What's new

Sultan of Brunei bans Christmas 'because it could damage faith of Muslims'

Never been to Brunei, but i have definitely been to Sabah, spent some time in Sarawak as well. You're right man, the beaches , the food, the people there are gorgeous. The land of purity, imho.

Never been to the Indonesian side of Borneo. Will have to explore more !

Yet India is the 2nd largest nation with Muslims. I think there are over 200 million Indian Muslims, yes?

In terms of most Muslims it is:

1. Indonesia
2. India
3. Pakistan
Very correct assessment, you are really good

Very correct

Over 200 million Muslims in India. And despite some minor sectarian violence here and there, to a vast degree, Indian Muslims assimilated into the Indian Republic. Even despite the fact that the majority of the country is Hindu.

That is to be respected !

There are more Muslims in India than Pakistan; to put it to perspective !!

Over 200 million Muslims in India. And despite some minor sectarian violence here and there, to a vast degree, Indian Muslims assimilated into the Indian Republic. Even despite the fact that the majority of the country is Hindu.

That is to be respected !

There are more Muslims in India than Pakistan; to put it to perspective !!
Yes, but I think government is not doing enough to assure the minorities Specially Muslims. Their insecurity is manipulated in fear by some groups and unfortunately our political system is deeply involved in creating insecurity among various religion and castes
Most of the news in Indian media about intolerance is politically motivated to increase vote banks, one good example is recent election in state of Bihar
Btw sir its no big deal Muslims are as much Indian as us Hindus, we are living together since ages,
In my opinion the partition was also mainly politically motivated to feed the egos of few elites (Nehru, Jinnahetc)

Yup, true, not bad at all. Only 1 victim death (Ahmadiyah), but Western media start exaggerating that for times to times.

They banned Muslim to celebrate it, read that article once more.......

that's what my point is why Muslim's faith is that week I celebrate eid with my Muslim friends but I am still Hindu. I celebrate Christmas by remaining a Hindu with stronger faith. I respect them so I know It will not damage me in anyways.Why a Muslim (except many Indian Muslim) can not do this. Why they are okay to be forced to boycott anything. weather they like Christmas or not is different matter

that's what my point is why Muslim's faith is that week I celebrate eid with my Muslim friends but I am still Hindu. I celebrate Christmas by remaining a Hindu with stronger faith. I respect them so I know It will not damage me in anyways.Why a Muslim (except many Indian Muslim) can not do this. Why they are okay to be forced to boycott anything. weather they like Christmas or not is different matter

Religion is religion, friend is friend. The principle is that we know that our belief is the right one, so by celebrating other belief means we can harm non Muslim people by sending message that your religion is still OK.

We dont want to see bad future for other human, thats why we do that. It is part of kindness.

We also dont want to make our God angry by celebrating other religions day like Christmas as our God has sent prophet to fix previous religion. And of course what I said is based on our perspective (Islam).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We were talking about Muslim who celebrate Christmas to avoid misunderstanding of other poster who just see this post

But regarding the topic of this Thread, as I said earlier, in many Muslim countries including mine, Christian has the right to celebrate their religious day openly. And of course they should.

Religious freedom is the idea initiated by the earliest Muslim (during prophet Mohammad). You need to see Madinah Charter at google.

Last edited:
Before European conquer you, you are a Sultanate by the way.....:D

Manila itself an Arabic word.

Well several sultanates across the archipelago, with Manila being just one of those several sultanates. :-)

Religion is religion, friend is friend. The principle is that we know that our belief is the right one, so by celebrating other belief means we can harm non Muslim people by sending message that your religion is still OK.

We dont want to see bad future for other human, thats why we do that. It is part of kindness.

We also dont want to make our God angry by celebrating other religions day like Christmas as our God has sent prophet to fix previous religion. And of course what I said is based on our perspective (Islam).

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But as I said earlier that in many Muslim countries including mine, Christian has the right to celebrate their religious day openly.

Religious freedom is the idea initiated by the earliest Muslim (during prophet Mohammad). You need to see Madinah Charter at google.

you statement is confusing. Muslims always says that their is only one god but here you are giving different perception.How can you respect others when you don't respect other 's living style,their beliefs your statement is clearly making your religion intolerant to others I don't think every Muslim is thinking like this

Christmas Day is a shopping festival in China. Has nothing to do with European original tradition, but the atmosphere is peace and happy.

that should be the spirit its same here in India .

you statement is confusing. Muslims always says that their is only one god but here you are giving different perception.How can you respect others when you don't respect other 's living style,their beliefs your statement is clearly making your religion intolerant to others I don't think every Muslim is thinking like this

What is not clear there...?

And yes my interpretation is mine, not imitate from those Brunei Ulama or others saying that Muslim should not celebrate Christmas over fear of that Muslim fate themselves.

By the way I must work Today, why dont just end this discussion.

Hey,our faith is not endangered by christians celebrating christmas in their community or along with others:

Christmas-Festival-and-Activities-In-Pakistan-580x396.jpg

christians-in-pakistan-news-posts8.jpg

article-2078371-0F43DDD100000578-634_634x482.jpg

549abaae25fd8.jpg

and yet nothing happened to our faith,lol

regards

Last edited:
Christmas Day is a shopping festival in China. Has nothing to do with European original tradition, but the atmosphere is peace and happy.
Yep, gonna shop crazily tomorrow.
I want some new sport gear, but too pricey without discounts.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom