What's new

Taiwan Elections

Yep, i simply can't stop laughing at those KMT fanboys who claim they will bring back the national capital to Nanjing.

My Great-Grandparents even served as Chiang's loyalist faction because they were Zhejiangnese. Since Chiang claimed he only entrusted the KMT members of Zhejiangnese descent as his most trusted loyalist faction, then follow by those who graduated from the Whampoa Military Academy.

It is quite funny for those KMT fanboys who are worshipping a warlord with some narrow regionalist mind.

As you know back then Hui Muslims were Pro KMT, my grandparents were slightly towards the KMT however when the KMT accused them of being Communist sympathizers and jailed them thats when they turned to the Communists, not to mention they worked for Corrupt Landlords that were allied to the KMT, either way I agree the KMT failed itself.

As you know back then Hui Muslims were Pro KMT, my grandparents were slightly towards the KMT however when the KMT accused them of being Communist sympathizers and jailed them thats when they turned to the Communists, not to mention they worked for Corrupt Landlords that were allied to the KMT, either way I agree the KMT failed itself.

Yeah, i know there are a lot of Hui Generals among the KMT army like Bai Chongxi.

Since Chiang has set the ranks of the KMT factions according their background.

1. Elite Loyalist: Those KMT members graduated from the Whampoa Military Academy with Zhejiangnese descent

2. Loyalist: Those KMT members graduated from the Whampoa Military Academy

3. Collateral Faction: Those KMT members came from other warlords

I have said this before, but it's worth repeating.

The CCP has a proven track record of governing China with 1.4 billion people. The KMT has only proven it can govern a little island of 23 million people. The KMT is not qualified to govern China and it is not worth taking the risk.

Also, the mindsets of the CCP and KMT are different. The CCP is independent-minded and the appropriate government for a future superpower. In contrast, the KMT calls the U.S. government when there's a problem.

The truth is the KMT has a subservient posture with regards to the United States. You can't blame them. The United States helped Taiwan a lot. No Taiwanese government is fit to govern mainland China. We're American puppets. See my American flags? Oh my God, I'm a puppet too!

The CCP should continue to govern and develop China for the next fifty years.

I have said this before, but it's worth repeating.

The CCP has a proven track record of governing China with 1.4 billion people. The KMT has only proven it can govern a little island of 23 million people. The KMT is not qualified to govern China and it is not worth taking the risk.

Also, the mindsets of the CCP and KMT are different. The CCP is independent-minded and the appropriate government for a future superpower. In contrast, the KMT calls the U.S. government when there's a problem.

The truth is the KMT has a subservient posture with regards to the United States. You can't blame them. The United States helped Taiwan a lot. No Taiwanese government is fit to govern mainland China. We're American puppets. See my American flags? Oh my god, I'm a puppet too!

The CCP should continue to govern and develop China for the next fifty years.

I strong appreciate some of the Pan-Blue members with their strong sense of Chinese Nationalism.

But sometimes they need to get back into the reality, keep being politically hostile towards CCP is simply both stupid and naive.

If these folks can turn off their anti-communist paranoia, then i can see the unification will be even quicker than we initially expected. Since total percentage of the Pan-Blue folks represent approximately slightly more than 50% of Taiwan population.

History really has a sense of humor. Do you remember when Mao Zedong was trying to conquer Taiwan by force? The United States intervened and stationed Nike nuclear missiles on Taiwan in 1958 to deter China. Bad for Chinese reunification and good for the U.S.? Not so fast.

Since Taiwan was de facto independent and a ward of the United States, Taiwanese students were permitted to study in the U.S. and learn about semiconductors. In 1964, Taiwan licensed its first transistor design from General Instruments.

I read the American plan was to use Taiwan for cheap assembly. They never imagined the Taiwanese and little Taiwan could muscle their way into chip design. The Americans misjudged Taiwanese. Remember what I said earlier about all Taiwanese wanting to run their own companies?

Anyway, between its start in 1964 and 2011, Taiwan swallowed up the chip industry (see below). :smitten:

The story gets funnier. Basically, American electronics and semiconductor know-how was transferred/diffused from Silicon Valley to Taiwan's Hsinchu Park. Now, the same know-how is being transferred from ex-employees of TSMC to China's SMIC. Sometimes, delayed reunification can yield unimaginable benefits.

----------

Taiwan now the world's leading chip maker

"Taiwan now the world's leading chip maker
Peter Clarke
1/13/2012 10:28 AM EST

LONDON – As of July 2011 Taiwan held 21 percent of the world's installed wafer fabrication capacity, surpassing Japan and Korea and taking the top spot for the first time, according to market research firm IC Insights.

Japan held 19.7 percent and Korea 16.8 percent, the Americas region has 14.7 percent of the IC manufacturing capacity and China, with 8.9 percent now accounts for more wafer capacity than Europe.

These figures include local manufacturing capacity regardless of the headquarters location of the companies that own the fabs. So Samsung manufacturing in Austin, Texas contributes to the Americas percentage.

JgPHE.jpg

The ROW "region" consists primarily of Singapore, Israel, Malaysia, but also includes countries such as Russia, Belarus, India, South Africa, and Australia.

IC Insights indicated as Taiwan holds 25.4 percent of manufacturing on 300-mm diameter wafers, 18.7 percent of 200-mm wafer capacity, and 11.4 percent of 150-mm wafer capacity. In 2011, 300mm wafers represented 64.6% of the country's installed capacity, 200mm wafers, 29.2%; and 150mm wafers accounted for 6.1%.

Taiwan also holds the industry's largest share of capacity dedicated to "not so leading-edge" 40- to 60-nm process geometries."

----------

Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"SMIC was founded in 2000 by Richard Chang (Traditional Chinese: 張汝京), a Taiwanese-American entrepreneur who had previously worked at Texas Instruments and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation (TSMC). Under Chang’s leadership, SMIC built its first fab in the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park in Shanghai, China, and subsequently expanded its manufacturing operations to other cities in mainland China. SMIC is currently the largest and most advanced semiconductor foundry in mainland China. The company was listed on the SEHK and New York Stock Exchange in 2004."

History really has a sense of humor. Do you remember when Mao Zedong was trying to conquer Taiwan by force? The United States intervened and stationed Nike nuclear missiles on Taiwan in 1958 to deter China. Bad for Chinese reunification and good for the U.S.? Not so fast.

Since Taiwan was de facto independent and a ward of the United States, Taiwanese students were permitted to study in the U.S. and learn about semiconductors. In 1964, Taiwan licensed its first transistor design from General Instruments.

I read the American plan was to use Taiwan for cheap assembly. They never imagined the Taiwanese and little Taiwan could muscle their way into chip design. The Americans misjudged Taiwanese. Remember what I said earlier about all Taiwanese wanting to run their own companies?

Anyway, between its start in 1964 and 2011, Taiwan swallowed up the chip industry (see below). :smitten:

The story gets funnier. Basically, American electronics and semiconductor know-how was transferred/diffused from Silicon Valley to Taiwan's Hsinchu Park. Now, the same know-how is being transferred from ex-employees of TSMC to China's SMIC. Sometimes, delayed reunification can yield unimaginable benefits.

----------

Taiwan now the world's leading chip maker

"Taiwan now the world's leading chip maker
Peter Clarke
1/13/2012 10:28 AM EST

LONDON – As of July 2011 Taiwan held 21 percent of the world's installed wafer fabrication capacity, surpassing Japan and Korea and taking the top spot for the first time, according to market research firm IC Insights.

Japan held 19.7 percent and Korea 16.8 percent, the Americas region has 14.7 percent of the IC manufacturing capacity and China, with 8.9 percent now accounts for more wafer capacity than Europe.

These figures include local manufacturing capacity regardless of the headquarters location of the companies that own the fabs. So Samsung manufacturing in Austin, Texas contributes to the Americas percentage.

JgPHE.jpg

The ROW "region" consists primarily of Singapore, Israel, Malaysia, but also includes countries such as Russia, Belarus, India, South Africa, and Australia.

IC Insights indicated as Taiwan holds 25.4 percent of manufacturing on 300-mm diameter wafers, 18.7 percent of 200-mm wafer capacity, and 11.4 percent of 150-mm wafer capacity. In 2011, 300mm wafers represented 64.6% of the country's installed capacity, 200mm wafers, 29.2%; and 150mm wafers accounted for 6.1%.

Taiwan also holds the industry's largest share of capacity dedicated to "not so leading-edge" 40- to 60-nm process geometries."

----------

Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"SMIC was founded in 2000 by Richard Chang (Traditional Chinese: 張汝京), a Taiwanese-American entrepreneur who had previously worked at Texas Instruments and Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Corporation (TSMC). Under Chang’s leadership, SMIC built its first fab in the Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park in Shanghai, China, and subsequently expanded its manufacturing operations to other cities in mainland China. SMIC is currently the largest and most advanced semiconductor foundry in mainland China. The company was listed on the SEHK and New York Stock Exchange in 2004."

They always underestimated people of non-European descent, so don't expect they will make an exception for China.

I foresee the CPC turning itself into a Red Nationalist party when China has a Democratic system I would vote a them, lol I have seen many KMT boys dreaming of the KMT ruling all of China :rofl:

Democracy has no place in an age of scarcity. If everyone votes to reduce taxes on oil for their cars as we've seen Americans do, we will just crash faster since oil is finite. In fact I forsee all successful governments turning more authoritarian within the next 20 years, and what unsuccessful ones do is not important. No one cares that Nigerians can vote, not even Nigerians themselves.

KMT was Corrupt as it could get under Chiang, alliances with Corrupt Warlords and Corrupt Army, only after being driven Out KMT finally focused on themselves and cleaned it up. Mr Ma Ying Jeou should follow the Will of his Father and Make Peace with the Communist and Reunify. It's what Sun Yat Sen would have wanted.

---------- Post added at 07:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Democracy has no place in an age of scarcity. If everyone votes to reduce taxes on oil for their cars as we've seen Americans do, we will just crash faster since oil is finite. In fact I forsee all successful governments turning more authoritarian within the next 20 years, and what unsuccessful ones do is not important. No one cares that Nigerians can vote, not even Nigerians themselves.

Democracy in China got a bad from what happen in Russia. I believe Economic stability and Stability will lead to political change.

ccp has a big corruption problem too that needs to get stomped out. local government officials taking bribes and making corrupt land deals sends a bad image to the rest of the world.

ccp has a big corruption problem too that needs to get stomped out. local government officials taking bribes and making corrupt land deals sends a bad image to the rest of the world.

How's Russian democracy doing? Looks like its back to old style Russia already. 1 party soft authoritarianism with Putin's United Russia and strongman rule.

Only competent authoritarian governments can make the tough choices that will save large countries.

Certain large countries are just running on momentum right now, like in the cartoons where coyote runs off the cliff but still thinks he's going forward.

How's Russian democracy doing? Looks like its back to old style Russia already. 1 party soft authoritarianism with Putin's United Russia and strongman rule.

Only competent authoritarian governments can make the tough choices that will save large countries.

Certain large countries are just running on momentum right now, like in the cartoons where coyote runs off the cliff but still thinks he's going forward.

Russian Democracy was a failure in fact weakened Russia, it was only until Putins authoritarian Government Brought stability out of the chaos.

Back
Top Bottom