What's new

Talking Pakistan to the military: An interview with a serving Pakistani army officer

Actually, from the picture on the drones is mixed. There are people in KPK who support drone strikes more as it's very precise. He's a military man so it makes sense for his perspective to be that of a soldier. Secondly, the other option of having a platoon hunt down the terrorist is more damaging. That's what he's talking about the locals need to feel that the army is theirs. Besides selected tribes much of KPK does not support the Talibs. Precise strikes form PA would remove the 'American disrespect' tone and make the conflict cleaner.

I think Drone dreadfulness has to do with the people on the ground fearing when the next drone strike will come. This does lot of physiological damage to ordinary folk living there in those tribal areas. I think the person giving the interview has not addressed this issue.

He just told his narrative in a military perspective.

Everyone needs to think for Pakistan, not themselves. I agree that for now we need a soldier's soldier. Gen. Kiyani has been good but we need someone who won't be afraid to take the fight where it needs to be fought.

I think that if this Gen. Tariq is appointed he would prove to be a bigger disaster for Pakistan than Musharraf. Ganja would sign the death warrant of his 3rd term now if he falls for this man.

This war was started by Musharraf on American orders now the Army how much it says its our war no body would trust them Sir and this war will not end by doing operations Taliban are a reality and we would have to accept it the only way out is Ulemas trying to teach them what really Islam is and we would have to form committee of Ulemas who and ask Taliban to put forward their demands and what laws they think are not according to Islam let Ulemas decide and what they decide implement it end fighting your own people shoot down drones and get rid of USA and Nato and by doing this break down the reason for which TTP get support and isolate the most hardcore ones who still don't want to listen and than ask local tribes to take them out and finish them this is the only solution other wise you are doomed and making Tariq Khan would only prove one thing that USA is the one who appoints Army Chief because we all know about Tariq Khan and his relations with USA

Zarvan, how can a man who stops supplies to one's army be their friend and not be our guy?

This war was started by Musharraf on American orders now the Army how much it says its our war no body would trust them Sir and this war will not end by doing operations Taliban are a reality and we would have to accept it the only way out is Ulemas trying to teach them what really Islam is and we would have to form committee of Ulemas who and ask Taliban to put forward their demands and what laws they think are not according to Islam let Ulemas decide and what they decide implement it end fighting your own people shoot down drones and get rid of USA and Nato and by doing this break down the reason for which TTP get support and isolate the most hardcore ones who still don't want to listen and than ask local tribes to take them out and finish them this is the only solution other wise you are doomed and making Tariq Khan would only prove one thing that USA is the one who appoints Army Chief because we all know about Tariq Khan and his relations with USA

Hmm well I personally think this officer spoke from his heart! Felt feelings of truth after reading this interview!

one thing is clear, we cannot negotiate with the terrorists. Kill them now. Kill the terrorists and kill those who shelter them as well.

Back
Top Bottom