What's new

Suicide missile jets

btw if we can build indigenous UAVs thn y not a ucav??....i mean wat r constraints in building one??

btw if we can build indigenous UAVs thn y not a ucav??....i mean wat r constraints in building one??

well its money my friend,

there would not be much technical issues but what about the finance!

anyways there is a news about a private firm which have been making most of the UAV is converting one of them into UCAV with chines help and AWC is running that project, infact it is AWC converting that UAV into a UCAV with chines collaboration!

so get ready as it might be comming up soon!!

:enjoy:

Hi guys ,
This is my first post in this forum and I am not sure whether this is the right place to post it but anyways I will post it here to get feedback.

I was reading an article on a newspaper about how suicide bombing was invented by Muslims and I was thinking that we can utilize the same concept to create suicidal low cast fighter jet missiles.Something that no one has ever thought of before . Instead of spending millions on dollars on expensive fighter jets , have an unmanned stealth missile roaming around in the sky and controlled from some remote base and when it finds an enemy fighter jet in the range , the remote person just triggers the launch mechanism just like firing from a regular jet and the jet-missile uses heat seeking to hit the enemy jet . The real advantage here would be that they would be really low cost and thus the cost of shooting a jet like Su-30 MKI or similar would be justified .

Don't know if this is technologically feasible concept but just wanted to throw it to get interesting feedback

Zeb
Well an air defense system is confined to airspace of the country itself but here these missile jets can go into enemy airspace also . While I know that there is not enough technological advancement to make such concept feasible , my argument broadly refers to the manned planes becoming more of a burden meaning that putting a man in air and then using stealth technologies to hide the man and machine seems stupid.It would be much easier to incorporate stealth into an unmanned plane .
Regarding refueling , I am not necessarily suggesting that these missile-jets roam in air all time but rather be deployed in air from a regular aircraft at the time of conflict so they can advance into enemy airspace and perform their suicidal duties :flame: . Similar to the concept of Babur cruise missile but but having the capability of hitting an aerial target when triggered . A few thousand such missile-jets can provide aerial dominance easily.
Again just a crazy thought that I wanted to roam around
Zeb
We already have what you asked for, they are called guided weapons, be it gravity bombs or cruise missiles.

The pilot is the decision maker and his aircraft is the executor of his decisions. Having the pilot with the aircraft ensures the highest level of security and integrity of the link between the decision maker and executor. Of course, that would make the aircraft larger, heavier and costlier to manufacture and maintain. The longer the distance between decision maker and executor, the greater the odds of having that link somehow corrupted. Radio controlled vehicles are not new but because of unreliable technology as distance increases, remotely controlled weapons platforms have yet to become standard. That is why we have been trying to make weapons 'smarter' after we grant them autonomy -- weapons release -- from the launch platform. We give them multiple sensors to cope with the environments -- natural or manmade. We give them computer programs with varying degrees of sophistication to process the information those sensors produces. The higher the sophistication, the 'smarter' the weapon and the less human attention required after weapons release.

A 'weapon platform' or system, like an aircraft or even an aircraft carrier, essentially comprises of a delivery vehicle and a mean of destroying a target -- an explosive method. An aircraft carrier deliver aircrafts, which in turns deliver bombs or missiles. A bomb or missile can have multiple warheads, which in turn make the bomb or missile itself the delivery method of the explosive. So from a large weapon platform like an aircraft carrier down to a single bomb or missile, it is obvious -- to use as few delivery vehicles as possible to deliver as much explosive method as possible to the enemy. In other words, you want the REUSEABILITY of the delivery vehicle. A bomber is one delivery vehicle that carries 30 bombs, for example. Most likely the bomber will return to base and be rearmed. A missile, on the other hand, be it a small air-air combat missile or a MIRV-ed ICBM, is basically a throwaway weapon. The delivery stage, the rocket motor, is either discarded somewhere in the journey or be destroyed (hopefully) along with the target. If the target is destroyed, then your investment paid off, but if the level of guidance sophistication is inferior to the enemy and your missile missed its target, then you have just wasted a certain amount of money and possibly the conflict itself. That mean to have an attack force composes entirely of weapon systems of a 1-to-1 ratio of delivery vehicle to explosive would not be cost effective in the long term and increases the odds of losing the war.

The goal is to have a blend of manned and autonomous weapons appropriate for the targets. That is why the US have manned aircrafts that can deliver multiple bombs as well as autonomous cruise missiles. UAVs are still being explored and despite the recent successes in Afghanistan and Iraq, it will be the next generation of warfare, if possible, that UAVs will be the predominant weapon platforms.

I still believe that no tecnology or intelligent weapons (UCAV) will give you the result that a single man in a cockpit can give you.

I mean a typical bomber or jet fighter with a pilot is more lethal then an unarmed veichle.:sniper:

no one has ever thought of before

Wrong Americans are making a uav which will have 3 bombs obviously satellite guided on it while it self will also be a bomb so after it has used its ammo it will use it self as a bomb.
I am not sure what the uav is called but its in the works or already in production this project was started with pilot less long distance fighter jet so i guess when we see pilotless fighter jet we will see little suicide UAV.

And suicide bombing you so graciously gave credit to Muslims were started way before Kamikaze pilots werent muslims but japanies.

and not forget to mention that those who are involved in the suicide bomings are not muslims, they are all agents of enemy inteligence agencies. it has been said and reported a number of times that the medical examination of the suicide attacker shows that he was not a muslims.

even if some muslims are involved they are those working for the RAW of afghan inteligence ie all of them are the "northren allaince" people.

pakistan has been supporting taliban after russian war against the northren allaince and not they are being exploited by indian for harming Pakisstan!

so anyone involved in suicide is not a muslim!!

Back
Top Bottom