What's new

Supreme Court asks Centre to reveal all names in the #BlackMoney list tomorrow

Kind of off topic
While the supreme court being actively monitoring things is a good thing, I hope it doesnt become a fight between the court and the government for power.
Might be wrong about it, but can the court decide how to investigate..? or can the court decide whether a plan to clean up the Ganga is viable or not...these things seem like they dont need to be done by a court. Sometimes I feel the court wants to do too much...

But being investigated because your name is on the list, doesn't make you guilty! I read that one of the first names on the list admitted to have a foreign account, but that he was an NRI when he opened it, which is not illegal at all. Also interesting the economical implications of these hyping of names in the public, without "proving" that the names are guilty, with shares of companies of these named people dropping rapidly, even if the company itself is not related to the case.
This is exactly why the names can't be and WON'T be released- only those individuals where is is evidence of actual wrongdoing by Indian authorities. The Finance Minister Jaitley said this himself. They are not planning to release all names on the list, only those who Indian authorities have reason to believe actual crimes have been committed.

This is exactly why the names can't be and WON'T be released- only those individuals where is is evidence of actual wrongdoing by Indian authorities. The Finance Minister Jaitley said this himself. They are not planning to release all names on the list, only those who Indian authorities have reason to believe actual crimes have been committed.

The investigations doesn't necessarily need to be related to the foreign accounts or? He said that the evidence gathered, were done by independent investigations from Indian sources. So if you have a name on the list and want to make it public, you need to havy any charge against them, not necessarily one for black money right?
However the point was, that these investigations are still not any proof of guilt, there is something to be investigated and it will be done, depending on the outcome we will see if the person is guilty or not, but that outcome will take a lot of time and the media surely won't hype it as much as they do the discussions now, nor if any high profile name comes out.

We want big fishes and not just smaller ones. Hope BJP won't disappoint us.
Big or small all those rats have to be thrown in to thier cage,out of those 3names released one was of a woman who own a mining industry which is said to be carring out its work illegaly,there have been many cases filled against her,but cos she had connection with the higher ups,she never found her self behind bars. Though releasing all of those name could help some/many of'em escape imprisionment,as their respective banks are suggesting'em to move their money sooner than later. Hove this are done in a planned manner.

Do we? Do we really want only the big hype in the media, or do we want the black money back and more over the reduction of black money at all? Names in the public to point fingers simply doesn't improve the situation. We have running cases against names the UPA government provided to the SC years ago and the case is still ongoing. Same will be the case with any name the NDA now brings, because we all know that these cases will take years till a result is clear and even if they are convicted, we can only charge them in India, but getting the money back from foreign countries is a totally different case, since they are not bound to Indian law. That's where foreign politics will be the important point to change things. But at the end of the day, most of the blackmoney is in India itself and why don't we try to get that first, under Indian laws, without foreign politics needed?
If India wants to change, it has to do it in India first, be it cleaning the country or fighting corruption and blackmoney!

But being investigated because your name is on the list, doesn't make you guilty! I read that one of the first names on the list admitted to have a foreign account, but that he was an NRI when he opened it, which is not illegal at all. Also interesting the economical implications of these hyping of names in the public, without "proving" that the names are guilty, with shares of companies of these named people dropping rapidly, even if the company itself is not related to the case.
Are you refering to Dabur? Yes,its share fell down 8% yesterday ,and its yet to be found if he's guilty or not. Though i some heavy weight mining compines names pops up into that list,wonder how bjp would react cos vedanta group is close to bjp,not to forget the election money they provide to cong & bjp aswell.

Last edited:
Most of the black money is in India itself. Real estate sector is running primarily on this.

If SC wants to handle this, will be better for Modi. He can focus on governance. The Judicial accountability bill has caused much heartburn in SC and such comments are understandable.

I don't agree at all. It is the SC that is being very active on this front and demanding the GoIs take action on this front. But, like I have said, you can't just name and shame people, India needs to actually charge these people otherwise the treaties that have led to such names being handed over will be breached and no other tax haven will want to cooperate with India. This is how it has to be, now these individuals will be further investigated and where possible charged.

This can't be covered up now the electorate won't accept it and it seems the SC and GoI are on the same page on this issue (that, perhaps, wasn't the case with previous GoIs).

It's too good to be true to think that SC will release names to the public even if that certain individual is under investigation. By doing this.. SC has stopped govt from releasing any more names against whom they have tangible evidence, like the ones they released yesterday. All SC will now do is to handover the names to certain investigative agencies.. & rely on them to do the needful, which may drag on till the eternity. Involved individuals will try to scuttle the investigation by colluding with the agencies..like the ones happened in coalgate & 2G scams where the culprits could barge in to CBI director's yard at their will! But no one can ask questions to Govt anymore.... SC just provided them with a much needed alibi.

Last edited:
Are you refering to Dabur? Yes,its share fell down 8% yesterday ,and its yet to be found if he's guilty or not. Though i some heavy weight mining compines names pops up into that list,wonder how bjp would react cos vedanta group is close to bjp,not to forget the election money they provide to cong & bjp aswell.

I guess so, remember something about 8 to 9% down and that only caused by the hype. This is a political battle in general and the result is pretty much the same either. Ahead of the elections I asked out of interest, if it wouldn't be the best for India to elect the AAP, if the nation actually wants "change", especially wrt corruption scams, since the 2 big parties / coalitions have a history with corruption cases and not actually working against it. Today I saw a debate in the TV about black money, where a member stated that UPA and NDA are basically the 2 different sides of the same coin, which is why the results and policies are often the same and that reminded me on my question back then.
If not even the overwhelming support of the Indian public in the elections, made NDA to show real changes (in this field) to what the UPA has done earlier, then the hope of change in India is pretty low isn't it?

More than high profile names and all these political blame games (as if we don't know that politicians on all sides have black money somewhere), is change in restricting black money to increase and how to actually get it back, even if it's in India itself only.
Here in Germany the government for example took an alternative route, which might work in India too. They investigated and gathered infos on possible black money account holders, but in some cases the investigations have just started, proves are not fully clear and going to court and get a decision takes time too. So they informed the people which are under investigations, that they have gathered infos about them and that they will push a hard investigation into the court, UNLESS...they decide to work with the authorities and admitting about these accounts and provide all necessary data on their own. The government in return, will investigate the issue quietly then, would not send these tax frauds to jail and they only have to pay the money back from a certain period of time that will be investigated.
The result of this 2nd option, instead of a public case and the possibility to go to jail was, that many people reported themselfs at the authorities, provided the necessary documents and accounts and the whole process of "getting the money back" was dramatically faster. The people simply feared a rigorous investigation and hard punishment and took the easier way out. The government was able to get large ammounts of money back, in far less time, even though the public might not know exactly which big fish had how much money in such accounts at the end.

The GoI (Jaitley) have said the relevant Indian agencies are working on cases against the individuals on the list and will soon be pressing official charges against them- you are right that the releasing of the names is utterly meaningless.

it is more about WALKING THE TALK

while in opposition Jaitly BJP Namo made a ruckus about revealing the names

now they are in Govt - they are the govt they should make the whole list public

will they WALK the TALK ?

Why the big issue of releasing names? WTF are we gonna do with the goddamn list anyway?

What we need is the black money to come back to India pronto, which I fear is never going to happen except for a few crores at the most. And Rajnath Singh during his election campaign had said that the BJP would get back all the black money - enough to fill the pockets of every Indian with Rs 15 Lakhs!!

Here's a gift to Rajnath Singh.....

tumblr_inline_mvgdd2lHSS1qdmrzf.gif

no it was not only rajnath singh

why are your forgetting modi

even modi had said that everyone every indian can get 15-20lkhs per head and
jaitly had said that we wont need to pay income tax ever

why are you sparing those people - modi & Jaitly

Names in sealed envelope? So that means they won't be made public na? I doubt even 10 of these 100 will get penalised, the cases will go on forever and ever no to mention they all might have already devised strategies to move money or found other judicial loopholes to mock the system. Only good thing I see is that its a win win for the government as they no longer have to keep taking the blame.

Kind of off topic
While the supreme court being actively monitoring things is a good thing, I hope it doesnt become a fight between the court and the government for power.
Might be wrong about it, but can the court decide how to investigate..? or can the court decide whether a plan to clean up the Ganga is viable or not...these things seem like they dont need to be done by a court. Sometimes I feel the court wants to do too much...

but the question is why has it reached a stage where courts needs to remind the govt of the functions hich the govt is supposed to be doing ?

why did the court ask for the whole list ?

because the govt is not doing anything about it ............. its that simple

if the govt had acted before the courts decisions the courts wouldnt hsve intervened

@RKO @halupridol @the-huskar @zoo tinali
Brothers, time for readying some popcorn and wait for names to be revealed.

Also time for replenish ammunation ( Rotten eggs, tomatoes, bih jolokiya chilly plus Danda as a desert ). Time to kick courupt traitors where sun dont shine.
I would love to hit kongresian with a rotten egg!!

@RKO @halupridol @The Huskar @zootinali
Brothers, time for readying some popcorn and wait for names to be revealed.

Also time for replenish ammunation ( Rotten eggs, tomatoes, bih jolokiya chilly plus Danda as a desert ). Time to kick courupt traitors where sun dont shine.

I know I am over excited but I hope a time comes in the future when public does its own justice to all those corupt rats who has eaten up publics hard earned money.

Last edited:
can someone explain to me ,,,why Indians had to open a Swiss bank account in the first place?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom