What's new

Sukkar: ISI office under attack

na na sir, this is more towards H & I sector side,

lets leave that discussion. ISI lives in the parallel world. harldy chaning much. I pick up their operatives and "unmarked" "civilian" vehicles just with one look.

that office by H & I sector (near Peshawar More junction is well known sadly. some half arsed bags and barriers and bored looking guards at the gate .

lets leave that discussion. ISI lives in the parallel world. harldy chaning much. I pick up their operatives and "unmarked" "civilian" vehicles just with one look.

that office by H & I sector (near Peshawar More junction is well known sadly. some half arsed bags and barriers and bored looking guards at the gate .
as you said , lets just leave it like that, but the building you are talking about is not the one am talking about,its residential area

Can we talk of solutions now?we all have analysed the lapses very well,but what possible measures must be to stop such attacks near future?

That is really the harder part. Can they be stopped or prevented? Some discussion here has centered on "insider" help or facilitation. If that is so; then the stakes get that much higher.
Most of all: the perpetrators of these attacks; can they be completely disconnected from any public assistance or sustenance to the point that the public will work actively to turn these guys in?

That is really the harder part. Can they be stopped or prevented? Some discussion here has centered on "insider" help or facilitation. If that is so; then the stakes get that much higher.
Most of all: the perpetrators of these attacks; can they be completely disconnected from any public assistance or sustenance to the point that the public will work actively to turn these guys in?

well Mr.Captain,Indeed situation seems quite complicated and we need proper solutions on larger scale,as the facts which are responsible for such catastrophe are inter-related to each other.

First we need to analyse that if insiders are involved in it,then why?

--They are ideologically more inspired/closed to talibans

--They were already working for talibans,recruited with planning.

I think that both points are obvious,for prevention I suggest:

--We must run a survey throughout the army,and in our intelligence agencies,in order to check the ideological,religious conception of our jawans,the causes of their dissatisfaction if any etc.

--We need to run proper,powerful media campaign against these terrorists thus answering all their false questions and other major plans to educate our people at every class about their actual mentality,we need to launch media war against them.

--We need to increase our security in red-alert areas.

--Since we have deployed both sectors,police and paramilitary,therefore it is not working;instead,they are collapsing with each other at some point,so we need to focus on their training,restrict Rangers to provide security to red-zone areas only,while in rest of the areas,police will be deployed,none of these are allowed to interrupt each other's work.

--We must work on to finish the pro-taliban mentality in our army,public etc.

well Mr.Captain,Indeed situation seems quite complicated and we need proper solutions on larger scale,as the facts which are responsible for such catastrophe are inter-related to each other.

First we need to analyse that if insiders are involved in it,then why?

--They are ideologically more inspired/closed to talibans

--They were already working for talibans,recruited with planning.

I think that both points are obvious,for prevention I suggest:

--We must run a survey throughout the army,and in our intelligence agencies,in order to check the ideological,religious conception of our jawans,the causes of their dissatisfaction if any etc.

--We need to run proper,powerful media campaign against these terrorists thus answering all their false questions and other major plans to educate our people at every class about their actual mentality,we need to launch media war against them.

--Since we have deployed both sectors,police and paramilitary,therefore it is not working;instead,they are collapsing with each other at some point,so we need to focus on their training,restrict Rangers to provide security to red-zone areas only,while in rest of the areas,police will be deployed,none of these are allowed to interrupt each other's work.

All that sounds good. However I would guess that a great deal of that is probably in place. Yet there seems to be an increasing trend of attacks on the Establishment; i.e. the PA, PAF, PN, IB, Rangers and Police and most of all ISI units/Estts.
What does that point towards?

All that sounds good. However I would guess that a great deal of that is probably in place. Yet there seems to be an increasing trend of attacks on the Establishment; i.e. the PA, PAF, PN, IB, Rangers and Police and most of all ISI units/Estts.
What does that point towards?
The only reason of their attack on establishment is to produce anarchy among the public,an attempt to produce,trust deficiency between subject and security sectors,they can be reduced if we locate the mindsets who have sympathy for them within.Whereas on the other side we keep on tracking down their nexus,diagnosing those elements who fund them as well.

The only reason of their attack on establishment is to produce anarchy among the public,an attempt to produce,trust deficiency between subject and security sectors,they can be reduced if we locate the mindsets who have sympathy for them within.Whereas on the other side we keep on tracking down their nexus,diagnosing those elements who fund them as well.

That may be reason certainly. But that only explains the "WHY" of what they are doing. Its getting to know the "HOW" that is critical.

BTW, have you read the book Talibanisation of Pakistan by Amir Mir?

Major Zeeshan Shaheed:

14c5f93.jpg

May Allah bless him...and give strength and patience to his loved ones...ameen

it all seems to be working in reverse
we got a CM in Balochistan whose brother is out in the mountains waging a war against the state of Pakistan and the brother has got the Baloch High court summoning Musharraf.
Musharraf is under arrest
the son of Burka aunty is filing a petition against Musharraf for "murdering" his father
sectarian mass murderers who admit to their murders in the court and tell the arresting police officers that they will have them and their family killed are freed and showered with rose petals
media analysts like Orya Makbul jan refuse to condemn TTP and keep their criticism for army and NATO
despite big terrorist acts this year which has claimed lives of hundreds of people in single attacks, not even a single arrested terrorist is found guilty and has been already freed or is enjoying full perks in the jails with access to mobile phones where he is able to direct attacks on target communities.

then we say the drones must be stopped and our sovereignty is violated when Americans come all the way to Abbotabad and do the job what we were meant to do

we got a CM in Balochistan whose brother is out in the mountains waging a war against the state of Pakistan and the brother has got the Baloch High court summoning Musharraf.
the son of Burka aunty is filing a petition against Musharraf for "murdering" his father
sectarian mass murderers who admit to their murders in the court and tell the arresting police officers that they will have them and their family killed are freed and showered with rose petals
media analysts like Orya Makbul jan refuse to condemn TTP and keep their criticism for army and NATO
despite big terrorist acts this year which has claimed lives of hundreds of people in single attacks, not even a single arrested terrorist is found guilty and has been already freed or is enjoying full perks in the jails with access to mobile phones where he is able to direct attacks on target communities.

then we say the drones must be stopped and our sovereignty is violated when Americans come all the way to Abbotabad and do the job what we were meant to do

bitter truth :hitwall:

hehe just repeating what I see and hear on daily bases. people are really fed up with this constant terrorism adn say that either Pakistani state should surrender to Taliban or ask someone else to do their job because our army, police and judiciary lacks the will and ability to defeat the taliban

Dear read both of your post you are right only to extent that people are really fed up with current situation, but there is a limit an organization can handle the situation.....we civilians are making them overburden......

No arm force of the world can deal with terrorism; they can only kill a terrorist but not the ideology & their strategic objectives.... Terrorism is a social evil in its basic...we even today not able to define a terrorist or terrorism in Pakistani perspective...whose failure is this.........arm forces or civilians...?

These suicidal attacks, bomb blast, are operational issues and we are falling at operational level because we have failed at strategic level.

You rightly said there is no will to challenge terrorist, but will comes from the leadership...
Taliban and their associates are not a single issue Pakistan has to deal with, we are facing 4 type of terrorism.....need to deal every kind with different strategy

Suicide bombers target ISI compound in Sukkur
KARACHI: A series of blasts rocked the southern town of Sukkur late Wednesday as militants rammed an explosive-laden vehicle into a compound of Pakistan’s premier intelligence agency, security officials said.

At least nine people were killed, including five attackers and four agency officials in what was an unprecedented attack in the otherwise peaceful town.

Police said the attackers detonated two bombs — one outside a police building and a car bomb outside the ISI office in the town, located around 500 kilometres from Karachi, the main city of Sindh province.

A police official said apparently a suicide bomber first blew himself up in front of a police building and then a second suicide bomber detonated the explosive-filled car outside the ISI office.

The terrorists had seized control of one government building, sparking a shoot-out between the militants and security forces in the high-security Barrage Colony area.

The exact number of casualties was still unclear as TV channels put the death toll between seven to ten but there was no confirmation from the hospital.

Sources told Dawn that four agency officials were among the dead including ISI's deputy director Maj Zeeshan, Azizullah, Asghar Ali and Nazeer Ahmed. There was no official confirmation of the death of the agency officials.

Major General Rizwan Akhtar, head of the paramilitary force, Sindh Rangers said that all attackers had been killed and the ISI compound had been cleared of the militants.

“All three militants who seized the compound have also been killed and the building completely cleared of terrorists,” said Akhtar.

He said the front wall and gate of the ISI office had been blown away by the impact of the first blast.

A senior police official said it appeared to be “an organised terrorist attack". Militants have launched such sophisticated attacks before, but Sukkur has been traditionally immune from such violence.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

In May 2009, a suicide attack outside a police building next to the local ISI headquarters in the eastern city of Lahore killed 24 people.

In November that year a powerful car bomb ripped through ISI's headquarters in the northwestern city of Peshawar, killing 10 people and destroying part of the fortified building.

A month later in the central city of Multan two suicide attackers fired at soldiers while driving a truck bomb past security checkpoints in an attempt to approach the local office of the ISI.

In another elaborately planned attack last year, militants attacked Kamra, a major airbase, and damaged an aircraft.

The year before, Pakistani Taliban gunmen attacked a naval base in Karachi, the country’s biggest city. Ten military personnel were killed in the 16-hour assault.

In 2009, they attacked the national army headquarters in the garrison town of Rawalpindi, close to the federal capital.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has strongly condemned the attack, which he said resulted in the “loss of precious human lives and injured many”.
—DawnNews correspondent Asif Mehmood contributed to reporting.

As things unfolded it turned out that major Zeeshan was the deputy director ISI who embraced shadat. This is a correction for post 44. Media was all confusing at that time and said that deputy director is ok, reporting killing of major Zeeshan who eventually turned out to be the deputy director. May his and all soul of all other martyred in the attack rest in peace, Ameen!

Yes,I agree,they are,so let us try to re-arrange/fix them Mr.Baloch,shall we?

Their tentacles are deeply penetrated in our most powerful sectors,it is so not easy to get rid off them at once,however,we can use some quick basic ideas.

Background:

--As we all know,now days,war strategy is changed,it is mainly dependent on two factors:
>Economy
>Media

--Once you are succeed in gaining control over/damaging those two sectors of opposing country,you have won the 45% battlefield.
Unfortunately,Pakistan has not only lost control over media but her economy is also heavily damaged.while our rest 2 powerful sectors are also in the hand of insincere mindsets,so current situation is:

Economy:Heavily Damaged
Media:Insincere Mindsets/foreign investment
Judiciary:Insincere Mindsets/corruption
Government: Corruption

Suggestions:
We cannot get rid of such damages quickly,but we can work on quick remedies:

--As I said earlier,that media war must be launched against them,but I didn't said that we should be dependent upon old civilian,benefit seeking bats only,I have multiple times criticized media for irresponsible behavior,that is why I suggests that security sectors must inject it's own think-tanks,in such a way, to reduce the poisonous effects of these pro-Taliban mindsets.

--We can use media against corrupted mindsets (in every sector,judiciary,government ministers,even journalism) and keep on working on exposing them,and if anyone tries to pressurize that those think-tanks can use same strategy,attack on free media,attack on freedom etc,I suggests government must launch it's own channels,radio stations,once you have your own channels working for you,then it will be much easy for you to run your campaign and unmask their faces.

--It is time for our intelligence agencies to play some cards against these benefit seeking cowards,I will keep on saying that we can bring change even if we work on simple basic steps.

That may be reason certainly. But that only explains the "WHY" of what they are doing. Its getting to know the "HOW" that is critical.

BTW, have you read the book Talibanisation of Pakistan by Amir Mir?
This why and how are inter-related to each other,once if we have work on why,we will automatically diagnose how,but we must work on immediately,instead of standing in a state of bewilderment.
I have not read the book Mr.Captain,and I thank you for sharing the name,I will Inshallah read it

our army and governments cant even follow those orders. what you call "our own people" were called Takfiris and Khawarij in the history of Islam. they silled the blood of Muslims like wat
today tell me how many kafir invaders have TTP killed? now compare how many people TTP has killed (even those who support Osama & your Mullah Omar)
Sir Kharjis are completely different case first know who they were and what they taught than come and if you want start this debate than for your information Sir your Army betrayed Muslims by allowing Americans to attack Muslims in Afghanistan and also in Tribal areas they betrayed Muslims they betrayed his PROPHET SAW

Back
Top Bottom