What's new

Tanvier Mahmood

Suffa

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Tanvir made new Chief of Air Staff
From OUR correspondent

ISLAMABAD - The Government of Pakistan has designated Vice Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed as next Chief of Air Staff.

He will assume the command of Pakistan Air Force on March 20, 2006 on the retirement of Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat, the current Chief of Air Staff, said an official statement here on Monday.

Currently, he is serving as the Vice Chief of Air Staff for over two years, it added.
Air Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed was born in 1952 and got his initial education in Lahore. Subsequently after doing his FSc from PAF Public School, Sargodha, he joined PAF.

He graduated from PAF Academy, Risalpur, in April 1972 and went on to do Fighter and Operational Conversion courses. He first flew on the American F-86 (Sabre) and then flew all types of Chinese and French fighter aircraft on PAF inventory.

He is a qualified flying instructor (QFI) and Combat Commander on Fighter Aircraft. He commanded an elite fighter squadron the choicest F-16s Flg Wing, PAF Base Sargodha and the PAF Academy Risalpur.

In staff jobs Air Marshal has served as Deputy Director in Operations Branch, Personal Staff Officer to two Air Chiefs, Chief Project Director of F-16 Project, Senior Air Staff Officer at northern Air Command Peshawar and DG of Air Weapons Complex, Wah.

At senior staff assignments, Air Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed has the unique distinction of having served as Deputy Chief of Air Staff (Admin) and then Operations.

The Air Marshal has also served in UAE Air Force as a fighter instructor pilot. He is a graduate of Turkish Air War College, Turkey, and National Defence College Islamabad from where he did his MSc in Strategic Studies.

Source: http://www.paktribune.com/news/index.php?id=135695
---

well my comment (suker hay Mr Kaleem gone) :wall: :wall:

Any links? Please provide sources to all of your articles. No exceptions, and how you NOT going to provide source for such an important news?

Thanks.

Thanks so tell me what do you think, is this good for PAF or Kaleem was a good person?

Originally posted by WebMaster@Feb 28 2006, 03:38 AM
Any links? Please provide sources to all of your articles. No exceptions, and how you NOT going to provide source for such an important news?

Thanks.
[post=6354]Quoted post[/post]​

WebMaster actully it is a confirm news thats why i think link is not important yet but its ok thanks so according to my point of view (Thanks god Kaleem Saddat is gone because he acted like a teenager not a general he didn't know what is good and what is bad for PAF, he did absolutely nothing for PAF) (Sirf Kaleem ko Mercerdise mein bethna or parties attend karnay ka pata tha or kuch nai) just pray that our new cheif shouldnt behave or does like kaleem and hopefully will do something for PAF. :wall:

Originally posted by WebMaster@Feb 28 2006, 04:38 AM

Thanks.
[post=6354]Quoted post[/post]​

ISLAMABAD, Feb 27: The government on Monday designated Air Marshal Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed as the next Chief of the Air Staff, said a press release issued by the directorate of Public Relations, Pakistan Air Force here.

He will assume the PAF command on March 20 on the retirement of the incumbent Air chief Air Marshal Kaleem Saadat.

The senior most officer of the Pakistan Air Force, Tanvir Mehmood Ahmed will continue to work as the Vice Chief of Air Staff till the retirement of Air Marshal Kaleem Saadat.

Air Marshal Ahmed is a graduate of Turkish Air War College and National Defence College, Islamabad from where he did his MSc in Strategic Studies.

He graduated from PAF Academy, Risalpur in April, 1972. He got his initial education in Lahore and joined the PAF after doing his F.Sc from PAF Public School, Sargodha. He did fighter and operational conversion courses.

A Qualified Flying Instructor (QFI) and Combat Commander on fighter aircraft, he commanded Fighter Squadron, the choicest F-16s Flg Wing, PAF Base Sargodha and the PAF Academy, Risalpur.

In staff jobs, Air Marshal Ahmed served as Deputy Director in Operations Branch, Personal Staff Officer to two air chiefs, director of F-16 project, Senior Air Staff Officer at northern Air Command, Peshawar and director-general of Air Weapons Complex, Wah.

He has the unique distinction of having served as Deputy Chief of the Air Staff administration and operations.

The Air Marshal has also served in UAE Air Force as a fighter instructor pilot.

The Air chief-designate is father of four children, two of whom are pilots in the PAF. In recognition of his services, he has been decorated with Sitara-i-Basalat, Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military).

http://www.dawn.com/2006/02/28/top16.htm

Well lets see.

Kaleem Sadat.

His plan was to get the F-16s way before if we were allowed to. After no sign of the F-16s he went after the F-7s, Libyan Mirages, and retrofitted our Mirages and made them BVR capable. He funded PAC, allowing them to create avionics, air frame, many parts of the F-16s.

Dont underestimate our air cheifs, this thread is more of a childish thread, influenced by propaganda. He was the same guy who adviced Nawaz to create a joint aircraft with China similar to F-16 to meet our requirements to create a self-reliance air force, and he pretty much did what he could. I dont know if you follow air forces news or have any idea regarding our air force personales, are you even touch with them? Looks like your not, and that is the reason you have been following the pure propaganda, and crap that goes around and come around.

Saadat did whatever he could, but due to sanctions he was helpless, even then he maintained a minimum detterence by engaging in deals such as of the PL-12 and to get PL-7/9 air to air missiles secretly while contributing with other countries like Turkey for our F-16 parts, getting parts from U.A.E. It is quite known that parts were ordered for U.A.E but were later transfered to PAF.

retrofitted our Mirages and made them BVR capable

Mirage retrofit started way before Kaleem took over.
As for his performance, I will beleive he was good unless proven otherwise. As far as sitting in merc and attending parties is concerned, tell me about one member of the top brass who does not do it. What makes you sure that tanveer will not do it.

What else did Saadat did? Lets discuss that.

JF-17 *Sure!
Lobbied for F-16 *Sure
Got SD-10 *Sure
More F-7s for stop gap measurement *Sure
More Mirages for stop gap measurement *Sure
Saadat i guess never inducted another type, did Saadat aimed for getting K-8s as well?

Originally posted by Zeeshan S.@Mar 8 2006, 10:58 PM
What else did Saadat did? Lets discuss that.

JF-17 *Sure!
Lobbied for F-16 *Sure
Got SD-10 *Sure
More F-7s for stop gap measurement *Sure
More Mirages for stop gap measurement *Sure
Saadat i guess never inducted another type, did Saadat aimed for getting K-8s as well?
[post=6863]Quoted post[/post]​

PAF has 12 or so K-8s in service and I think there's an order for another 24 which was placed under Saadat, though I'm not too sure about this.

Your correct. There is an additional order of 24~ aircarft to replace T-37s, FT-5s and FT-6s?

he or army chief of pakistan is on a drive to have clean shaves on the roles and are not ready any more to accept relegious signs in the forces.It seems to be on the behest of the order of Mushraff.

I am sure once this news gets the due covergae the mullahs are going to hit the streets again.

ACM Saddat was alright. He did all he could to help PAF. I mean we were sanctioed when he was in power, so there was'nt much he could do. Just look, as soon the USA lifted sanctions he orderd the latest F-16s, and all the new stuff. The most important thing we should'nt forget is that he made PAF rely on it's self by this JF-17 deal. Preety soon JF-17 will be in service. But anywho let's just see what the new guy does. It's only fair to give him a chance too.

PS: When will the first batch of JF-17 is gonna arrive? Was't it suppose to be this month?

I dont know when but i believe it was some where in the 2006. A batch will be consisted of 5-7 planes divided among China and Pakistan? And that is one of the reasons why i believe Pakistan will have JF-17 with the same modification of the Chinese version FC-1 like avionics and engine but of course in avionics it wont be written in Chinese but English.

Tanvir takes over PAF command
By Our Reporter

ISLAMABAD, March 18: Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat handed over the command of Pakistan Air Force to Air Chief Marshal Tanvir Mahmood Ahmed at a ceremony held at the Air Headquarters here on Saturday. According to a press release issued by the directorate of public relations, Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat has retired after completing his command tenure.

Air Chief Marshal Tanvir was invested with ‘Air Chief Marshal’ rank badges by the outgoing air chief. Later, Air Chief Marshal Kaleem Saadat presented the command sword to his successor.

http://www.dawn.com/2006/03/19/top9.htm

i think we should be concerned about true spirit of islam being ignored by the government.
thanks

tahirkhely said:
i think we should be concerned about true spirit of islam being ignored by the government.
thanks

what do you mean by true spirit?

Back
Top Bottom