T-50 is very much a combination of the F22 and YF23 without thrust vectoring.
The Pak Fa might look similar to those, but in terms of aerodinamics, surfaces controls is completely different. It has thrust vectoring.

Interesting you mention the YF23. It was actually a better 5th generation fighter than the YF22. The reason the US Government did not select it was due to "possible" costs and not having thrust vectoring (which in reality it really did not need). I also do not believe the YF23 fired any weapons so that pretty much eliminated it from the competition for good.

Too bad. The YF23 was a much more beautiful fighter and, were it had to be developed, it would have easily been the most advanced fighter ever. A lot of the technology developed by the YF23 was integrated into the F22.
The YF23 was a brand new design. It used newly developed technologies, but it was extremely costly, and the tech, risky, so the YF22 was the logical option, a proven, less costly and less risky design.

The Pak Fa might look similar to those, but in terms of aerodinamics, surfaces controls is completely different. It has thrust vectoring.

While this is true, there is no doubt there were some key design factors taken from both the YF22 and YF23.

The YF23 was a brand new design. It used newly developed technologies, but it was extremely costly, and the tech, risky, so the YF22 was the logical option, a proven, less costly and less risky design.

The YF23 used some of the front end technology directly from the F-15 (cockpit being one of them). While the airframe was completely new there were some parts that were interchangeable.

And regardless of price, it was certainly a more beautiful fighter than the F22 (which is ugly by any standards - yuck!). That's not to say the F22 is not a technological powerhouse, it's just not a beautiful design.

Back
Top Bottom