What's new

Taliban detain three Britons

RescueRanger

PDF THINK TANK: CONSULTANT
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Three Britons which include a charity worker, a hotelier and an infamous right wing self styled “danger tourist” have been detained by the Taliban secret police in Afghanistan.

1680406474230.jpeg

Kevin Cornwell 53, a charity medic was arrested from his hotel in Kabul.
1680406575724.png

Miles Routledge, 23, a social media person and self styled “danger tourist” was detained in Afghanistan sometime in March this year.

The third unnamed person was a British national and hotelier - operating a guesthouse in Kabul.

One of his last tweets on his social media account makes mention of sharing a room in a guest house in the Afghan capital:

F4B651DA-150B-49D4-A713-1FC6635AF66B.jpeg

Source: APF/APP wire.

He is one of them. Arrest would give him a better alibi
Nahi yar, spooks don’t bother with such things. British ones especially, they are very subtle.

When the brits came over to train Islamabad police, you couldn’t even tell they were foreigners.

Whereas with the Americans you could spot them a mile away 😂

Besides the mi5 angle doesn’t work because Britain’s counter terrorism strategy is presently directed towards MENA and Yemen.

Its military intelligence is more geared towards China and Russia presently. There is no leverage in Afghanistan.

The british and Americans have disengaged from Afghanistan.

1680940821008.png

Update from friend in Kabul, Miles Routledge (Lord Miles) was arrested along 16 other people by GDI ( Tali secret police) on charges of espionage 😂.

I really hope the British Government doesn’t risk their soldiers or waste their money rescuing this retard.

These you tubers are flocking to Afghanistan to get views and it was bound to happen at some point. They arrested some wierd Pakistani guy I saw on YouTube too.

With their shorts and Jeeps and everything else screaming "Murica!!! F*ck Yeah!!!"? :lol:

Have you heard of that story of when Nasir Durrani was appointed Commandant at Sihala?
Sir I worked with Durrani Sahib at Sihalla and police lines Islamabad. I know the story of Richard J Coates from ATAP (US Team) and the phadda they caused.

They were booted out of Cobra course for a reason. They ended up in police lines, then ATAP came to a close then ICITAP started same project in Police Lines Islamabad and Quetta. 😂

These you tubers are flocking to Afghanistan to get views and it was bound to happen at some point. They arrested some wierd Pakistani guy I saw on YouTube too.
2 Pakistanis were arrested last year December. One was a Pakistani American - who entered via Peshawar. The other was a genuine trader dealing in Gas Containers.

Pakistan should not allow foreign tourists to enter Afghanistan via our ports. Journalists and humanitarians are another matter.

Sir I worked with Durrani Sahib at Sihalla and police lines Islamabad. I know the story of Richard J Coates from ATAP (US Team) and the phadda they caused.

They were booted out of Cobra course for a reason. They ended up in police lines, then ATAP came to a close then ICITAP started same project in Police Lines Islamabad and Quetta. 😂
I've only know that Americans were acting sterotypically American and Durrani sb wasn't allowed to inspect their quarters/section etc which he obviously didn't like as Commandant. And he had them booted. Idk anything else

If it's no problem, could you share some more on that. It's been so long, I think you should be good :p:

I've only know that Americans were acting sterotypically American and Durrani sb wasn't allowed to inspect their quarters/section etc which he obviously didn't like as Commandant. And he had them booted. Idk anything else

If it's no problem, could you share some more on that. It's been so long, I think you should be good :p:
Yea I can share now that ATAP has come to an end in Pakistan. The program you are talking about and the phadda was under the umbrella of ATAP: Anti Terrorism Assistance Program.

I am a graduate and instructor of the program so I know it very well.

D8707B0C-1FBF-43A1-B0EE-79956083420A.jpeg

The program started in 2003 to upskill and build capacity of Pakistani law enforcement ahead of SAARC conference.

The US engaged MOI and Islamabad / Sihala were chosen as ideal training centres for US DOJ trainers to conduct training and develop instructors under two programs.

VIS (Vital Installations Security)
CRT(Crisis Response Team = SWAT)

Later additional courses were added including PBI (Post Blast Investigation = terrorism forensics) and EIC (Explosive Incident Countermeasures courses = EOD Trchnician / Bomb Disposal Technician).

The problem started just before Durrani Sb took over as commandant as the head of ATAP ( an Senior Special Agent of the FBI) seconded to ATAP by the name of Richard Coates barred local staff and officers from entering the CRT training facilities citing that it was not American soil and there was a security risk - they had diplomatic immunity and basically that complex for 20 days was essentially an American base 😇.

Until strings were pulled at the DOS and Bureau of Diplomatic Security were asked by Pakistan to close up shop and remove their trainers and equipment. Our boys in Abpara got wind of SIGINT equipment being installed similar to the ones installed Aziz Bhatti Road (opposite PC) during GW Bush’s visit.

The FBI actually set up a massive AFIS and Digital Foresnics lab there. The forensics lab is still being used by Pakistan today.

Several Pakistani ex army wallas were booted out or exposed during this time.

Two name:

Major (actually medically discharged Captain) Muhammad Salem
216B752B-F560-4677-B6F5-4F15E2847898.jpeg

Capt (r) Zaidi - MD Interrisk

CEA84D8F-0A29-4BDA-A289-66DAF7924F01.jpeg

The the case of RD and Bradley was made open in the press and the can on works was opened. Durrani SB played a vital role in exposing this.

@villageidiot if this sort of business interests you I have posted a detailed post about it here:

Post in thread 'Power Play with Arshid Sharif on NGO and threat to national security.'
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/powe...eat-to-national-security.581305/post-10862496

Enjoy reading it and don’t go too deep in the rabbit hole, powerful people with deep pockets play in this domain (if you know what I mean) 😇.

@villageidiot if this sort of business interests you I have posted a detailed post about it here:

Post in thread 'Power Play with Arshid Sharif on NGO and threat to national security.'
https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/powe...eat-to-national-security.581305/post-10862496

Enjoy reading it and don’t go too deep in the rabbit hole, powerful people with deep pockets play in this domain (if you know what I mean) 😇.
I saw this part of your post in the reply just as I was about to post this reply 👇. Good looking out :lol:
And thanks for the link.

------------------------------

Americans. They couldn't resist the opportunity
:disagree:

But, we got their lab. I suppose it's a win

BTW, sir. From what is publicly known, what kind of equipment do they have in their embassy? Do they have C-RAMs here like they do in Iraq?

I saw this part of your post in the reply just as I was about to post this reply 👇. Good looking out :lol:
And thanks for the link.

------------------------------

Americans. They couldn't resist the opportunity
:disagree:

But, we got their lab. I suppose it's a win

BTW, sir. From what is publicly known, what kind of equipment do they have in their embassy? Do they have C-RAMs here like they do in Iraq?
I honestly couldn’t say what the Americans have installed in their embassy. But even when we worked with Americans and I’ve been inside the old US embassy compound, even then the MSG (Marine Security Guard - Detachment was like a mini army - all US marines - all kitted out and looking there part - that was in 2005).

We are now in 2023 😅

Back
Top Bottom