What's new

Tank Designs

leopard_2a7.jpg

The Leopard 2 A7V ...the Bundeswehr has ordered 104 of them earlyer this year.

Main changes...
* improved frontal protection
* third generation thermal view
* completely new day and night view for driver forward and backward with night view.
* addopting modular fix points to add armor moduls to increase proetction depending on task
* relocating NBC system into turret
* at the old NBC place a cooling system gets added
* new communication system
* adding Auxiliary power generator
* redesigned final drive and transmission for better acceleration
* Saab Baraccuda System added
* improved firecontrol
* improved suspension

tanks are getting crazy with the weight of armor and ERA. why not just design a tank with base armor to stop 35mm APFDS. slap a APS that can shoot down RPG and ATGM, design the hull with double V to survive IED and mines. shouldn't weight more than 35 tonnes, must be cheap,fast, and reliable.

I don't understand why modern armies don't use blitzkrieg tactics to outmaneuver rats in the desert. it's constant static warfare where these rats can take you out with ATGM easily.
any v hull tracked vehicles out there?

@Beast @wanglaokan

PLA uses a 33T Tank in mountain terrain, while ROK uses a 55T tank in mountain terrain. why would PLA choose a light tank? I dont see much difference in geography apart from green scenery in ROK to barren mountains of Chinese border.

Does ZTQ-105 have top attack munition to penetrate enemy MBT turret top ?

@Beast @wanglaokan

PLA uses a 33T Tank in mountain terrain, while ROK uses a 55T tank in mountain terrain. why would PLA choose a light tank? I dont see much difference in geography apart from green scenery in ROK to barren mountains of Chinese border.

The mean altitude of Tibet montainous area is over 4000 meters, and those mountains in ROK are nothing compared to Tibet's.
Heavy tanks operate on high altitude with thin air is a disaster cause the engine output sharply decrease.
Not to mention China has large area of rivers and wetland in its south, we need a dedicated light tank there to do the job.

Sometimes you have to compromise firepower for mobility and agility of the tank.

@Beast @wanglaokan

http://military-today.com/tanks/new_chinese_light_tank.htm

The only tank with top attack capabilities is the Israel merkava who install a mortar at the rear compartment

Back
Top Bottom