What's new

Taliban, Tajikistan embroiled in battle of words, saber-rattling

A dog barks in fear. Afghans instill fear in their neighbours.
Sure,
And that's the only thing those one trick ponies can do.
Instilling fear doesn't generate good relations, trade or prosperity.
Chengez Khan era is long gone when he used to build towers of human skulls in city centres to make the population fear him.
Even his successors had to resort to Diplomacy trade , science and other "no war" ways to create a functioning state and government.
Taliban and Afghani being thr same race, should learn from their ancestor.

If the Afghan-Tajik border is hot, then there is less likelihood of anything happening on our border.

So we should encourage Afghan-Tajik tensions.

Our border with AFG has been unstable for decades, while every other country they border seems to have suffered zero spillover.

It's our turn now to relax.

Sounds like the myopic Indian thinking: If there is chaos in Afghanistan, then good for India because Pakistan would be kept 'occupied'. And it actually worked for India in a limited way: India gained from Pakistan's losses (and so did Bangladesh) since 2001 but the true potentials of the South/Central Asian/Middle Eastern regions were not realized during the lost two decades for the region. Your post confirms the mindset of the STUPID LEADERS in South/Central Asia and the Middle East as I alluded to in my post above.

The divides of ethnicities, sects, races, historic grievances and what not, despite having so many natural and human resources, these regions will continue to punch way below their weight while regions like Europe, with equal, if not more, ethnic divides and shorter growing seasons, are prosperous; Europe is united behind the American flag.

I would laugh at the stupid leaders of India/Pakistan/Iran/China/Russia/the Stans about the unraveling situation in Afghanistan if it was not such a sad unraveling. All of these countries are going to lose in one way or another way because of the regional conflicts which they have been losing since at least 1979 because of wars and lack of connectivity.

STUPID THIRD WORLD MYOPIC LEADERS!!!

If the Afghan-Tajik border is hot, then there is less likelihood of anything happening on our border.

Our border with AFG has been unstable for decades, while every other country they border seems to have suffered zero spillover.

Let Afghans embrace peace.
It is more in Pakistan's interest for Afghanistan to join B&R and CPEC. Pakistan can enter the Central Asian market through Afghanistan.

Extracting lithium ore requires a lot of water, and more than 60% of the water resources in Central Asia are in Tajikistan.
Why didn't the Taliban give some unimportant positions to Tajiks?
If the Taliban want to develop its economy, it needs the support of all its neighbors and let Afghanistan join the economic system of the whole region.
Put down your AK47, hug all your neighbors and invite them to help you rebuild your home. Forget the hatred and pain of the past and welcome a peaceful and prosperous life in the future.

So why can't China give some "unimportant positions" to Uyghur, Miao , Yi , Tibetan, etc.?

So why can't China give some "unimportant positions" to Uyghur, Miao , Yi , Tibetan, etc.?
China is over 90% Han
No comparison with multi-ethnic Afghanistan
This makes little sense

1633086235811.gif

Last edited:
nice to know this. as an aside, I often see you posting useful Wikipedia links great for quickly checking information and confirming with cited sources. I think the CCP should allow this great resource to all of the population, not just some ranking users designated to represent China on forums. I hear that normal users are summoned at the police station if they get caught using English Wikipedia through a VPN.

Censorship of Wikipedia has occurred in many countries, including China, France, Germany, Iran, Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, Uzbekistan, and Venezuela. Some instances are examples of widespread internet censorship in general that includes Wikipedia content.
there are degrees of censorship, all countries ban something. but China is the only one banning people for researching only. has any country in the world ever arrested someone for reading, and only reading, the English Wikipedia?
but this is off-topic, I won't say more.

Last edited:
nice to know this. as an aside, I often see you posting useful Wikipedia links great for quickly checking information and confirming with cited sources. I think the CCP should allow this great resource to all of the population, not just some ranking users designated to represent China on forums. I hear that normal users are summoned at the police station if they get caught using English Wikipedia through a VPN.

plz google, you can know that there are 140 million VPN users in China.
If what you say is true, so how big a prison do you think China will build?
Think carefully with your little head. China is a big trading country. If China really prohibits VPN, how does China conduct foreign trade?

BTW: China bans free VPN under Falun Gong. China does not prohibit other legal VPN.

Last edited:
These hormonal teenagers called Taliban , will never grow.
What Taliban don't understand is that what they call their "internal matter" isn't so , and neighbours have to bear the brunt of their stupidity while they start a war and run away to the mountains.
So Pakistan and other neighbours have the right to say things they are saying.
They did the same stupidity last time and got hammered for 20 years, and doing it again.
They still have to make a stable government in their own Afghanistan and start running a system. But instead of concentrating that they are busy threatening Pakistan, and now Tajikistan, and more countries to follow.
Removing whatever little international support they've.

oh yes, the taliban asked US and nato to come and invade them

taliban were the once de stabilizing the region for 20 years

there are degrees of censorship, all countries ban something. but China is the only one banning people for researching only. has any country in the world ever arrested someone for reading, and only reading, the English Wikipedia?
but this is off-topic, I won't say more.

arrest? Well, I forgive you for not understanding Chinese.

No arrests.

This is a punishment order. Zhang Tao. The VPN that repeatedly uses Falungong from 2019 to 2020. The police's punishment was to summon Zhang Tao to the police station for reprimand, and then let him unload the VPN. That's all the punishment, no arrest.

oh yes, the taliban asked US and nato to come and invade them

taliban were the once de stabilizing the region for 20 years
USA and NATO had the weapons, money and public support to attack Afghanistan.
The word "Diplomacy " is not in Taliban or even Afghani dictionary, but that is not just a word but a wisdom.
Only if Taliban were wise enough to understand that not handing over Osama bin laden will start a war, they would have avoided a war by handing over OBL.

Mark my words now these Afghani being Afghani, the so called Taliban, will soon get bored of peace and start another long war.
Because that's the only thing they can do.

When the British were building Rawalpindi and Quetta cantonments nearly 150 years ago, their eyes were not just on Afghanistan but on CAR and Iranian Sistan territories. Unlucky for them that the Russians invaded the CARs and Afghanistan ended up as a buffer state.
Presently Putin is the KEY to stopping the fall of these republics. Once Russia ends up with a Biden type president a plethora of opportunities will emerge, the long dream of crossing the AMU DARYA will be accomplished.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom