What's new

T-129 helis for P.A confirmed? PM Pakistan

What sources or proof do we have that Pakistan is going to get this heli? other then that we showed interest and thats old news already!

According to results of this calculation, T-129 is way ahead of European and USA W class rivals in terms of power performance...

hey Cabalti, your figures and the videos are enough proof to show that this helicopter is not something we just have to love out of courtesy or patriotism.
just one thing Which I have missed in this thread is where T-129 stand interms of taking the anti aircraft fire from ground? I am not expecting it to bare its belly to the ground fire like the Apache does so provocatively but will like to know against the fire from say 12.7 and other medium to heavy machine gun fire

is it as good or close as super cobra, Europcopter, Hind or say Rooivalk ?

can we assume that it will be immune to small and medium arms fire that the terrorists can use against it?

Last edited:
just one thing ehich I have missed in this thread is where T-129 stand interms of taking the anti aircraft fire from ground? I am not expecting it to bare its belly to the ground fire like the Apache does so provocatively but will like to know against the fire from say 12.7 and other medium to heavy machine gun fire

is it as good or close as super cobra, Europcopter, Hind or say Rooivalk ?

can we assume that it will be immune to small and medium arms fire that the terrorists can use against it?

As far as I know, The airframe of T-129, especially cockpit provides ballistic protection against 12.7mm armour piercing rounds. The main rotor has ballistic tolerance against 12.7mm rounds. The engine is also armour protected.

Most probably, The T-129 Atak helicopters would be protected by Silisium carbide and Boron carbide ceramic armours developed by Nurol Technology and named like "T-Armour"...

Fazil-H is the specific name of the armours developed for only helicopters...

7.jpg

http://www.nurolteknoloji.com/tr/sektorler/savunma-sanayi.html

I think with PAA already under stress in Swat and FATA, a quick decision on war footing is must here. T-129!!! ... hmmm ... Why not? :)

Turkish PM showed interest in JF17 Thunder and our PM showed interest in ATAK! :whistle:

something is cooking inside!

thats definitely a good news!!! i means we will be inducting the best in the business T-129 ATAK... thumbs up

Market Rate:

1 JFT = 4 ATAK

No I don't think helicopter would be 2.5 million a piece.

BUT trading one JFT for 1 attack helicopter would be a fair deal. We have 100s of fighter aircrafts but no even mentionable helicopters. So honor something which we couldn't get before.

JFT would not be a platform that we could induct into our forces because of our current path of procurement. There would be nothing for it to replace that we have not already chosen something better for. BTW it was the President that showed interest not the PM and they are not in charge of these affairs Murad Bayar is who decides procurements as the Ministry of National Defence.

Some discussions are quite hilarious.
Turkey will never induct JF-17 because it does not meet their requirements! However they may modify them for other parties.
@ Batman
Is that a sabzi mandi rate? :D
4 JF is roughly about 80 million dollars without spares, training, etc and dont forget Advance attack helicopters perform specific tasks more effectively then fighter jet. Btw if i am not mistaken Apache D unit price is less then that.
@ Graphican.
hmmm.. can you elaborate how 1 JF-17 for 1 T-129 is a fair deal?

Turkey would likely have little need for inducting the JF-17 until possibly Block-III came around and Turkey was participating in no AC program other than the F-35, and Block III capabilities equaled or surpassed the F-16 Block 52+ at a competitive price compared to other alternatives at the time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom