What's new

T20 World Cup 2016

What is evident that Taskin was convicted because of this photoshop by an unknown fan. Indians taking this non issue to a new level.

Your point-view is also reflected in the article in The Daily Star. An excerpt is below:

March 13, 2016

This is not cricket. Or, is it?

.............The desire of the Indians to beat us (in cricket), their eagerness to prove a point after losing the last ODI series, and that their arch rivals Pakistan had upped us by only two runs in the previous Asia Cup final 2012, were reasons they could not hide even behind the giant placard that read 'Champion'.

As two national teams fight it out in the middle, opposing fans are caught in the frenzy of the rivalry. The bloodless confrontation continues long after the winning teamsters have uprooted the stumps, not without a battle cry, the sweat on their faces the war paint.

Notwithstanding the fact that Bangladesh trails India significantly in head-to-head encounters, which some would attribute to India's longer time on the crease of international cricket, but fuelled by the ascending form of the Tigers that led to a recent ODI series defeat of the neighbours and the acerbic 'mauka mauka' campaign, the rivalry (at least among the fans) has never been stronger. While this competition is generally positive for the game and the people of both countries, the stance of some overzealous followers of both the teams, particularly on the social media, would be no-balled by any umpire.

The game of cricket had perhaps lost its stamp of gentleness…………

Below is the link on the article:
This is not cricket. Or, is it? | The Daily Star

our bowlers should put more efforts... RSA just trashed us during the warm-up match

FB_IMG_1457871388667.jpg

How effective Pakistani bowlers will be on super flat wicket..as we saw in Ind vs SA warm up match....any comment

It will be hard for them like it will be for every bowler, although it depends a lot on bowlers ability to swing the ball when there is no help what so ever from the pitch. In India first six overs are the overs to capitalize and genrally goes for anywhere between 40-60 runs and we have seen even Dale steyn go for plenty many time.

Having said I always belive that what separates a good bowler from a mediocre one is the not the ability to swing in this format but to not to give away more runs after getting hit for some runs. Because they will vary their pace or change the length and will find a way to create pressure on the batsman. I guess we will find the out whether Pakistani bowlers have that ability or not. Until then you have to wait for the answer of your question.

Really happy that Afghanistan team has qualified for main round (or Super 10). Lets see if Oman can create an upset against Bangladesh today.

No there will be no upset. We will be around to deliver a thrashing defeat to India. That's why India is playing all foul tricks to psychologically demoralize our team. For instance they have questioned balling of Arafat and Taksin whereas it is India's Bumrah who should be banned.

No there will be no upset. We will be around to deliver a thrashing defeat to India. That's why India is playing all foul tricks to psychologically demoralize our team. For instance they have questioned balling of Arafat and Taksin whereas it is India's Bumrah who should be banned.

You guys cry a lot man. Every other thing is a conspiracy.

yes... our bating line up is strong.... but bowling has to strengthened even though they're recently doing pretty good job
Yes right comparatively to our batting, bowling needs to do hard work.

Btw in that game pitch seem to help batsmen SA lost 8 wickets, while India lost only 3 wickets. In last over India needed 14 runs but Dhoni played 2 dot balls and took singles. He know it was just a 15 v 15 warm up game. But Bumrah got thrashed though.

I think spinners will play more important role on Indian pitches than fast bowlers.

Thoughts on the kit? I find it quite alright. @anant_s ...
https://twitter.com/TheRealPCB?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
CdSdsF_WEAIAemY.jpg:large

“Our bowling attack is pretty good. You have Mohammad Amir and (Mohammad) Irfan. (Mohammad) Sami is also back and then there is Wahab Riaz. The fast bowling attack overall is very strong.

He confirmed the bowling line up.:enjoy:

I have a feeling Mohammed Irfan or Sami will sit out.
Irfan is at times very poor with his line and length, not a smart bowler. We should go with extreme pace, Amir will bowl at 150, Wahab and Sami need to bowl over 150. Standards are too high.

How effective Pakistani bowlers will be on super flat wicket..as we saw in Ind vs SA warm up match....any comment
Flat wickets? surely no comparison to pitches we saw in Bangladesh but pitches in India are not that bad, quite grassy and the ball always does something when it is new. Seam bowlers have always been able to swing it, slow wickets will of course help the batsmen as the bowl doesn't skid through here. Overall our bowlers should be feeling at home on these pitches. Amir will swing it, we need him to swing it.
I think spinners will play more important role on Indian pitches than fast bowlers.
Correct analysis.

Irfan is at times very poor with his line and length, not a smart bowler. We should go with extreme pace, Amir will bowl at 150, Wahab and Sami need to bowl over 150. Standards are too high.
I feel same.

Irfan is not a long term option as he's prone to injuries and is not a good fielder aswell.

Really happy that Afghanistan team has qualified for main round (or Super 10). Lets see if Oman can create an upset against Bangladesh today.

Do you really expect such upset to happen ?....Still now ? Perhaps you have to drown your bitter sorrow soon.

In fact, you will sure see, not-in-distant future, how cricket advances hand-in-hand with high-tail Bangladesh Tigers to reclaim its position as 'Gentleman's Game'---on the contrary.

Do you really expect such upset to happen ?....Still now ? Perhaps you have to drown your bitter sorrow soon.

In fact, you will sure see, not-in-distant future, how cricket advances hand-in-hand with high-tail Bangladesh Tigers to reclaim its position as 'Gentleman's Game'---on the contrary.

I agree with you on the most parts of what you said, Bangladesh cricket team seems to be improving every match. But what's with this "High tail Tiger" analogy?

Every time I hear this Tiger stuff I feel like putting a bullet in my head.

You guys have to control your emotions, there is still a long way to go.

I agree with you on the most parts of what you said, Bangladesh cricket team seems to be improving every match. But what's with this "High tail Tiger" analogy?

Every time I hear this Tiger stuff I feel like putting a bullet in my head.

You guys have to control your emotions, there is still a long way to go.

Sport is the gentlemanly and joyful ‘art of competing’. Positive emotion is part & parcel of joy. ‘High-tail Tiger’ is a harmless analogy stemmed from that +ve emotion. Why is your discomfort, then ?

Negative emotion is what makes one jealous of others' success and joy. That is unwanted, and that results in unfair techniques of using fiscal & political dominance and other immoral means (like discouragement, insult, denial to accept or recognize, meanness etc.) by the jealous party.

Where do you stand in above light ?.....still sore and discouraging?

I highly encourage and praise Afghanistan and Oman for their current achievement and stride.

Back
Top Bottom