What's new

Tejas scripts history in Bahrain with a Stunning Demo

What are the aviation experts saying regarding the flight? any feedback?

What are the aviation experts saying regarding the flight? any feedback?

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today said full-scale production of the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas will begin by next year and that other countries have shown interest in the plane.

"As per my primary report, it is appreciated by other countries who are interested... By next year, we are starting full-scale production," he told reporters at the NCC Republic Day camp here.

Read more at:
Full-scale production of Tejas by next year: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar - The Economic Times

Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar today said full-scale production of the indigenous Light Combat Aircraft Tejas will begin by next year and that other countries have shown interest in the plane.

"As per my primary report, it is appreciated by other countries who are interested... By next year, we are starting full-scale production," he told reporters at the NCC Republic Day camp here.

Read more at:
Full-scale production of Tejas by next year: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar - The Economic Times

What will be interesting is to get a insight in the next few days from independent aviation analysts who are there to write reports and give their verdict.

Practically.jpg

Practically this man too can beat Usain Bolt but for this he has to reduce his weight by 600 kg :lol:

Practically it can go upto
Mach 2 but for this we have to reduce its weight by 500 to 600 KG

LCA GE404 is most upgraded version of this engine series

We need to ramp up production to atleast 20 birds per year.

we need private sector. I'm pretty sure that exports are possible. I remember reading that when the project was first announced a lot of countries like Philippines and Thailand were interested. Then the delays kicked in. Fact is that light fighters are the perfect frontline for small countries. Now at last is a light fighter tested to death with all the goodies that a modern AF needs.

Now at last is a light fighter tested to death with all the goodies that a modern AF needs.
To be honest I think this is the way to have gone- yes it has hurt in the short term but long term the gains wlll be for all to see.

If a potential customer comes to HAL/GoI/ADA today looking for information with the potential of buying the LCA, they can sit down and have a comprehensive breif on the LCA's capabilites and the LCA will meet every requirement a customer looking for that a 4.5 gen lightweight fighter could possibly havel HMDS, EW systems, care free handling (full qaduruplex FBW), easy maintenence (carbon composite airframe), IFR probe etc etc- this is on offer from DAY ONE, not some point in the future, not after X amount of planes have been produced. Not to mention, there is a twin seat version (which, no matter what anyone tells you, is a HUGE deal if you want to get an export order).

And just for fun, they can show them the N-LCA taking off from the SBTF, anyone who doubts that this is a mature and capable aircraft will be silenced by that ;)

And then, the fact there is a very clear and well funded roadmap (MK.1A,MK.2, N-LCA etc etc).

She's a little beast and that is for all to see, it isn't a promise to be in the future at an unspecified date.

To be honest I think this is the way to have gone- yes it has hurt in the short term but long term the gains wlll be for all to see.

If a potential customer comes to HAL/GoI/ADA today looking for information with the potential of buying the LCA, they can sit down and have a comprehensive breif on the LCA's capabilites and the LCA will meet every requirement a customer looking for that a 4.5 gen lightweight fighter could possibly havel HMDS, EW systems, care free handling (full qaduruplex FBW), easy maintenence (carbon composite airframe), IFR probe etc etc- this is on offer from DAY ONE, not some point in the future, not after X amount of planes have been produced. Not to mention, there is a twin seat version (which, no matter what anyone tells you, is a HUGE deal if you want to get an export order).

And just for fun, they can show them the N-LCA taking off from the SBTF, anyone who doubts that this is a mature and capable aircraft will be silenced by that ;)

And then, the fact there is a very clear and well funded roadmap (MK.1A,MK.2, N-LCA etc etc).

She's a little beast and that is for all to see, it isn't a promise to be in the future at an unspecified date.

Agreed, it's a very mature project where even the trainers have been flying for years. The good thing about the IAF is that they're very obsessed with what is needed to fight. So they beat the project into a pulp and got a lot of things done. Case in point, AESA. They didn't cut corners but got a good fighting machine and still want more. Even the composite structure.... you can see the number of rivets in the JF 17 frame, all of which will need maintainence.

Overall, a great job. This project is turning out to be like ALH. Starts with everyone crying foul and ending up with several decades of production lines running. Plus, obviously AMCA design, fly by wire etc. will be derived from LCA.

Practically.jpg

Practically this man too can beat Usain Bolt but for this he has to reduce his weight by 600 kg :lol:

I don't think we should factor Pakistan into our military planning anymore. If this is their intellectual level, they'll never be a threat to us I guess.

Back
Top Bottom