What's new

Taiwan’s ex-leader Lee: Senkaku is Japanese territory :))

NiceGuy

Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
Taiwan’s ex-leader Lee Teng-hui came under fire Thursday after he was quoted by Japanese media as saying that a disputed archipelago in the East China Sea belongs to Japan.

Lee, 89, who was president from 1988 to 2000, made the remarks about the islands – known as Diaoyu in Chinese and Senkaku in Japanese – in the Japanese magazine Shukan Bunshun.

“The Senkaku islands were Japanese territory in the past and are still so at present,” he said according to the magazine.

“If you say Senkaku belongs to Taiwan it may please the (Taiwan) people… But I have clearly said since the years when I was the president that Senkaku is Japanese territory.”
taiwan.over-islands201209afp.jpg

Lee Teng-hui ruled Taiwan from 1988 to 2000 (AFP/File, Aaron Tam)
The remarks triggered the ire of several lawmakers, who accused Lee of selling out Taiwan amid growing tension over the islands, which are claimed by Japan, China and Taiwan.

“His remarks are shameful and I hope he’ll correct them,” said lawmaker Chen Chen-hsiang of the ruling Kuomintang party that Lee once led.

The islands have long been at the centre of a territorial dispute between Japan and China, and a fresh row was sparked after Japan announced Tuesday it had completed a planned purchase of some of the islands.

Taipei has recalled its envoy to Japan to protest the Japanese move while Beijing has dispatched two patrol ships to assert its sovereignty following the purchase.

Lee’s spokesman Wang Yen-chun dismissed the criticism, adding the ex-president made his remarks from “the historical and legal perspective that Diaoyu islands should be Japan’s”.

The islands, which are around 160 kilometres (100 miles) from Japan’s Okinawa chain and about 200 kilometres from Taiwan, lie on vital shipping lanes and are believed to lie near potentially rich gas fields.
Taiwan ex-leader Lee draws fire over islands - Intellasia East Asia News
Ouch , TWnese love JP more than China :what:

you forget that Lee Teng-hui is a Japanese, His father was a middle-level Japanese police aide and his brother served and died in the Imperial Japanese Navy in WII

And, he still was a leader of Taiwan with many TWese supporters :P

They're china's spies, true TWese will support Mr. Lee:coffee:

no one except the right wings will give a damn to his presence. his is a walking corpse!

no one except the right wings will give a damn to his presence. his is a walking corpse!

Mr. Lee: Senkaku is Japanese territory

Supporter: Yeah ! cheer :lol:
p01-110404-a2.jpg

r

xuxu1457 said:
so as your logic, France still were the leader of VNs of VN with many VNnese supporters
They coul say that if France wasn't be defeated badly :P

Mr. Lee: Senkaku is Japanese territory

Supporter: Yeah ! cheer :lol:
p01-110404-a2.jpg

r

They coul say that if France wasn't be defeated badly :P

Since when did those "Chinese search-and-rescue team members" become "supporters"?

Lee.JPEG

"Hey, dude, listen, I was TW leader, not you, that's my supporters ,okay ":P
" Senkaku is Japanese territory "Cheer again : :enjoy:
Lee%20Teng-Hui.jpg

Since when did those "Chinese search-and-rescue team members" become his "supporters"?
You still didn't answer my question.

Besides, "Diaoyu Islands is ROC's territory" said the TW leader and his supporters:

03.jpg

101933505.JPG

Still want to on behalf of TW people?

Since when did theose "Chinese search-and-rescue team members" become his "supporters"?
You still didn't answer my question.
Then, just check their vote when Mr. Lee became leader, they wouldn't be so happy like that if they didn't vote for him :P

And it's not Chinese team, it's TW team :coffee:

Then, just check their vote when Mr. Lee became leader, they wouldn't be so happy like that if they didn't vote for him :P

And it's not Chinese team, it's TW team :coffee:

Why don't you also check the votes of Mr. Ma,
none of you and I can represent Taiwan people, so stop being rude and take their leader's chair (real Taiwanese blah balh balh...).

And please, since when 中華 became TW (Although TW is part of 中華)?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom