What's new

T-129 Atak & Turkish Attack Helicopter Programs

Still looks like the T629 will have less payload capacity than ATAK.

I reckon they'll work on a TS1400-equipped ATAK separately.

It's all subjective going off pictures - to me it seems like T629 will have higher capacity than ATAK.
Untitled-1.jpg

How many different Attack helicopter types will Turkey make. Trying to make sense of it.

Engineers enlarged the front fuselage from sides but the nose section where the gatling gun mounted, remained the same and so the helicopter seems a little strange from the image shared by Combat-Master. The tough looking old cockpit establishment is changed and It will take a littile more to get used to it. Overall height of copter seems to be risen. From the back to the front, There is a line passing though the connection points of the wings and ending the front section where flir integrated and this line is bending the sides to concave at the bottom of the fuselage.

77A54849-9C6D-4DE1-8A65-366B0A7C80B0.jpeg

Not counting the future variants of T-625 Gökbey and the 12t utility heli; there are 3 different attack helicopters:
  1. T-129 Atak 6t MTOW
  2. T-629 7-8t MTOW
  3. Heavy Class Heli a.k.a Atak-2 10/12t MTOW

Seems like T-129 will not have a long production run once the heavier more capable attack helicopters become operational.

Seems like T-129 will not have a long production run once the heavier more capable attack helicopters become operational.
If the T-129s of Pakistan and the Philippines get export licences as well, the production will continue to as far as 2024 or 2025.

From all angles still shit :D
The design is indeed shit but I wouldn’t mind outside look as long as it does the job but the problem according to me is the major setback with the flir camera and the pilot
I don’t think that anyone would buy this helicopter with such serious flaw but let’s wait for the official photos&videos that will be released very soon

I would rather wish for ATAK2 which would be in the same class as Apache. With upgraded AESA MILDAR MMW Radar hopefully in mast mounted configuration.

Apache is a heavy big chopper not suitable for mountains. Apache is a tank killer but used as insurgent killer not really ideal.

Apache is a heavy big chopper not suitable for mountains. Apache is a tank killer but used as insurgent killer not really ideal.

i dont agree that Apache is not suitable to mountaneous areas. Its maneuverability is more advanced than our Atak.

Back
Top Bottom