What's new

T20 World Cup 2016

Newzealand has won again. Probably they have made it to next round as they can beat easily bangladesh.

If india beat pakistan tommorrow the group will become very interesting.for second spot, with pakistan, india and australia all having good chances.

Bangladesh well, they are just meant to take a beating. I dont see much bangla tigers roaring anymore, where are they hding and why?

We still have to play our first match and look at yourself.collapsed on 79.one of the lowest score in T20.still mocking us :)

Imran Khan leaves for Kolkata to rally Pakistan ahead of India match

56ebf5856c536.jpg

World Cup winning captains Kapil Dev of India and Imran Khan of Pakistan speak during a promotional campaign in Mumbai. — AFP/File

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s legendary cricketer Imran Khan left for India on Friday to attend the 2016 World Twenty20’s marquee clash between the two sub-continent giants.

A buoyant Pakistan side will take on the hosts India at the iconic Eden Gardens on March 19.

But Khan, who would be accompanying his once most trustworthy striker Wasim Akram, will be much more than a spectator.

He will be providing captain Shahid Afridi with “experience-based tips” to rally Pakistan, who have a history of underperforming against India in big games.

“Shahid Afridi had sought my advice on Pakistan's match against India. I don't know what exactly Pakistan team's grey areas are, but I will try to give them suggestions in the light of my own experience,” Khan told reporters at his Bani Gala residence.

“I’ll suggest the players against succumbing to any pressure.”

Khan, 63, will also be meeting West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee during his stay. “People-to-people contacts are necessary for bettering the relations between the two neighbours,” he said, but added “the relations should be based on mutual respect”.

Meanwhile, Pakistan coach Waqar Younis attempted to downplay the hype surrounding the game, saying it was ultimately just a game of cricket.

“We should take it as a sport,” said Younis.

“There is history between the two nations, not only culturally but also cricket history. The way we have played cricket in the past 50 years it's a treat to watch for the world. It's the most watched game. So we should all cherish that and feel proud of it.”

An upbeat Pakistan come into the match after thrashing Bangladesh, but will have to overcome their World Cup jinx against India.

Pakistan have never won a World Cup encounter against their arch rivals in six 50-over meetings and four T20 clashes.

“History can always be changed,” said Younis.

“We are a bit more confident this time. They can go out of the tournament and that is a big plus for us.

“They will be under more pressure. We have won our opening game and lot of things going in our favour.”

1stly....That's not mine.....but your problem not to find / use sweeter word.

I chose to call you a retard, not that I tried to search for a sweeter word.

2ndly......How much mileage you you want to extract from that 'Dhoni Cartoon' that was made by 1 out of 16+ million home supporters and to go accuse a whole nation?-----and for how long?

No one is extracting mileage from "just" that cartoon... it was just a point to tell you what unnecessary chest thumping was meant in my previous post.... the cartoon just became an example because it was circulated in media otherwise the tweets and FB posts , comments and even Youtube videos by BD fans were thousands in numbers dedicated exclusively to riducle India. so dont tell me we are exracting mileage out of just a cartoon.

3rdly....I don't have that kind of time time for you either.

You wasted my time again.

We still have to play our first match and look at yourself.collapsed on 79.one of the lowest score in T20.still mocking us :)

You already lost your first match. How many first matches you want from icc, this is not your street cricket.

And i can mock you because i know india will beat you, and everyone will beat you. I guess that is what associates teams are placed in world cups. lol

I think pakistan got good chance for winning tomorrow as they will have no pressure to win. India needs to win this one and hence will be under pressure.

Is it just me or has the standard of umpiring fallen drastically in recent tournaments? In Asia Cup I saw some horrendous decisions and again today in England vs SA, there have been some clear LBW completely ignored by the umpires.

pathetic attention seeking loser has arrived

Cd12l7bW8AEiBfi.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Cricket expert now.

Virat Kohli's special gesture for Mohammad Amir ahead of India-Pakistan match!
470847-mohammad-amir-virat-kohli.jpg

Kohli was seen taking a different approach as he took throw downs for about 40 minutes from the local bowlers.
Kolkata: Off the field camaraderie between Virat Kohli and Mohammad Amir grabbed attention on eve of the much-awaited India-Pakistan contest in the ICC World T20 here on Saturday.
Just before the Indian team was about to leave Eden Gardens, Amir and Kohli greeted each other and were engaged in a long discussion.
Kohli also offered his bat to Amir, who was literally jumping with joy at the star Indian batsman's gesture and did some shadow practice with the willow.

While the rest of the Indian batsman had a rigorous batting session, Kohli was seen taking a different approach as he took throw downs for about 40 minutes from the local bowlers.
Having come a cropper against New Zealand spinners to be bowled out for 79, the intention basically was to clear the rope which the Indian batsmen did with ease.

Earlier, former Indian captain and CAB president Sourav Ganguly removed the pitch covers when Indians checked in the afternoon and Kohli rushed to have a first look at it.
Ganguly, who had already said the pitch would be a belter, was seen talking to Kohli for long before the former India captain was joined by his old teammates Harbhajan Singh, Yuvraj Singh and Ashish Nehra.
Virat Kohli's special gesture for Mohammad Amir ahead of India-Pakistan match! | Zee News
@WAJsal @ziabgo @Tipu7 @The Eagle @Sipahi

Back
Top Bottom