What's new

Tata Motors plans Iran JV with Khodro

Manindra

Reaction score
Country
India
Tata Motors is in negotiations with Iranian firm Kerman Khodro for setting up an assembly line for 20,000-30,000 cars in Iran.

Speaking on the sidelines of an interactive session organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (eastern region), S M R Dolatabadi, economic counselor, Iranian Embassy, said that negotiations were on and some automobile manufacturers were also showing interest in Iranian market. Iran was also looking major co-operation with India in the field of petrochemicals.

S Z Yaghoubi, Iranian ambassador, said, "We will take a big step in petrochemicals in the next one or two years."

Out of the $2.67 billion Indo-Iranian trade, oil accounts for $900 million. Iran has the second largest reserve of gas reserves in the world.

Yaghoubi said that a gas pipeline project was also being discussed. The routes could be offshore, deep sea, shallow sea or even onshore.

He, however, clarified that in the backdrop of the political relations between India and Pakistan, a strategic decision would have to be taken.

The contribution of Indo-Iranian trade is significant given that the trade between Saarc countries stood at $6 billion.

Yaghoubi said, according to the Tehran Declaration the four areas of co-operation that could be explored with India were energy, defence, hi-tech, transit & transport. He added, another area where India could participate was reconstruction of Iraq.

According to him, metals also had good potential for co-operation. Steel, aluminium and copper were segments where if Iran and India joined hands, they would have a greater say in the world market.

The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) is planning to send a delegation to Iran to explore opportunities in the mining sector, especially mining equipment.

http://www.business-standard.com/ar...plans-iran-jv-with-khodro-104021601016_1.html

tata is parsi company... they should find it easy to work in iran

BDW, my Iranian friends, TATA owns Jaguar and Land Rover too.

I'm gifting me this, this year or early next year. :D

SBTB22_JAGUAR1_931546g.jpg

tata is parsi company... they should find it easy to work in iran

They're an Indian company. That's like saying my 20th generation down descent can some how work well in India due to some similarities in genealogy . They'll be as American as it can get. It's hard enough to adjust for myself in India.

My friend, I'm not in India. ;)
I know that, that is why i was saying enjoy getting to own that car. ;)
here if we buy that car there will be a Income tax raid next day. :P

They're an Indian company. That's like saying my 20th generation down descent can some how work well in India due to some similarities in genealogy . They'll be as American as it can get. It's hard enough to adjust for myself in India.
You are wrong, They are Persians through and through,they haven't forgotten Iran/Persia completely.They still want to be associated with their land of origin, but it is another matter that Iran right now is Islamic and doesn't want to engage them due to the fear that they may again spread the Ancestors Religion again.
The persian Epic "Shah Nameh" (The Epic of Persian Kings) was translated by a Indian Parsi after Independence, i saw the acknowledgement letters from Iran.

Do you know 10 lakhs(it was in 2002-2003 etc. now the figure might have changed) are deposited when a Parsi kid is born by their trust/ society?so that parsi kid is never poor and gets a good life,somewhat similar to jews in USA i guess,
It's a collective they want to keep their Lineage pure and not intermingle with other desis,? Also if you happen to have a parsi name you are sure to get a good job in Tatas or other Parsi Companies like Godrej etc.
In Mumbai if you try to buy land in a Parsi area,they show you a rope with a knot,they tell you,
"you must hang yourself and then be reborn as a Parsi in next birth to buy land in their area of influence".
Like i said i know a lot about Parsis.
They want to practice Eugenics,but unfortunately,their females tend to marry others in most cases.

Last edited:
You are wrong, They are Persians through and through,they haven't forgotten Iran/Persia completely.They still want to be associated with their land of origin, but it is another matter that Iran right now is Islamic and doesn't want to engage them due to the fear that they may again spread the Ancestors Religion again.
The persian Epic "Shah Nameh" (The Epic of Persian Kings) was translated by a Indian Parsi after Independence, i saw the acknowledgement letters from Iran.
I know about Parsis a lot.

Do you know 10 lakhs(it was in 2004 etc. now the figure might have changed) are deposited when a Parsi kid is born by the society?its a collective they want to keep their Lineage pure and not intermingle with other desis,? Also if you happen to have a parsi name you are sure to get a good job in Tatas or other Parsi Companies like Godrej etc.
In Mumbai if you try to buy land in a Parsi area,they show you a roped with a knot,they tell you,
"you must hang yourself and then be reborn as a Parsi in next birth to buy land in their area of influence".
Like i said i know a lot about Parsis.
They want to practice Eugenics,but unfortunately,their females tend to marry others in most cases.

Bro, they saved their religion, names, etc. sure. No different from me(I am only 1st), or maybe same for my 10th generation down the line kin in America. But I am a New Yorker-American in swagger, thinking, etc(I know NYers are diverse but you get it). I never really understood this UNTIL I went to India for the first. I cant properly explain this to you, but many British, American, etc. 'Desis' can probably understand. It surely cant be different to someone that's been in Maharashtra for several, several generations.

It's no different to the several Irish, Italian Americans as well. They'll go to their respective ancestral countries and they're way different than them.

Last edited:
Bro, they saved their religion, names, etc. sure. No different from me(I am only 1st), or maybe same for my 10th generation down the line in America. But I am a New Yorker-American in swagger, thinking, etc. I never really understood this UNTIL I went to India for the first. I cant properly explain this to you, but many British, American, etc. 'Desis' can probably understand. It surely cant be different to someone that's been in Maharashtra for several generations.

It's no different to the several Irish, Italian Americans as well. They'll go to their respective ancestral countries and they're way different than them.
I have had my stay outside India for a long time,too. I was also lured with a good life if i convert in Western nations, but i didn't
Saving their religion, names is not the issue here, bro.
All that swag might works in USA,but in India people are confused about, why are you bending your upper thorax and moving your head side to side as if to see someone in a crowd,while make hand gestures.No that doesn't work.
I see my Cousins all the time, they never exhibit this swag nor do their children, who happen to be multi-racial
Well i don't know about Italians though.

Last edited:
I have had my stay outside India for a long time,too. I was also lured with a good life if i convert in Western nations, but i didn't
Saving their religion, names is not the issue here, bro.
All that swag might works in USA,but in India people are confused about, why are bending your upper thorax and moving your head side to side as if to see someone in a crowd,while make hand gestures.No that doesn't work.
I see my Cousins all the time, they never exhibit this swag nor do their children, who happen to be multi-racial
Well i don't know about Italians though.

The example of a 3rd generation Irish and to an actual Irish person in Ireland is a great example. Hell, there are certain difference between Americans from West coast, Midwest, South, and New England. Please forget about an Indian raised in a diverse environment in New York to an Indian raised in Kerala, for example. Now even more so, forget about some Parsi guy raised in Maharashtra, with generations stretching back well before any Italian, Polish, German, Irish in this country to an Iranian in Iran. You dont need to see the subtle difference for yourself, I do. Even with the foreign exchange students from India, I do.

The example of a 3rd generation Irish and to actual Irish person in Ireland are great example. Hell, there are certain difference between Americans from West coast, Midwest, South, and New England. Please forget about an Indian raised in a diverse environment in New York to an Indian raised in Kerala, for example. Now even more so, forget about some Parsi guy raised Maharashtra, with generations stretching back well before any Italian, Polish, German, Irish in this country to an Iranian in Iran. You dont need to see the subtle difference for yourself, I do. Even with the foreign exchange students from India, I do.
Brother, i don't know why you are associating 1st gen ,3rd gen or Xgen with anything.
The point here is The parsis have physical bodies here in Bharat but their minds are still in Iran/Persia.They still want to get back to their land.
"Body Present here but Mind absent in other place" describes perfectly what they want to be.
Alas, only Bharat could provide the sanctuaries or appeasement they want it to be,Nowhere else would they have tried that stunt.
Coming to the topic, i believe this JV with Khodro will be signed not because of India, but because we were "Brothers from the same Mother or Father" Concept( as they don't like Mother being named on Passaports only Fathers.), only thing is the other brother adopted a different lifestyle and outlook,while another sticked to their ancestral lifestyle and outlook.

If you know how Parsi companies work,then you would know better.

I know that, that is why i was saying enjoy getting to own that car. ;)
here if we buy that car there will be a Income tax raid next day. :P

Have you checked Magus cars? They have some awesome used inventory. You can get a used Audi A5 for like 25 lakhs.

Back
Top Bottom