What's new

Syed Ali Geelani's Letter to Sheikh Hasina Wajid

Fasih Khan

Reaction score

Chairman APHC Mr. Syed Ali Geelani has requested the Bangladeshi prime minister to stop persecuting Jamat e Islami and to immediately release 90 year old professor Ghulam Azam along with the other Islamic leaders. In a letter to Sheikh Hasina Wajid the veteran leader said that the government action against the Jamat Islami leadership is uncalled for and can prove detrimental for the country. He sa...id that the cases of sedation that are being filed against Jamat islami leadership in the country are fictitious. He termed the government action as political vendetta. He said that the cases of war crimes were settled in the period of Sheikh Mujibur Rehman itself. Sheikh government after due investigation had held 195 officers as guilty of war crimes but they were later let off after a meeting of the external affairs ministers of India Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Bangladesh had charged 37471 persons under collaborators order but 34623 people were later let off due to lack of evidence. Cases were held against 2848 people among whom 752 people were charged as guilty. Government later declared a general amnesty in 1973. Mr. Geelani wrote to Sheikh Hassina that the people who were not even arrested during that operiod are now being charged after 40 years which shows that the actions are political in their nature. He termed it as direct violations of international laws and detrimental to the image of this country.

Geelani further added that the Jamati Islami leadership remained aloft from during the struggle for the creation of Bangladesh as it believed that if this country was carved out with India support it will become a satellite state of India. If Indian involvement was not feared the Jamat leadership would have n objection in participating in the movement.
Mr. Geelani said that the fears of Jamat leadership at that time are realities today .India during the past forty years has proved that it is not a friend but a foe of Bangladesh. If it would have been a friend it would not have sponsored an insurgency in Chitagong.

Mr. Geelani wrote to Sheikh Hasina that if India would have been sincere to Bangladesh it would have done justice in water distribution with the country.BSF would not have been killing innocent Bangladeshis on a regular basis. He said whatever the reasons behind the creation of Pakistan every muslim of the world .today wishes for a stable Bangladesh.

He said that Prof Ghulam Azam and other Jamat Islami leaders are well-wishers of the country ad their patriotism cannot be doubted. He further added that being 90 years old the health of Prof Ghulam Azam does not allow his persecution.

He said that the arrest of people for their political ideas is unacceptable in democratic setup. He requested the prime minister to allow jamat islami and other religious organizations to work in a democratic way. He also asked international agencies to intervene in the matter.

(Via page: Qaid-e-Inquilab Syed Ali Geelani)

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Prosecution of war criminals is a ploy to rout out Jamaat leadership from the mainstay politics of BD. The trial will not end before the next general election when AL leaders will request another term for themselves so that they can go with the trial.

@ This is a master plan of Indian politic.

@ In 1971 and after 1971 in a planned manner all non-Bengalees were killed what we lately realized.

@ All muslim oriented political leaders were systematically killed and eliminated from the society.

@ Even I have a lot of doubts that intellectual killing were planned and killed by RAW itself.

@ Many Pir, Fakir and Mashiak were even killed by the Indian Armies during their occupation in 1971/72 in Bangladesh.

Why do Indians have to poke their huge nose every where it does not belong?

Why do Indians have to poke their huge nose every where it does not belong?
The same reason why U and the old bat poke their nose into unwanted things....

can't Bangladesh get rid of this illiterate jamatis (posing as intellectuals) and make progress in economy and become a great country?

At least they are better educated than the Awami League :rofl:

U are shameless ...
International policies change, BD citizens, atleast in pdf here dont like india for its actions in recent past....
But u are questioning ur freedom gotton by us?
Each weapon, bullet used by mukhti bahini are sponsored by us, without us, ur BD sisters and mothers would have been raped or killed....
I am not asking u or ur country to behave like a servant now jamaati, atleast dont make fun of ur own leaders of past and the past history of 1971....
If u dont wanna show ur gratitude, atleast dont talk bad about the past where many BD people have lost their lives for sake of freedom...
What did u do jamaati?
U are just whining here ingratitude wr***h...

Don't waste your energy man you are a Hindu and that's enough to be hated from Bangladeshis members here.Hard but true

U are shameless ...
International policies change, BD citizens, atleast in pdf here dont like india for its actions in recent past....
But u are questioning ur freedom gotton by us?
Each weapon, bullet used by mukhti bahini are sponsored by us, without us, ur BD sisters and mothers would have been raped or killed....
I am not asking u or ur country to behave like a servant now jamaati, atleast dont make fun of ur own leaders of past and the past history of 1971....
If u dont wanna show ur gratitude, atleast dont talk bad about the past where many BD people have lost their lives for sake of freedom...
What did u do jamaati?
U are just whining here ingratitude wr***h...

Welcome to PDF ... Situation in reality is totally different in reality

In a letter to Sheikh Hasina Wajid the veteran leader said that the government action against the Jamat Islami leadership is uncalled for and can prove detrimental for the country..
]

if gilani is a leader..................I am the President of India

I can post videos about How Baloch people want to separate from Pakistan.But I won't do that as it will bring me on your level and it's not very good thing

Balochistan cannot be compared with Kashmir. They are totally different issues.

There is no foreign claim on Balochistan. Iran has Balochis too. They are not interested in grabbing the region. The issue here in this case is nothing but civil in Pakistan.
If you disagree with me, then tell me why they supported Pakistan's will of partition?
Another thing to add here is the fact that this movement truly began after Bugti was assassinated ((2002-03 somewhere around there).

Kashmir issue was started in 1940s. There are 2 countries that want to occupy Kashmir. It has been divided among: Pakistan, India, China.
The case here is an international conflict, a territorial gain conflict. If Kashmiris want to be part of Pakistan then its their right to decided where they want to live.

Insh'Allah Awami league will be thrown out through next election and then put them on trail for treason. I welcome Sayed Geelani's letter. As a matter fact, Islamic world should intervene and force Awami league to free those Islamic leaders. We need their guidance in Islamic matters.

Back
Top Bottom