AZADPAKISTAN2009

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ZONG to invest more in Pakistan

Reference:
ZONG to invest more in Pakistan

Islamabad—ZONG has planned to expand its services in the telecom field. Speaking at a grand Iftar party hosted in honour of stakeholders in a local hotel, Fan Yun Jun, Chief Executive Officer of China Mobile Pak Limited said ZONG is trying to improve its quality of service and a programme of expansion is also underway to provide vast spectrum of services to its customers.

Pakistan and China are all weather friends and more investment is in the pipeline to reach to the maximum number of people of Pakistan. ZONG is an important player in the market and its services are very competitive and affordable. All types of solutions have been offered to the customers, he said. Besides digitalizing its services, Fan Yun Jun said ZONG has expanded its infrastructure.

A programme of welfare has also been initiated in different fields including healthcare. ZONG is friend of people of Pakistan, he said. A large number of people from different segments of society attended the Iftar dinner. Top brass of ZONG was present on the occasion.

service and rates were very good.. There were also rumores that they bringing 3g service into life. Don't knw about present..

ZONG Gives Lowest Call Rates And the Best Pakage in pakistan for Call on Zong to Zong Rs 7 per day and zong to zong free all day
پاكى;2044048 said:
How do u rate it's service & rates compared to other companies?

ZONG and Zardari always come to my mind together since he has assumed president-ship. Dont know why but that is the reality.

Never used this service so don't know but one of my friend had this service & he told me that he pay certain amount to make sms unlimited for a month, i had used warid in Pakistan & it had no offer like that.

If there was a ZONG here in U.S. I would sign up for it.

I'm going to support Chinese products here in U.S. :china: :pakistan:

ZONG Television AD:

Last edited by a moderator:
I think telenor, zong, Mobilink and ufone will be serious contenders for 3G in Pakistan. Probably three of them would get 3G licence.

can any one tell about the process of 3G licensing in pak, and how much revenue GOP is expecting to get as license fee and spectrum sale

*Pakistan*has indefinitely delayed an auction to sell third-generation (3G) mobile telecoms licences, two operators told Reuters, which if completed would have raised a minimum of $630 million for the cash-strapped country.
The auction of three 3G licences had been scheduled to be held on March 29, according to a January government memorandum, and would be open to the five existing mobile operators plus potential new entrants.
Potential bidders were due to submit expressions of interest from January 21, but they have yet not been invited to do so, Walid Irshaid, chief executive of Pakistan Telecommunication Co (PTCL), told Reuters.
“All the dates announced earlier have been put on hold, what the new date is we don’t know,” said Irshaid. “The first step was not even taken yet. No official notification has been received by us or any other operator.”
Former monopoly PTCL, an affiliate of United Arab Emirates’ Etisalat, is the third-ranked mobile operator, with a 19% market share, behind Norway’s Telenor and Mobilink, a unit of Egypt’s Orascom Telecom, which respectively claim 25 and 30% of Pakistan’s 116 million mobile subscribers.
A spokesperson for Telenor said the government had postponed the auction indefinitely until it hires an international consultant to supervise the process.
The Pakistan Telecommunication Authority, which is running the auction, was not immediately available for comment.
The government, which is still owed $800 million by Etisalat as part of the UAE firm’s $2.6 billion acquisition of a 26% stake in PTCL in 2006, expects to raise at least $630 million from the 3G auction, having set a base price of $210 million for each licence.
That would have raised much-needed money for Pakistan’s government, which battling doubled-digit inflation and a sharply widening trade deficit, while foreign investment into the country has also plunged.
Pakistan’s two other mobile operators are Warid Telecom – a joint venture between Abu Dhabi Group and SingTel Group – and China Mobile Communication Cooperation’s Zong.

There was this scam uncovered in the 3G project, and some problems are now there.

Back
Top Bottom