What's new

Tajik Army officer stuns Indian delegation with flawless Hindi

dost. Aapne apni pathshala me hindi jaroor padhi hogi, par aap hindi me bhut kamjor rahe honge, jaisa ki mene dekha ki isme vyakaran ki kai ashudhian hai.
par mujhe ye jaan kar harsh hua ke aap hindi samajh sakte ho. Vaise aapne apni matr bhasha ke baare me nahi bataya??

:cheers:

Dude don't be so harsh after all it was my 3rd language. I may be weak on grammar but really I am not looking forward to write any Hindi fiction anytime soon.

@ Liquid .......dude you have the freedom to disagree..i gave you a BBC link regarding history of Urdu language, after all Urdu was the language which was spoken in what is todays Pakistan and today's Northern India and Kashmir along with regional languages (Pushto, Punjabi, Kashmiri ..etc)....you guys later changed the script to a local indianized script and replaced a few words with words from sanskrit and started calling it Hindi.
BBC - Languages - A Guide to Urdu - A brief history of Urdu

Do more research on this other then that small 3 paragraph artical.

Urdu is a mixture of Indigenous and foreign languages. No one brought the language here, but mixed foreign languages with local ones when they were in India. Look up what "Rekhta"(old urdu) means, it means molded, poured.<---For a reason.

Old Urdu has a kinship with Khariboli, and all of these are grandfathered by Prakrit.

Arabs who have never lived in India or Pakistan speak fluently as well. It's not really Hindi, more like Urdu. Urdu is the easiest language for people to catch on.

Nothing is special... it is jsut that the language is simpler than most regional languages for ALL indians to learn enough to communicate with each other without having to depend on a colonial language inside the country.

I say English is simpler because I go by the concept of one global language and other mother tongue.

When Hindi becomes a global language I will have no qualms in learning that.

Mate, this regionalism is not good. My region is suffering because of this mentality for years. NO one is saying stop speaking Tamil. Heck! I'd not agree to forget Denzonkha at all. My language is not Hindi but I've learnt it as a mark of simple INDIAN language to communicate to most of the states' people.

There is absolutely no regionalism here. I study what I want to study, Basic democratic freedom.

Only thing is I cant study a thing just because 'some' consider it a national language or whatever.

Will I call a UP wallah not knowing Tamil and not learning it a regionalistic goon ? Nopes. Its his wish to study Tamil or not. I have no business whatsoever dictating to him what to learn and what not to.

If you are a Bhutia and you study Hindi good for you. It doesnt mean its good for me too.

Moreover , frankly if you had the kind of opportunities in Sikkim like we have here I doubt if you would have learned Hindi at all. No offence, but its just a matter of fact.

Nehru attempted to impose yes. But has it been imposed? If it was imposed, there would have been a situation like CCP. Do you see a situation like CCP? Can you compare today's state here in India with that of Sinhala radicalism? I can challenge that you cannot. Because that is the amount of freedom our country grants us and it cannot be lied about.

Exactly - We cannot compare India to CCP which forced Mandarin/Han culture onto the hapless Tibetans or the Sinhalese who forced them on the Tamils, because India is what it is - A land where the language changes every 100 miles and I am damn proud of it.

That fool Nehru tried exactly that - forcing Hindi down our throats and that memory lingers still. Precious lives were lost and it cannot be easily forgotten.That's why I said had not Nehru not done that, perhaps (I say perhaps) situation would have been different. But then still I will not/cannot accept Hindi as a national language because for the simple fact it does not represent the whole nation. And that fact only got amplified after the New Delhi's cold shoulder to our concerns on Lanka.

accusation and blaming "Hindi people" is a regionalist, political agenda just to gain cheap mileage in politics by sick politicians. Don't fall for these dirty divisive politics. For example, Arunachal has subdivisional dialects that once used to war with each other over language. But today they've come out of that mentality and along with their mother tongue's dialects, they've learnt Hindi to blend in easily and which makes communication very simple. Nothing about regional accent but just simple basic common INDIAN language.

I'm not blaming Hindi as such for anything. I am blaming the cow belt chauvinists for whom learning Hindi is an important step in proving your patriotism towards India (I have heard plenty of "Yeh bharatiya hei, lekin shudh hindi bhi nahi aata behind my back....and my reply was fcukk off Bhe*****)and those CBSE airheads who still think Hindi is a National Language !

Look what I am saying is simple - If you think Hindi is great..well and good. I am happy for you. But by the same metric respect my opinion if I say my language is equally good.

Giving 'National' status to a language that is hardly national (does not represent about 45% of the population) is by no means justified.

BTW who said we hate Hindi people ? - there are ample amounts of Biharis, UP wallahs and NE people working in Tamil Nadu in all sectors and have you heard one incident of hate crime against them ? I bet you would find nothing.

the Hindi/Urdu language was based of the Khaerboli dialect spoken in Delhi in that case i think the name Hindi deserves precedent over Urdu

Arabs who have never lived in India or Pakistan speak fluently as well. It's not really Hindi, more like Urdu. Urdu is the easiest language for people to catch on.

Since he picked it in India, it must be Hindi not Urdu.

have you read opening post or judging all the news of your own??

OR do you agree for Sanskrit as common language to learn?

My question is what is this obsession with the need for a common language ? Isnt the present system fine ?

Even if I accept Sanskrit will I be able to use it outside India ? Still I need to learn another language (English , most probably) ...so why waste time in learning Sanskrit when we could gget along with English just fine ?

Even the north Indians and we NE Indians have to sit and learn it from scratch since it is centuries since anyone has spoken it. Do you agree for a language that we ALL have to learn but at the same time equally is of our country? I mean, we all have to equally re-learn it since centuries of stagnation. What's the take for you there? At that time, your friend brought "we're different race" colonial revised history nonsense that has even been proven false as recent as 3 years back.

So why is this "we're different"?

If learning Sanskrit gives any good opportunity in life I have no qualms in accepting it. As ssimple as that. But I cant waste my time for learning a langauge if I have no possible use for it.

BTW as far as race is concerned I DONT think we are different. Maybe there is some different culture admixture here and there like for example in North East...but then I DONT subscribe to the Aryan invasion myth which was essentially a leftist/pseudo-secularist bull crap.

What makes you different from any other state? Your soaps put forward the same cultural values that our or north Indian programs show. Same movies, same family lives, same mentality, same mindset. I have a lot of interest in these things and keep a regular research track on them.

We are of different states only in supposedly linguistic terms. NOTHING ELSE. Everything else is only political garbage that most Indians including some people of my state and region must realize and come out of. We are not different. Difference is only on surface because we are like branches of the SAME tree.

Realize this. Come out of the false nonsense politicians and local funded stooges tell you. This shyte happens in NE as well. But many people especially youth are realizing this as false opportunism and coming out of it.

There are different parameters in which I can say if we are different or not.

Race - Not to a great extent and certainly not the AIT bull crap. But on the oter side we are not as homogenous as, for example, China either. Gotta accept that.

Language - We are ofcourse different.

Culture - Yes, definitely varies.

Look I am not falling for any shyt as you may call it. But we are indeed different in certain things and its better to accept it and work as a united nation despite that. That's where our USP lies.

For all the people -

Two points about common thinking in Tamil Nadu regarding Hindi:

1) No one hates Hindi perse here. If indeed some one hates it, then its the hindi-chauvinists who equate Hindi with India and who are hated for their arrogance and ignorance

2) At the same we are not ready to accept Hindi as a national language or put it on a pedestal it doesn't deserve. So dont consider it as regionalism or anything. IMO Bengali with its rich literary and classical heritage is much much more suitable candidate (if one exists) for the national language tag along with Tamil.

I say English is simpler because I go by the concept of one global language and other mother tongue.

When Hindi becomes a global language I will have no qualms in learning that.

hindi already is world language. hindustani language is considered to be ranked 7th in world language.
you will also amuse to know languages like german and Russian have lower rank than hindustani(hindi/urdu)
World language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
... now learn it dude :azn:

There is absolutely no regionalism here. I study what I want to study, Basic democratic freedom.

Only thing is I cant study a thing just because 'some' consider it a national language or whatever.
you are right there is no regionalism, there is egoism

Moreover , frankly if you had the kind of opportunities in Sikkim like we have here I doubt if you would have learned Hindi at all. No offence, but its just a matter of fact.

frankly no one have all the opprtunities in all parts of India. you also dont enjoy some opportunities as we enjoy as having national capital in our neighbour? what's your point mate

But then still I will not/cannot accept Hindi as a national language because for the simple fact it does not represent the whole nation. [/B]
is it the reason that political leaders from other states such as bengal, punjab, gujrat speak in hindi (be it mamta or modi even known hindi haters thakrey speak hindi on their visit to gujrat) when they speak on national front. why they dont use tamil?

I'm not blaming Hindi as such for anything. I am blaming the cow belt chauvinists for whom learning Hindi is an important step in proving your patriotism towards India (I have heard plenty of "Yeh bharatiya hei, lekin shudh hindi bhi nahi aata behind my back....and my reply was fcukk off Bhe*****)and those CBSE airheads who still think Hindi is a National Language !

these are said even by some foreign nationals, hindi may not be national language but it is Official language of India its your duty to know your official language, if you dont know its the matter of shame

Giving 'National' status to a language that is hardly national (does not represent about 45% of the population) is by no means justified.

BTW who said we hate Hindi people ? - there are ample amounts of Biharis, UP wallahs and NE people working in Tamil Nadu in all sectors and have you heard one incident of hate crime against them ? I bet you would find nothing.

might be you are an exception, between someone said here several people died so that hindi could not become national language, anti hindi riots against up students in maharashtra didn't happen a long ago, area beyond (south) madhyapradesh, gujrat, chatisgarh are known hindi haters, what you call it.

This topic still gng on? amazing . Tamil is only oldest living language in the world . Greek ,latin ,hebrew are quite equal to tamil to compare.

More people speaking hindi is not alone a criterion to qualify National language status . If some language want national status first it should out perform all the languages in regions in all aspects.
In this perspective tamil is fully qualified to be a national language but majority of them won't agree. Sanskrit is already ruled out no speakers for that language now (except one village in karnataka).

from a telugu guy perspective.

anyone saying all the south indian languages originated from tamil is pure bullshit.

last time i checked telugu had far more sanskrit words in it then hindi itself,i dunno why it's called dravida language there is no such word as dravida mentioned in our language,this is coming from a guy who studied in chennai and can speak good tamil

i know few tamil alphabets

it starts like ka na cha.where as telugu is similar to sanskrit ka ka ga gha

we have common script with kannada which is defferent to tamil script

anyone saying all the south indian languages originated from tamil is pure bullshit.

last time i checked telugu had far more sanskrit words in it then hindi itself,i dunno why it's called dravida language there is no such word as dravida mentioned in our language,this is coming from a guy who studied in chennai and can speak good tamil

Yes kannada and telugu scripts are similar. I can read telugu but cant understand what it means.

Tamil , Telugu and Kannada originated from common proto darvidian language. Though Telugu has a lot of Sanskrit lone words, its Symantec and grammar are very similar to other Dravidian languages.

As far as the written script is concerned, all the south Indian languages plus Thai, Balinese, Sinhalese, Cambodian and Laotian have the same origin - Vatteluthu system .

Tamil , Telugu and Kannada originated from common proto darvidian language. Though Telugu has a lot of Sanskrit lone words, its Symantec and grammar are very similar to other Dravidian languages.

As far as the written script is concerned, all the south Indian languages plus Thai, Balinese, Sinhalese, Cambodian and Laotian have the same origin - Vatteluthu system .

no bro that's again pure bs

don't bring ur tamil propaganda here
Ancient telugu grammatical rule is derived from P&#257;&#7751;inian, Katyayana and Patanjali concepts (
sanskrits)First written grammer was Andhra Shabda Chintaman which was written in sanskrit by nannaya

coming to script telugu follows

we follow bhattiprolu which is itself derived from Brahmi script,this bhattiprolu script was found in gutur district with some ancient buddhist relics.

"The Brahmi script used by Mauryan kings reached Krishna River delta and gave rise to Bhattiprolu script found on the urn containing Buddha's relics. Buddhism spread to east Asia from the nearby ports of Ghantasala and Masulipatnam (ancient Maisolos of Ptolemy and Masalia of Periplus)The Bhattiprolu Brahmi script evolved into the Telugu script by 5th century C.E"

bhattiprolu script

"The script was written on the urn containing Buddha's relics. Linguists surmise that the Mauryan Brahmi evolved in the 3rd century BCE and travelled soon after to Bhattiprolu. Twenty three symbols were identified in Bhattiprolu script. The symbols for 'ga' and 'sa' are similar to Mauryan Brahmi. 'bha' and 'da' resemble those of the modern Telugu script[ .
There are a total of nine inscriptions, all dated to the 2nd century BCE or possibly earlier (a tenth inscription is in a script much closer to standard Brahmi), written in Prakrit. Three out of these nine inscriptions in addition are claimed to feature "several Telugu roots or words", making them the earliest record of the Telugu language
"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom