What's new

TB2 falls victim to friendly fire in Ukraine

Foinikas

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Check this out:

Ukraine has said it malfunctioned and they lost control of it so they shot it down…

A bit weird to see a TB2 on over Kiev..

5 million USD per TB2. With 2 billion USD, they can equip 400 TB2 for Ukraine.
It was an effective investment, helping Ukraine against Russia.
But I guess the Western powers don't like Türkiye.
The TB2 was good at first,when the Russians rushed in and were completely unorganized. After they started using their AA defence better,the TB2s disappeared from the sky and videos of successes against Russian targets stopped coming out.

To equip Ukraine with 400 TB2s would mean Turkey will have to concentrate on full production just for Ukraine and expand their staff and facilities.

The TB2 was good at first,when the Russians rushed in and were completely unorganized. After they started using their AA defence better,the TB2s disappeared from the sky and videos of successes against Russian targets stopped coming out.

To equip Ukraine with 400 TB2s would mean Turkey will have to concentrate on full production just for Ukraine and expand their staff and facilities.
TB2's are doing fine, They were effective in Snake island liberation too, Point is Russian tanks can be taken down by DJI drone with simple granade so there is no need to use them

Check this out:

It happens, no big deal. It's an active war zone, and malfunctions happen all the time.

The US lost a ton of drones over Afghanistan/Pakistan skies due to malfunctions, leading to then either crashing or being shot down.

That Guy is right. This is a war and technical issues can happen.

It happens, no big deal. It's an active war zone, and malfunctions happen all the time.

The US lost a ton of drones over Afghanistan/Pakistan skies due to malfunctions, leading to then either crashing or being shot down.
Actually, it looks like it was shot while descending for landing. Not the TB-2's operational altitude. Or it could be completely out of control and there could be a problem with the autopilot landing. It seems that it is a civilian settlement, and at the moment it is hit, the sound of an excited crowd rises.

Ukrainian sources first announced that they had shot down a Russian UAV. Then they retracted this statement and said that they were shot down due to a technical problem in order not to endanger civilians.

Yeah,someone shot down their own helicopter and blamed Pakistan.

Then they retracted this statement and said that they were shot down due to a technical problem in order not to endanger civilians.
And that was the best decision.

TB2's are doing fine, They were effective in Snake island liberation too, Point is Russian tanks can be taken down by DJI drone with simple granade so there is no need to use them
I don't know what Russians have been doing the last 10 years. They've been left behind so much. So much propaganda when it came to weapons systems and technologies. And in the end....bad logistics,little organisation,corrupted officers.

Yeah,someone shot down their own helicopter and blamed Pakistan.
Dint really know what you're implying, but it doesn't matter. It's a piece of tech, which means it's prone to some sort of mechanical or software failure.

It was shot down in a friendly fire incident. End of story.

That doesn't imply anything negative about the drone itself.

Listen I know you're Greek and have a hate-boner for anything Turkish, but let's not dismiss/replace basic facts with baseless conspiracy theories, or unreasonable explanations.

Dint really know what you're implying, but it doesn't matter. It's a piece of tech, which means it's prone to some sort of mechanical or software failure.

It was shot down in a friendly fire incident. End of story.

That doesn't imply anything negative about the drone itself.

Listen I know you're Greek and have a hate-boner for anything Turkish, but let's not dismiss/replace basic facts with baseless conspiracy theories, or unreasonable explanations.
You didn't get it. I'm talking about the Indians shooting down their own helicopter during battle and then blaming Pakistan. Back in 2019.

That's what I'm talking about. Friendly fire.

Back
Top Bottom