What's new

Taliban takeover of Afghanistan: implications & next steps for Pakistan

Take a look at sindh police and you will find the answer to your question.

That was before we helped the US and handed over taliban to them.

To my understanding everything will be much more clear after a week or so. But i dont expect much hostility, and Pakistan should act warmly not confused at this moment of time, its done the clarity is there they are in power.

Their aim is peace and trade in Afghanistan and our aim is peace and trade in Pakistan. Being hostile to Pakistan does not serve any purpose at all.

Talking about culture yes we all have a little memory when talibani culture was applied on pakistani soils and how it went for many years those who loved and behold talibans so much also took the back seats thats entire separate debate , let me bring you back to the topic and i m interested in understanding your thoughts on .. what happened to afghan army !? Why they vanished and didnt put up a fight !? Thats all i ask

thank you
Look Pakistani social system has its own fabric. N we have worse then so called Taliban has as per your claim.
Second it not we decide for Taliban they fought 20 years with occupied forces. Their nation think they are their heros. I am student of history i never saw this fast reclaim of land by any nation way Taliban did.One simple reason support from locals. It is not possible 1000 percent not possible if you don't have help from inside.
Your last question about Afghan army. One 5 star General needs at least 25 years to reach its top. Just try to study Afghan army Recruitment system. You will have the answer no marit They were getting salaries when salaries were stopped game war over for them. Tags were recruited and they were looting usa money when money stoped coming they ran away. Talban were fighting by guns with usa and Afghan army was milking us dollars and they were doing their job separately. Both were destroying usa n nato with their own way.

Last edited:
To my understanding everything will be much more clear after a week or so. But i dont expect much hostility, and Pakistan should act warmly not confused at this moment of time, its done the clarity is there they are in power.

Their aim is peace and trade in Afghanistan and our aim is peace and trade in Pakistan. Being hostile to Pakistan does not serve any purpose at all.
Lets see. We should act warmly, yes, but with a clear mind, not with jazbaat.

I am more afraid about our internal situation tbh.

Religion above Nation
Tribal affiliations above National interests
Republic of Afghanistan, as a nation state, never existed, at least not in the minds of rural Afghans

ANA, mercenaries portrayed as professional army by the western media, had nothing to draw their incentive from to fight against Taliban once the West withdrew

1629057619428.png

News coming out that Ghani is stepping down as president and there will be no fighting for Kabul. The new government shall be formed by the Taliban and all citizens are now under the protection of Taliban. This has been done to prevent any further loss of life.

how is this peace full transition?

an armed group, took over another , bandit of amerika,

who voted for this ?

why no-UN, bullshit here.

Lets see. We should act warmly, yes, but with a clear mind, not with jazbaat.

I am more afraid about our internal situation tbh.

Except for the LGBT and libtards, people in Pakistan are happy. We should be happy for our brother muslim country which won its freedom, there is nothing wrong in it.

As far as TTP is concerned thats depends on how much influence Afghan Taliban actually have on the group and their commitment to not let anyone use Afghan soil against Pakistan. TTP is not a homogenous group and a lot of factions answer to terror sponser hostile agencies, which we have to fight on our own. ISKP (TTP Mohmand) is a common enemy.

The most that worries me is ethnofascist terrorism from proxies like PTM and Achakzai etc. They are the most dangerous because they have been crafted after learning from what went wrong with TTP, an effecrive media wing and influence in judiciary is nurtured to develop sense of ambiguity around them to protect it from brutal assult.

Considering the number of Indians I have encountered being stopped at boarding gates by US customs with them saying “Where is the money! Where is the rest of the money?” and them sweating away as they are interrogated on suspicion on laundering even though doesn’t everyone else carry money while traveling; is a basic case of the usual suspects and knowing character. In this case these people who were Afghan leadership were corrupt and the suspicion is a right
I travel with bags, don't sweat at any Customs, and am an Indian. Just saying.... Corruption at leadership is not just with Afghans, given the vitriol that is demonstrated right here for sar; every fallen leader in Pakistan for the past, Bhutto>Sharif>Musharraf>Sharif... and onwards.

edit: Also whats with moderators' comprehension these days?

how is this peace full transition?

an armed group, took over another , bandit of amerika,

who voted for this ?

why no-UN, bullshit here.

You always wake up at such moments on PDF LOL We know who you are man.

An eyewitness described the scene at Kabul airport:

"The departure hall turned into chaos after people said boarding passes were being printed secretly for officials and high-profile people who showed up at the airport.

I saw three former MPs, a few deputy ministers and some celebrities queuing up. Some didn’t even have a booking. We waited for almost eight hours, until airport staff started leaving their desks - first the check-in counters and then the migration and passport desks… different rumours created chaos. Some escaped from the airport and some rushed towards the gates.

No-one was in any of the passport check cabins and the QR scan doors were destroyed. There wasn’t a security check before getting to the gates.

We walked through and saw that the big glass doors between the gates and the airplanes were shattered. People ran towards the last plane (it seems the first plane, which was ours, was filled by officials and took off) and there was a second flight which people started to board.

It was almost a stampede.

We walked back and saw many hopeful passengers just sitting under the airplane near the runway. People were shocked and didn’t know what to do, running from one plane to the other.

We then walked towards the exit to get in the car. Armed men in plain clothes were guarding the airport.

People were very desperate, some were running towards the airport, some were escaping. In order to stop people from getting into the airport, the guards opened fire into the air.

When I was getting out, there was a guy shooting in the air. A few minutes away on the airport’s road, I saw several police vehicles left alone on the road with doors open.

I can still hear sporadic gunshots and helicopters."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom