What's new

techies,gamers plzzzz help me.........

pakindia

Reaction score
i have ordered online a new dell desktop xps-8500 from dell,india for me....'

my needs are extreme gaming...so i need suggestions that whether i should go for alienware desktops or custom built it or stick with dell xps, i have already ordered it but they have given me 2 days deadline to cancel the order...

dell xps 8500 tech specs--

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.90 GHz)
Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit (English)
8GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
NVIDIA graphics accelerator gt-640 upgradable

INR- Rs.77,800/- including VAT...is it a good deal??

if anyone suggests custom built, can they give me tech specs with best deals....??

detailed specs--

XPS 8500
3rd Generation Intel Quad Core i5 and i7 processor options (Intel Quad Core i5 3450 or Intel Quad Core i7 3770)
Powerful AMD Radeon and NVIDIA GeForce graphics options (1GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640ii or 1GB AMD Radeon HD 7570ii)
Configure with up to 16GB of DDR3 memory (4GB standard)ii; 4 DIMM Slots
Configure with up to 3TB 8.89 cm (3.5) 7200RPM HDD (1TB standard)i; optional HDD and SSD configurations up to 3TB + 256GB mSATA SSDi
DVD drive with optional Blu-Ray Combo drive for advanced entertainment
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional and Ultimate options
Integrated 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
Bluetooth 4.0 with Wi-Fi card; optional WLAN combo card (802.11n + BT 4.0)
Integrated 7.1 Surround Sound
(4) USB 3.0 + (6) USB 2.0 PowerShare; RJ45 Ethernet, HDMI, VGA, Headphone jack, Microphone jack, 19-in-1 media card reader
Available in White with Chrome trim

fully detailed specs--

XPS 8500
XPS 8500 Base for Direct, Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit (English) 1
Base XPS 8500 Base for Direct
Memory 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600MHz Memory
Keyboard Dell(TM) Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse Bundle
Monitor Dell IN1930 47cm (18.5") Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 640
Hard Drive 2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
Chassis option XPS 8500 PFC Chassis (White)
Floppy and Media Reader 19 in 1 Media Card Reader
Operating System Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit (English)
Mouse Wireless Mouse is included in Dell™ Consumer Wireless Keyboard and Mouse
Optical Drive Blu-ray Combo Drive (BD-R, DVD+/-RW), Write to CD/DVD
Sound Card Integrated high definition 7.1 channel audio
Speakers Dell™ AX210 USB Stereo Speakers
Wireless Solution Dell Wireless 1703 (802.11 b/g/n) WLAN half mini-Card
ower cord(system) Power Cord (IND)
Power cord(1st monitor)
Power Cord (IND)
Shipping Documentations Shipping Documentations ICC
Dell Services: Hardware Maintenance 1 Year Complete Cover Accidental Damage Protection with Premium Phone Support
Resource DVD Resource DVD
Placemat XPS 8500 Placemat
Processor 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.90 GHz)
Microsoft OS Labels Windows 7® Label
Dell Services: Configuration Services HDD Partitio Custom Partition-30% Primary/Remainder 70% Secondary
Power DVD Cyberlink Power DVD Software for Blu-ray
Dell Service: Item included Technical Support
Freight Dimension Desktop XPS-MT Handling and Insurance Charges
Monitor Freight Monitor Handling & Insurance Charges 19"/20" Flat Panel
Office Software Microsoft® Office Starter 2010: reduced-functionality Word & Excel w/ads. No PowerPoint or Outlook.
Item included in the system ARC FOR ICC WINDOWS
Security Software McAfee® SecurityCenter™ (Multi-Language) - 15 Months Promo
Dell Services Installaton Basic Client Installation Services of a Desktop or Laptop(for hardware Installation Only)
Dell Services: Datasafe Backup Service 1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB
Windows® 7 Media Options OS Media is not included

GT-640 is not the best video card, i would suggest build your own custom box.

Try the Psycho Killer the ultimate computer gaming system

If you're a hardcore gamer who's looking for a gaming computer that will disintegrate the competition, then the Psycho Killer is the top choice. Now this isn't your average gaming pc by any means, it's actually the fastest gaming computer in the entire universe. This computer is running dual 6 core XEON processors, which are sure to bring the pain to all of your enemies.

This one is meant for those brave souls who dare to take on the Psycho Killer to only proceed with extreme caution, because this computer can melt your face off!!

> This Killer Computer comes equipped standard with dual XEON 6 core processors (12 cores!) that includes TurboBoost 2.0 technology.
> 48 GB of DDR3 RAM.
> Asus HD7870-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7870 Graphic Card - 1 GPUs - 1010 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI-Express 3.0 x16

And that will blow the competition away! And blow your bank balance to smithereens too! :hang2:

Cheers!

Yar why computer for Gaming??
Why not purchase XBOX360 slim with kinect.
or Why not Play station 3 Slim?

i am in college where xbox is not allowed and i can meet my daily requirements too other than gaming in a PC as my field is robotics,mechanics.......

Try the Psycho Killer the ultimate computer gaming system

If you're a hardcore gamer who's looking for a gaming computer that will disintegrate the competition, then the Psycho Killer is the top choice. Now this isn't your average gaming pc by any means, it's actually the fastest gaming computer in the entire universe. This computer is running dual 6 core XEON processors, which are sure to bring the pain to all of your enemies.

This one is meant for those brave souls who dare to take on the Psycho Killer to only proceed with extreme caution, because this computer can melt your face off!!

> This Killer Computer comes equipped standard with dual XEON 6 core processors (12 cores!) that includes TurboBoost 2.0 technology.
> 48 GB of DDR3 RAM.
> Asus HD7870-DC2-2GD5 Radeon HD 7870 Graphic Card - 1 GPUs - 1010 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI-Express 3.0 x16

And that will blow the competition away! And blow your bank balance to smithereens too! :hang2:

Cheers!

very much interested is it available in india?? plzzz provide links for online ordering or their website........i am hearing it for the first time...hehe

GT-640 is not the best video card, i would suggest build your own custom box.

can you help plzzz providing me which motherboards,gpu,processor,accessories,chipsets,etc etc to buy??

Buy ASUS ROG G75

D80LaNC6MhIoJHka_500.jpg

i have ordered online a new dell desktop xps-8500 from dell,india for me....'

my needs are extreme gaming...so i need suggestions that whether i should go for alienware desktops or custom built it or stick with dell xps, i have already ordered it but they have given me 2 days deadline to cancel the order...

dell xps 8500 tech specs--

3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3770 processor (3.40 GHz with Turbo Boost 2.0 up to 3.90 GHz)
Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64 bit (English)
8GB3 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
2TB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing
NVIDIA graphics accelerator gt-640 upgradable

INR- Rs.77,800/- including VAT...is it a good deal??

if anyone suggests custom built, can they give me tech specs with best deals....??

661579.jpg

Bro ..this Config Is enough to play high end games like HAWX 2 and Battlefield 3 and more and also you can download files on the same time ...more than two or three Application can run on dell xps 8500....

also It has a Bluray drive and USB 3.0,
An this config is enough for you ....

check this link for some expert review Dell XPS 8500 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
Alien ware is and Dell are same companies

See when Buying or Building a new Desktop for gaming, these things you should keep in mind...

- Most Imp is Selection of GPU....a good graphic card is center of things here, get a decent midranged graphic card...it will server you for next 2 years with ease....For me best PCIe card in market is Radeon HD 6870...For high end gaming people put two GPU in SLI, it will cost 20k-25k....

-Good Processor, i7 is an excellent choice...

- Ram again, anything from 4 GB to 8 GB

- Check what is the highest possible resolution ur Monitor can support...I will put it in this way, if ur monitor is not supporting Full HD (19200x1080) change it.....U will be amazed how good a game looks on full HD.... Additionally if you can have slots like HDMI on ur monitor then its worth it...

-Cabinate, See where the fans have been installed.....It is very imp to reduce heat and some times will help avoiding crashes when u are In-Game...Liquid cooling system are top notch...but are very costly, better to avoid them....

- Lastly check the benchmarks before purchasing..iam putting one for u in the bottom...

Ur Specs are pretty good....Gt-640 is an mid ranged Graphic card, you will be able to play all the new games on high resolution but not on high settings...there will be drop on frame rates when u turn Anti-Aliasing on....

BF3%201920.png

Who'd play PC games when you've state of the art consoles at your disposal? Remember, PC's get outdated after a year or two while consoles still remains the same... so better idea would be to go for Xbox/PS3.

Or if you're hell bent on playing games on PC, I'd suggest go for MacBook Pro and install Windows. It will beat any existing beast-PC on the market in performance and gaming experience.

Hehe...XBOX or PS3 can never compete with PC's high end gaming capabilities....If you prefer a joystick over a keyboard then only u should buy a console or if u want to play Takken/street fighter with ur frnds :)

Buy ASUS ROG G75

D80LaNC6MhIoJHka_500.jpg

sorry not interested in laptops,they get heated very fast and upgrading them costs a lot.......and not ever suitable for a gamer......

661579.jpg

Bro ..this Config Is enough to play high end games like HAWX 2 and Battlefield 3 and more and also you can download files on the same time ...more than two or three Application can run on dell xps 8500....

also It has a Bluray drive and USB 3.0,
An this config is enough for you ....

check this link for some expert review Dell XPS 8500 Review - Watch CNET's Video Review
Alien ware is and Dell are same companies

i know that, i was just asking whether it is worth the money i am paying?? or i can get it much cheaper and good quality if custom built........

Who'd play PC games when you've state of the art consoles at your disposal? Remember, PC's get outdated after a year or two while consoles still remains the same... so better idea would be to go for Xbox/PS3.

Or if you're hell bent on playing games on PC, I'd suggest go for MacBook Pro and install Windows. It will beat any existing beast-PC on the market in performance and gaming experience.

This has to be a joke or at least a troll comment. I don't expect anyone to say something this stupid.

@OP

You're better off building your own rig which is right within your budgets. Condering you're in the technical field in Uni, you should have a decent knowledge in building a computer from scratch. Please for the love of God, don't buy an alienware. It's a tati computer not to mention over priced. You're paying mostly for the brand itself rather than the actual computer. Estimage your budget, get yourself the parts, make it yourself. Simple.

/Close Thread

Hahhaa man, u dont know what you are talking about.....I own a PC and PS3......i have played every possible game on both of them....EA uses a scaled down version of there Frostbite2 engine (Battlefield 3) for XBOX/PS3 u noe why, because ur console cant handle it....

PCs can be upgraded at minimal cost..........:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom