What's new

Swiss Tourist is gang-raped in India

I think it has to do alot with sexual frustration in indian society - this reprehensible behavior.

Sad news, i think Indian censor board should come up with some regulation for Bollywood. Indian movies, dramas etc. are going too much liberal. Eastern culture is now almost missing from their themes. In my view, such media onslaught can only create more and more sexually sick perverts. This is not only true for India but Pakistan as well.

Your conservative views are exact opposite of what is needed.

If one isn't open about sex culture, how do you expect society to open to more serious topics such as Rape, Marital Rape or Child Sexual Abuse, STDs like HIV etc?

When a society continues to maintain sex-topics as taboo, its all closed doors for more sex-related serious topic.

This terrible news will further damage the picture of India, I am afraid.

I don't think so. The max that can happen Swiss Govt might give Swiss women tourist a warning on travelling alone in India.

This incident will be forgotten and passed. More importantly the emphasis should be how to prevent further such cases.

Indian guys have no game.

Thats why they resort to rape to satisfy their sexual desires.

I say bring the death penalty for any rape case.

This another mis-interpretation.

Rape is more to do with power over the victim than sexual desire.

Though it can be a motivator in this case.

Problem with rape statistics is that it depends on the country's attitude towards rape issues. In Canada, for a woman to step forward and say she was raped is not taboo nor is it damaging to her reputation. Therefore, she is less likely to feel inhabited to face the accused in a court of law. In countries where rape victims become further victimized, she'll feel limited in her options. Those are often the same countries that have a legal system that isn't well equipped to handle this sort of thing.

My heart goes out to the rape victim and her assaulted husband. May she overcome her ordeal and find peace.

Couldn't have put it better. :tup:

There's a saying in our part.....distant drums sound sweet but too close and the head starts pumping.
No doubt this incident has given India all the publicity they were trying to hide.

This as retarded as it gets.

If it was negative publicity in the first place,

Why didn't GOI move a media censor on Delhi Rape case ? or Why didn't GOI move to stop protest on rape all over India?

This is the most thanked post in an Online Swiss Forum:
India - population 1.2 billion. Most tourists come back un-raped. I think saying "you go to India, don't be surprised and complain if you're gang raped" is a bit (!) stupid.

The following 25 users would like to thank adrianlondon for this useful post:
Courtesy:AdrianLondon.

This as retarded as it gets.

If it was negative publicity in the first place,

Why didn't GOI move a media censor on Delhi Rape case ? or Why didn't GOI move to stop protest on rape all over India?

That was a high profile incident.....my previous post should suffice to extend on your question.

I don't think so. The max that can happen Swiss Govt might give Swiss women tourist a warning on travelling alone in India.

This incident will be forgotten and passed. More importantly the emphasis should be how to prevent further such cases.

Of course this will have a lasting damage on India.

A lot of tourists will stay away from India but that is only one aspect of the damage to Indian internationally.

India is now equated with gang-rape like Pakistan is equated with terrorism. It may be unfair but that is the way it is.

Mass need to be more civilized.... Indeed shameful incident....

What a tragedy...

Now why would they've been camping in the middle of nowhere without any security? Naive people they are.

Why? Did they think India is a land of angels as western media some time try to portray. Well, welcome to stinky reality and hope India loving tourists will put some sense to their headless brain before visiting that rape craze country. Hail India.

Thailand for example has the highest number of prostitutes in the world (not that it is a great thing).

But their tourist industry is doing fine partly since many Westerner men go there for....."a certain type of tourism" :D

A nation's image matters when it comes tourism. And often requires a careful balance.

India is now equated with gang-rape like Pakistan is equated with terrorism. It may be unfair but that is the way it is.

^^^Quoted for truth. Western media can play pretty dirty.

I think Now we should Start Posting About Rapes In Pakistan ........and By Pakistanis .which Surpass Indians By Huge .

lol.

Will that help you sleep tonight?

no , Just hoping Mod will keep promises not to post Rape incidents again and again , it's not something extraordinary news .

lol, living in lies, after all you do live in "shining india" :lol:

well we don't live in lies , But if i started posting about Rape did by Pakistanis and also involving religious factors then this thread will be very small place to you for running.

That poor couple was camping . They must have planned for months collecting money and dreaming of the joy and peace they would feel while on their vacation but they met with a terrible incident . I feel sorry for that couple and as for the animals who did this such men can be present anywhere so we shouldn't bash indians as I am sure not all of them are rapists plus dont forget they have a handsome muslims population so they indeed have some sane people .It also is a fault of that couple as there are so many beautiful peace full places across plant why to come to such a place which many humanrights activits now want to be called rapistan instead of hindustan . Goa see every year dozens of such incidents and its across india delhi,kolkata,bombay chennai nothing is save for a woman but their problem cant be solved as they are unfortunate enough to be born in india but atleat these foreign tourists should avoid india infact I feel the best thing would be to ban your nationals from going to india for vacations and especially with your wife's and daughters as you never know what destiny awaits you.

This is another sad and disgusting incident. I don't understand what is wrong with these people. These guys should be punished severely.

Now dear Albatross....the lines (dont forget they have a handsome muslims population so they indeed have some sane people .)....what do you mean by that?? Could you please elaborate....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom