What's new

Taxes and the protests against them

S.Y.A

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So recently I was passing through some mobile markets of Pindi, and there were banners all over the place saying that "Mobile taajiron ka muashi Qatl e aam band karo" etc. Today I heard that mobile markets in Karachi are on strike. All of this because the Govt is now actively implementing tax and duty regimen on imported used phones.

The same policy(duties on cars) is applied to import of used cars since ages. I dont see them protesting against paying taxes. These mobile phone importers used to import them without paying any duties/taxes to the customs or having them registered at PTA first. now that they can longer get away with the tax theft, they are protesting against it. this hadharaami is the reason we are where we are right now.

Another protest was that of restaurants in Islamabad, when FBR implemented a system where a copy of any invoice/bill generated by the restaurant will be sent to FBR online as well, so that all sales can be recorded. these assh*les, found a way around that and turned off their systems. they would open them just once a day, at closing time, and of course enter fake information showing lesser sales. FBR started sending teams to record this, and the owners also called for a strike. these restaurants are involved in under invoicing, they charge sales tax from the customers, but pay nothing to the FBR. and when the FBR started collecting what is due to them, they threatened to call a strike. Some deal was reached, that shouldnt have been.

The Govt and FBR should and must squeeze these people more, and also inform the public of their sleazy practices. The so-called business community is busy in robbing the govt blind, and no one s batting an eye.

I think most countries in the world have maximum tax of 19% on mobile phones whereas they are taxed to obscene amounts i.e. 41% tax on mobile phones in Pakistan. You can get an S10 for 99k in Saudi Arabia whereas the same phone costs 140k in Pakistan. Mobile phones are being extremely heavily taxed.

Pakistan is a special country , and special country needs special Tax

• You get something in return , when you sleep your home is not demolished outsiders
  • When you wake up you have a place to go to work
  • Then you also have 100+ TV channels to listen to Siasat
  • Abundance of fruit and livestock to eat

Every home which is more then single story , should be taxed extra as well

Single Story : Normal Property Tax
Double Story : Double Property Tax (Rental Income)
Tripple Story : Tripple Property Tax (Rental Income)

Take it easy on that Imported tea as well

Last edited:
This heavy taxation will destroy businesses. People will lose jobs. There already are no jobs. Taxation is not the answer to our problems.

• You get something in return , when you sleep your home is not demolished outsiders

Our tax money goes in the pockets of ruling elite+ we don't get any services in return.

Taxation = life line for Government to introduce new changes for poor

Taxes not paid cell phone will be disconnected
Taxes not paid electricity line will be cut
Taxes not paid gas/water lines will be cut
Taxes not paid internet is shut

Pay as you Go now !!!

Normal Practice world wide

Pakistani need to stop playing victim card and pay their share of taxes and keep receipts

Last edited:
Taxation = life line for Government to introduce new changes for poor

Taxes not paid cell phone will be disconnected
Taxes not paid electricity line will be cut
Taxes not paid gas/water lines will be cut

Pay as you Go now !!!

Normal Practice world wide
Normal practice world wide is you get services in return ---- Now if you could write down the services provided by the govt.

Sell a Gold bar or wife's gold chain like in movie or sell off used clothese or shoes to poor in garage sale

or do 2 jobs

Property Tax is is calculated base on your size of your lot when you make a double story you double size of your land , it's stacked up each other

But double Taxes are due

Similarly when you build another illegal third story in your home villa, you have again expanded your property , so Triple Property Tax becomes due

Most Pakistanis rent the Double Story , or the Third Story Level , so for Government to ask

3x times the Property Tax for Tripple Story buildings is Justified

• Abundance of fruit and livestock to eat

Take it easy on that Imported tea as well

But the same IK in 2014 said do not pay taxes or bills and start civil disobedience. I am follower of that IK and not the new one.

So recently I was passing through some mobile markets of Pindi, and there were banners all over the place saying that "Mobile taajiron ka muashi Qatl e aam band karo" etc. Today I heard that mobile markets in Karachi are on strike. All of this because the Govt is now actively implementing tax and duty regimen on imported used phones.

The same policy(duties on cars) is applied to import of used cars since ages. I dont see them protesting against paying taxes. These mobile phone importers used to import them without paying any duties/taxes to the customs or having them registered at PTA first. now that they can longer get away with the tax theft, they are protesting against it. this hadharaami is the reason we are where we are right now.

Another protest was that of restaurants in Islamabad, when FBR implemented a system where a copy of any invoice/bill generated by the restaurant will be sent to FBR online as well, so that all sales can be recorded. these assh*les, found a way around that and turned off their systems. they would open them just once a day, at closing time, and of course enter fake information showing lesser sales. FBR started sending teams to record this, and the owners also called for a strike. these restaurants are involved in under invoicing, they charge sales tax from the customers, but pay nothing to the FBR. and when the FBR started collecting what is due to them, they threatened to call a strike. Some deal was reached, that shouldnt have been.

The Govt and FBR should and must squeeze these people more, and also inform the public of their sleazy practices. The so-called business community is busy in robbing the govt blind, and no one s batting an eye.

I think government should remove Sales Tax on restaurants altogether because recovery is almost nothing but people are paying.

This heavy taxation will destroy businesses. People will lose jobs. There already are no jobs. Taxation is not the answer to our problems.
Giving up Kashmir is the only answer to our problems but our army won't let it happen.

Back
Top Bottom